ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KCUnited 11-08-2009 06:05 PM

The Last House on the Left.

Excellent. Definitely enjoyed it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6239530)
Babylon AD was a turd. A long, steaming, toilet clogging turd.

1800 just poured me drink. What does your top do?

Nuthin'...:D

Stryker 11-08-2009 06:46 PM

Watched:

G.I. Joe - liked it
Saw VI - Awesome!

UP NEXT:

Trick 'R Treat
Orphan

Baby Lee 11-10-2009 07:05 AM

Excited about Up in the Air. I mean, Clooney, Farmiga, Bateman AND Danny McBride. Then you have the impeccable track record of Jason Reitman. OK, I'm excited.

But the extended trailer in Mad Men had perhaps the perfect quote from a reviewer, at least to draw in the likes of me.

"It's so many things that Hollywood has forgotten how to do well."

JIMP.

Lzen 11-10-2009 09:40 AM

Watched Lions For Lambs last night.
I didn't feel it was as one sided as some other folks in this thread. But it really makes you think about all sides of war and politics. Not a lot of action. Mostly dialogue. But well pieced together, IMO. The ending sucked but I knew that was coming with the way everything was leading up to it.

Reaper16 11-10-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6250654)
Excited about Up in the Air. I mean, Clooney, Farmiga, Bateman AND Danny McBride. Then you have the impeccable track record of Jason Reitman. OK, I'm excited.

But the extended trailer in Mad Men had perhaps the perfect quote from a reviewer, at least to draw in the likes of me.

JIMP.

I'm excited for it too. I don't expect it to be borderline interminable like Reitman's last movie was (Juno).

patteeu 11-10-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6251160)
I'm excited for it too. I don't expect it to be borderline interminable like Reitman's last movie was (Juno).

Let me guess. You thought Juno was too long and thought it needed a "happier ending" like one of these:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3Nc33k_PS0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3Nc33k_PS0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sure-Oz 11-10-2009 01:17 PM

gijoe-horrible, i didnt even finish it because it was transformers over the top.
taking of pelham 123-no suspense, or backstory at all, this movie sucked, not worth a netflix rent

Reaper16 11-10-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6251191)
Let me guess. You thought Juno was too long and thought it needed a "happier ending" like one of these:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3Nc33k_PS0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

That was a lot funnier than Diablo Cody's dialogue.

Sure-Oz 11-10-2009 08:49 PM

Anyone see the preview for 'brothers' with jake gyllenhal and tobey macguire? looks good, also natalie portman is in it. basically a brother i guess is killed on duty at war...the other brother i guess hooks up wtih the greiving wife, guess what brother is not really dead...psycho shit happens.

Miles 11-10-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6252457)
Anyone see the preview for 'brothers' with jake gyllenhal and tobey macguire? looks good, also natalie portman is in it. basically a brother i guess is killed on duty at war...the other brother i guess hooks up wtih the greiving wife, guess what brother is not really dead...psycho shit happens.

Looks interesting but they probably gave up too much about the plot in the trailer which seems to be happening more often these days.

It is also a remake of a Danish flick (Brødre) from a few years ago that was pretty damn good. If you don't mind subtitles it is well worth the rent.

irishjayhawk 11-10-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6250654)

JIMP.

Been on my watch list for a LONG while. They moved it up to November because of the good buzz in Toronto.

Also had one of the best trailers in a while. EDIT: Best teaser in a while. I liked the teaser better than the trailer, which is rare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6251160)

I don't get why it's so "cool" to hate on Juno.

Reaper16 11-10-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6252594)
I don't get why it's so "cool" to hate on Juno.

The soundtrack is grating. But for me the characters are empty. Everything that is said in the movie is just so scripted. The film just rings artificially to me.

irishjayhawk 11-10-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6252611)
The soundtrack is grating. But for me the characters are empty. Everything that is said in the movie is just so scripted. The film just rings artificially to me.

Sometimes, it's nice to have a movie like that.

Do you like LMS?

Reaper16 11-10-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6252616)

Do you like LMS?

I don't know that that stands for.

irishjayhawk 11-10-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6252624)
I don't know that that stands for.

Little Miss Sunshine.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-10-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6252611)

It's easy to hate on because it's hackneyed.

Pulp Fiction worked in large part because of the realism of the dialogue. They seemed like real people having real conversations, even if it was sometimes about surreal subjects.

