ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337032)

Dunerdr 04-19-2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15633999)
Dude, you need to get your Hill history correct.

Hill didn't know he was being recorded, She was trying to trap him into admitting something. Thats what brought validity to the tape. He didnt know he was being recorded, she was recording and still admitted it was all BS going back to Hill pushing her down stairs at OK state.

I'm not that concerned with getting it straight its water under the bridge now, and i didnt stay up to the minute because im a believer in innocent until proven guilty. Any way thanks for the info.

Icon 04-19-2021 08:47 AM

Interesting...

Free agent Alejandro Villanueva could be headed to a familiar opponent in the AFC North.

Per NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Villanueva is set to visit with the Ravens this week.

Villanueva, 32, has spent the last six years as Pittsburgh’s left tackle. He hasn’t missed a start since taking over the position in the middle of the 2015 season.

The Ravens’ offensive tackles have been an intriguing plot point of the club’s offseason. Ronnie Stanley is expected to be Baltimore’s left tackle once again in 2021 after suffering a season-ending ankle injury last November. Orlando Brown Jr. began last season as Baltimore’s right tackle, but shifted over to the left when Ronnie Stanley suffered a season-ending ankle injury last year. Brown wants to play left tackle, believing it’s a better position for him, which could result in a trade.

If the Ravens can sign Villanueva, that could open up the possibility for Baltimore to move Brown to a team that would play him at his desired position.Report: Alejandro Villanueva set to visit with Ravens

The Franchise 04-19-2021 08:49 AM

Well if Brown is going to get traded....it’s going to be right before the draft probably.

Sofa King 04-19-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15634093)
Well if Brown is going to get traded....it’s going to be right before the draft probably.

I don't think he gets traded until the first round is complete. I think he gets traded for a combination of a second rounder plus something next year. That's my guess. It seems like every year there is someone available that people think will bring a first and they never do, but when the second round comes around that player is traded.

Dunerdr 04-19-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 15634108)
I don't think he gets traded until the first round is complete. I think he gets traded for a combination of a second rounder plus something next year. That's my guess. It seems like every year there is someone available that people think will bring a first and they never do, but when the second round comes around that player is traded.

If this compensation is the case id be okay with it. Our second plus a second next year i could live with. But all the talk of a first plus leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

TEX 04-19-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 15634087)
Interesting...

Free agent Alejandro Villanueva could be headed to a familiar opponent in the AFC North.

Per NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Villanueva is set to visit with the Ravens this week.

Villanueva, 32, has spent the last six years as Pittsburgh’s left tackle. He hasn’t missed a start since taking over the position in the middle of the 2015 season.

The Ravens’ offensive tackles have been an intriguing plot point of the club’s offseason. Ronnie Stanley is expected to be Baltimore’s left tackle once again in 2021 after suffering a season-ending ankle injury last November. Orlando Brown Jr. began last season as Baltimore’s right tackle, but shifted over to the left when Ronnie Stanley suffered a season-ending ankle injury last year. Brown wants to play left tackle, believing it’s a better position for him, which could result in a trade.

If the Ravens can sign Villanueva, that could open up the possibility for Baltimore to move Brown to a team that would play him at his desired position.Report: Alejandro Villanueva set to visit with Ravens

IMO, The Chiefs should sign Villanueva as a reliable stop-gap, save the draft capital it would take to trade for a LT, and draft a LT in a Tackle -heavy draft.

In58men 04-19-2021 09:27 AM

Not sure where to put this....

Hear from Andy Reid LIVE and exclusively next on @610SportsKC

In58men 04-19-2021 09:28 AM

I believe this is the first time he’s speaking since the SB

TEX 04-19-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15634167)
Not sure where to put this....

Hear from Andy Reid LIVE and exclusively next on @610SportsKC

In it's own new thread, maybe? :shrug:

The Franchise 04-19-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15634170)
In it's own new thread, maybe? :shrug:

He can’t start one.

smithandrew051 04-19-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15634151)
IMO, The Chiefs should sign Villanueva as a reliable stop-gap, save the draft capital it would take to trade for a LT, and draft a LT in a Tackle -heavy draft.

Stop gap plus draft pick is the ideal route. Sets us up for immediate and long term success without over spending resources. The only issue is that Villanueva and Okung are really the only viable stop gaps right now.

I hope we can make that work.

I just can’t picture the Ravens trading a starting LT to us without absolutely ripping us off...and oh yeah, he’ll need a new contract too.

Dunerdr 04-19-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15634184)
Stop gap plus draft pick is the ideal route. Sets us up for immediate and long term success without over spending resources. The only issue is that Villanueva and Okung are really the only viable stop gaps right now.

I hope we can make that work.

I just can’t picture the Ravens trading a starting LT to us without absolutely ripping us off...and oh yeah, he’ll need a new contract too.

For some reason people really hate the idea of a stop gap, personally i'd rather stop gap if even possibly needed. If the pick is ready to go sooner you just have quality depth.

TEX 04-19-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15634180)
He can’t start one.

Oh man, my bad. Well then someone will..

smithandrew051 04-19-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15634192)
For some reason people really hate the idea of a stop gap, personally i'd rather stop gap if even possibly needed. If the pick is ready to go sooner you just have quality depth.

Yeah I don’t get the hate on that either.

I get really uncomfortable with trading multiple picks for a guy that we’ll need to give a big contract to immediately. One injury and all of those resources are wasted. I’d rather spread those resources amongst several players.

Wallymo 04-19-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15634281)
Yeah I don’t get the hate on that either.

I get really uncomfortable with trading multiple picks for a guy that we’ll need to give a big contract to immediately. One injury and all of those resources are wasted. I’d rather spread those resources amongst several players.

Agreed. The team cannot afford to trade early-round picks or invest large dollars for a substandard solution. Our big contracts are going to come due in the next couple of years -- we need all the swings at cheap talent we can get.

And there have been many, many highly successful tackles picked after the first round. This year's deep class means a tackle taken in the second or third round would have had first round grades in other classes.

I'm for protecting Jesus as much as the next fellow. But I don't believe the team needs to mortgage its future to do so. Whoever the Chiefs roll out at LT will have Thuney to help lighten the burden. So I would either take a tackle at 31 or, if the top four first-rounders are gone, trade back for more capital.