Juno was a bunch of characters trying to seem real through their dialogue and failing.

It was a movie that had a lot of lines that you'd think someone might say in that situation if you knew nothing about them or social dynamics. No matter how iconoclastic you want your lead to appear, no one is that flippantly sarcastic, nor are they so wholly removed from their own situation that they can constantly engage in a meta-analysis of the minutiae of their daily existence.

No one constantly and recursively breaks the 4th wall of their own existence as they live it.

It was a bad piece of masturbatory performance art for the writer and about the writer.

Demonpenz 11-10-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6252641)
It's easy to hate on because it's hackneyed.

Pulp Fiction worked in large part because of the realism of the dialogue. They seemed like real people having real conversations, even if it was sometimes about surreal subjects.

Juno was a bunch of characters trying to seem real through their dialogue and failing.

It was a movie that had a lot of lines that you'd think someone might say in that situation if you knew nothing about them or social dynamics. No matter how iconoclastic you want your lead to appear, no one is that flippantly sarcastic, nor are they so wholly removed from their own situation that they can constantly engage in a meta-analysis of the minutiae of their daily existence.

No one constantly and recursively breaks the 4th wall of their own existence as they live it.

It was a bad piece of masturbatory performance art for the writer and about the writer.

I don't know what this means, but I like it....or Do I.... *inner monolouge* gasp Hamas thinks he is SOOO cool. Meanwhile I got the shirt and band and bootleg of a song soundtrack to my life if my vagina bled onto a cd rom burner it would come out with this music that I cry too

Reaper16 11-10-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6252626)
Little Miss Sunshine.

Yes, I did enjoy that film.

irishjayhawk 11-13-2009 03:34 PM

Damned United: ★★★★☆

mikeyis4dcats. 11-13-2009 11:24 PM

Saw The Box tonight. Not at all what I expected. Interesting plot, worth a rent at least.

TrickyNicky 11-14-2009 02:02 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4wFtTj0-k4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4wFtTj0-k4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6259640)
Saw The Box tonight. Not at all what I expected. Interesting plot, worth a rent at least.

I read the summary at Wiki tonight. Sounds pretty convoluted, but maybe it translates well on film?

KcMizzou 11-14-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6259754)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4wFtTj0-k4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4wFtTj0-k4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sock! And Wash!

This looks like a fun one.

Brock 11-14-2009 11:51 AM

Watched a movie called "Shotgun Stories" last night on netflix. It's a low budget movie set in a small town in Arkansas, with lots of weird family dysfunction, the kind of movie I just love. Highly recommend.

Frazod 11-14-2009 01:01 PM

So, has anybody seen 2012 yet?

And if you went, will you actually admit it? :D

pr_capone 11-17-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long Duk Dong (Post 5089301)
Just watched Hot Fuzz this past weekend....fuggin hilarious.

I just finished watching this film... it was EXCELLENT.

KcMizzou 11-17-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6271841)
I just finished watching this film... it was EXCELLENT.

I have that on DVD. Love it.

pr_capone 11-17-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6271845)
I have that on DVD. Love it.

Thinking about queuing up Shawn of the Dead tonight as well.

Should I watch it tonight?

*shakes magic 8 ball*

"All signs point to yes"

KcMizzou 11-17-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6271871)
Thinking about queuing up Shawn of the Dead tonight as well.

Should I watch it tonight?

*shakes magic 8 ball*

"All signs point to yes"

:thumb:

Miles 11-17-2009 11:29 PM

Tough call on whether I enjoyed Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead more. Both ****ing hilarious and also somewhat overlooked when compared to more mainstream stuff. In addition to the two great main actors is the badass known as Bill Nighy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 11:32 PM

Isn't 'Hot Fuzz' an old 70's flick, kind of like 'Top Secret'?

On a completely unrelated side-note; that 'Jigsaw' is a real sonofabitch.

KcMizzou 11-17-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6272048)

On a completely unrelated side-note; that 'Jigsaw' is a real sonofabitch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAzDUJVl3e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAzDUJVl3e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miles 11-17-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6272048)

The name may sound like one but not that I know of.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6272065)
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAzDUJVl3e4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

ROFL

That does look good. Must...rent.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6272076)
The name may sound like one but not that I know of.

Yeah, I looked but no dice.

TrickyNicky 11-20-2009 11:24 PM

Devils on the Doorstep. 10/10. the AVclub had this as one of their scenic routes features so I rented it from Netflix. It is a great film. Rent it if you like foreign features.

Ceej 11-20-2009 11:37 PM

This may be a dumb question. But, does anyone know if George Romero (or anyone else for that matter) intend on putting another zombie flick out any time soon? I recently purchased Land of the Dead, 28 Weeks Later and Day of the Dead.

It's a damn shame 28 Weeks Later didn't include Cilian Murphy this time. It also felt to me like there may be a third movie to the series.

Just a curious question is all, because I'm a huge zombie flick dork.

Miles 11-21-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6279860)
Devils on the Doorstep. 10/10. the AVclub had this as one of their scenic routes features so I rented it from Netflix. It is a great film. Rent it if you like foreign features.

Definitely sounds like something I need to look for.

Lzen 11-21-2009 10:56 PM

Anybody seen Battlestar Gallactica: Caprica? I am just now sitting down to watch it.

blaise 11-22-2009 12:38 AM

I just watched Man on a Train on DVD (French w/subtitles) I liked it a lot. Great dialogue, acting and directing. It's not action packed, so if you don't like movies that move pretty slow it's probably not your cup of tea.

KCrockaholic 11-24-2009 06:39 PM

So who has seen The Blind Side? I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good.

PhillyChiefFan 11-25-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6291928)
So who has seen The Blind Side? I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good.

It was damn good. It was long, but engaging.

I read the book and it keep close to it.

It is a great story and Sandra Bullock is surprising good in the movie.

Jerm 11-25-2009 12:55 PM

Watched The Taking of Pelham 123 last night.

Pretty standard and by the book but decent I guess...found it somewhat interesting.

LOL it comes with its own built in drinking game based on how many times Travolta says "mother****er"...he looked like he enjoyed himself.

On the other hand it looked like Denzel phoned it in and was there simply for a check.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 11-25-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6293665)

Pretty standard and by the book but decent I guess...found it somewhat interesting.

LOL it comes with its own built in drinking game based on how many times Travolta says "mother****er"...he looked like he enjoyed himself.

On the other hand it looked like Denzel phoned it in and was there simply for a check.
Posted via Mobile Device

its an inside joke between the girl and i know when we say mothereffer like him haha. he said it atleast 28 times. That movie sucked, crappy ending

blaise 11-25-2009 02:07 PM

Wathced a movie called Boy A last night. It was good, but depressing.

CoMoChief 11-25-2009 02:38 PM

I saw the Mike Tyson documentary. It was ok.....He's still crazier than batshit.

Simply Red 11-25-2009 03:10 PM

so what'd the masses think of Rocknrolla?

Jerm 11-25-2009 04:12 PM

Ok Demolition Man was on AMC today...wow had forgotten all about this one.

Hate edited movies but I still watched it, good cheesy fun.

"Teddy Bear..."
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6294100)
so what'd the masses think of Rocknrolla?

Me rikey!

irishjayhawk 11-25-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Denzel has mailed it in pretty much since Training Day. All his movies are the same.

But that ending was shit. didn't even make sense.

pikesome 11-25-2009 05:15 PM

I know it's old-ish and I'm late to the party but... I watched The Descent yesterday and I was not impressed. Which surprised me considering how many people loved it.

I found myself unconcerned about the lead or any of the others and the first part of the movie was poorly paced. The movie spent so much time trying to show the bonds between characters no one cared about.

And then the creatures... ****. They were unmitigated crap. Stupid looking, stupidly explained, stupidly conceived. In addition to being blind they apparently can't smell or feel, and their hearing wasn't good enough to hear people feet away but was good enough to "see" with? And they didn't seem to notice fire. And walk on the walls with human arms and legs. If you want to know how they should have been watch Pitch Black and take notes. The level of incompetence in the monster design killed any enjoyment for me.

blaise 11-25-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome (Post 6294453)
I know it's old-ish and I'm late to the party but... I watched The Descent yesterday and I was not impressed. Which surprised me considering how many people loved it.

I found myself unconcerned about the lead or any of the others and the first part of the movie was poorly paced. The movie spent so much time trying to show the bonds between characters no one cared about.

And then the creatures... ****. They were unmitigated crap. Stupid looking, stupidly explained, stupidly conceived. In addition to being blind they apparently can't smell or feel, and their hearing wasn't good enough to hear people feet away but was good enough to "see" with? And they didn't seem to notice fire. And walk on the walls with human arms and legs. If you want to know how they should have been watch Pitch Black and take notes. The level of incompetence in the monster design killed any enjoyment for me.

I liked it. I know it's nothing great, but I enjoyed it. You are right about too much time with the relationships between teh characters. I watched in on DVD and fast forwarded about 20 minutes of the beginning and didn't feel like I missed anything. I thought the monster things were ok.

Buehler445 11-25-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 6294318)
Ok Demolition Man was on AMC today...wow had forgotten all about this one.

Hate edited movies but I still watched it, good cheesy fun.

"Teddy Bear..."
Posted via Mobile Device

:rockon:

I love that movie. Sandra Bullock was unbelievably hot in that movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 11-25-2009 05:52 PM

The Road is getting mixed reviews. I haven't seen it, so I don't know how good it is but I'm suprised at how many of the reviews basically say it's too depressing. I don't get that. It's like saying Caddyshack isn't serious enough. To me, saying it's too depressing totally misses the point. Some of the criticism though says the musical score is bad. When I first heard they were adapting this to a film I though they should use no music at all. Just wind noises, or rain, but no score.

KcMizzou 11-25-2009 08:43 PM

Just finished watching this. It's bizarre... and powerful. I loved it.

(1..2..3..4..)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBGeErufQdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBGeErufQdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 09:23 PM

I want to drag whoever approved that script to Hell.

What...a...waste...of my ****ing time.

Dane, why do so many movies suck and what do you plan to do about it?
( raps fingers impatiently )

KCChiefsMan 11-26-2009 08:05 PM

I finally watched the new Star Trek, I really liked it!

KcMizzou 11-26-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6296738)
I finally watched the new Star Trek, I really liked it!

If you knew nothing going into it... and only knew it was a Star Trek reboot, with that cast... you'd expect it to suck.

It was surprisingly good.

irishjayhawk 11-26-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6296779)
If you knew nothing going into it... and only knew it was a Star Trek reboot, with that cast... you'd expect it to suck.

It was surprisingly good.

Really?

irishjayhawk 11-26-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6294832)
Just finished watching this. It's bizarre... and powerful. I loved it.

(1..2..3..4..)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBGeErufQdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZBGeErufQdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

What a great trailer. The music gets me.

Was the music that good in the movie? The director composed the score...

DJJasonp 11-26-2009 08:29 PM

Cant give enough praise for this nice indie flick: "The Rage in Placid Lake".

Excellent indie flick. Clever dialogue, nice performances by all actors. Loved it!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwRXeKffyr0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwRXeKffyr0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KcMizzou 11-26-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6296783)
Really?

Well, I'd think so. Another Star Trek movie? With Silar as Spock, Harold as Sulu, and Shaun (of the Dead) as Scotty?

I dunno... at first glance, a guy might expect an epic fail. But in hindsight, it was perfect casting.

irishjayhawk 11-26-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6296829)
Well, I'd think so. Another Star Trek movie? With Silar as Spock, Harold as Sulu, and Shaun (of the Dead) as Scotty?

I dunno... at first glance, a guy might expect an epic fail. But in hindsight, it was perfect casting.

I'll give you Scotty, but Silar as Spock was perfect and everyone knew it. Harold was kinda in the middle.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-26-2009 08:33 PM

Bones was the shit.

Perfect. With TWO "R's".

KcMizzou 11-26-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6296800)
What a great trailer. The music gets me.

Was the music that good in the movie? The director composed the score...

Yeah, the music sets the mood and it's great throughout.

1,2,3,4... (Love the pathfinder)

KcMizzou 11-26-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6296831)
I'll give you Scotty, but Silar as Spock was perfect and everyone knew it. Harold was kinda in the middle.

Well in any case... they all did a damned fine job, and made a good movie. So, it's a moot point.

irishjayhawk 11-26-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6296858)
Well in any case... they all did a damned fine job, and made a good movie. So, it's a moot point.

Hear hear.

:)

:cheers:

luv 11-26-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Getting ready to watch this. I have GI Joe and this left. Trying to decide which one to put in tonight, and which one to watch tomorrow.

Watched the new Transformers last night. I heard a lot of bad things about it, but I liked it.

Sure-Oz 11-26-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6297018)
Getting ready to watch this. I have GI Joe and this left. Trying to decide which one to put in tonight, and which one to watch tomorrow.

Watched the new Transformers last night. I heard a lot of bad things about it, but I liked it.

Guess you'll love Gijoe...i couldnt finish it and transformers was pure, absolute dogshit

BWillie 11-27-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6297198)
Guess you'll love Gijoe...i couldnt finish it and transformers was pure, absolute dogshit

I like shit blowing up, cool special effects, and Megan Fox. I'm a shallow human being so I don't really care about the depth of the characters or some artistic climax that is supposed to make me think. I am easily amused.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6297225)
I like shit blowing up, cool special effects, and Megan Fox. I'm a shallow human being so I don't really care about the depth of the characters or some artistic climax that is supposed to make me think. I am easily amused.

I'm fine with those movies too, but transformers was a waste of time....'im under enemy scrotum' wtf...bay ruined what he did with the first one, which was a fun movie and no where near perfect. Megan Fox is in that jennifers body movie, im sure that has to be better than tf2, she probably shows her body more in it, only upside.

blazzin311 11-27-2009 01:55 AM

Just finished watching the screener of "Precious". Dare I say Oscars. I found Precious to be a tremendous film with some brilliant acting and some great directing as well. Frankly I didn't think this was the type of movie that would normally appeal to me. However as I was watching it I found it to be truly gripping. This movie isn't for the faint of heart mind you. You might shed a tear or two. It's a powerful film that depicts a sad, honest, brutal, disturbing truth. That being said it's also a story about hope and the fight to overcome these hardships. I think a lot of people can probably relate to it in some fashion. Give it a gander if you can. I don't think you'll regret it.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5FYahzVU44&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5FYahzVU44&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BWillie 11-27-2009 02:51 PM

Is the movie "Blind Side" any good? I was listening to the Tony Bruno show the other day and they had the football player on, who's live was based on that movie. The guy wouldn't even talk about the movie, said he wasn't going to go see it, and basically sounded indifferent to the whole thing. Sounds like they didn't even cut the poor guy a check.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6298066)
Is the movie "Blind Side" any good? I was listening to the Tony Bruno show the other day and they had the football player on, who's live was based on that movie. The guy wouldn't even talk about the movie, said he wasn't going to go see it, and basically sounded indifferent to the whole thing. Sounds like they didn't even cut the poor guy a check.

Michael Oher was on the show?

Hammock Parties 11-27-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin311 (Post 6297257)
Just finished watching the screener of "Precious". Dare I say Oscars. I found Precious to be a tremendous film with some brilliant acting and some great directing as well. Frankly I didn't think this was the type of movie that would normally appeal to me. However as I was watching it I found it to be truly gripping. This movie isn't for the faint of heart mind you. You might shed a tear or two. It's a powerful film that depicts a sad, honest, brutal, disturbing truth. That being said it's also a story about hope and the fight to overcome these hardships. I think a lot of people can probably relate to it in some fashion. Give it a gander if you can. I don't think you'll regret it.

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5FYahzVU44&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

Cannot watch a movie about a fat black woman. No way. No how.

NewChief 11-27-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6298112)
Cannot watch a movie about a fat black woman. No way. No how.

If it's like the book, she's actually a fat black girl, not woman. Like 14 or so in the book, I believe.

Push (the book it's based on) is a seriously controversial book that's been at the center of many attempts at book bannings.

Reaper16 11-27-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6298119)
Push (the book it's based on) is a seriously controversial book that's been at the center of many attempts at book bannings.

Because God forbid little white kids learn how underprivileged Americans are actually living.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-27-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6298121)
Because God forbid little white kids learn how underprivileged Americans are actually living.

Now now, you know as well as I do that one trip to Gates at 103rd&State Ln. is ALL you need to know about the whole of Black culture, right?

It's one-stop shopping for the culturally challenged!:D

luv 11-27-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6297198)

I'm thinking you had higher expectations of it than I did. I wasn't looking at it as some masterpiece. I expected it to be a continuation of the first. There were some corny parts, and the acting wasn't great, but it met my expectations.

Pelham 123 would have been much better without John Travolta. I had higher expectations for it, and it didn't meet them.

Haven't watched GI Joe yet.