ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Winston mad at the Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264770)

Priest31kc 10-08-2012 09:25 AM

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
@ericwinston Hey Eric, let Chiefs fans know we’re debating fan behavior @ 11:40 ET on SC. Fans can vote here https://sc.espnvote.com/

JFC

notorious 10-08-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 8991620)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
@ericwinston Hey Eric, let Chiefs fans know we’re debating fan behavior @ 11:40 ET on SC. Fans can vote here https://sc.espnvote.com/

JFC

Great, so now the entire country is going to vote on something THEY NEVER EVEN SAW!

**** ESPN. That is just stupid.

Iowanian 10-08-2012 09:29 AM

If Winston is going to Play like Jordan Black, He might as well change his number to I-65

gblowfish 10-08-2012 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was listening to Winston's Rant, and thinking to myself, "Where Have I Heard This Guy Before...???"

Then it dawned on me!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rfadyo.jpg

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8991567)
Being at the game, it was pretty damn obvious that a very large amount of people were cheering Cassel's injury. Here is how it went:

Pass to Charles, people start cheering, he is tackled, people cheer the first down.

Pile starts to get up and Winston and a couple others are calling for trainers as Cassel doesn't get up. The stadium erupted.

That goes on for a minute or two, then Quinn steps out on the field. More cheering.

People clap for Cassel as he leaves the field.

Similar to my section.

The ball before was a mis-fire to an open (I think) Baldwin; put it behind him about 15 yards downfield. We were all groaning in the area about another high/wide pass from the JUGS machine.

On the next pass, as soon as Charles went down on the tackle I turned to the guys behind me and made a crack about finally finding a pass that Cassel can complete (I didn't even see the hit, I can't imagine many people did). Then the guy sitting next to me said something about Cassel down. I looked to the sideline and said "Alright - Quinn time!", then looked to Cassel as he rolled to his shoulder.

Then he just kinda lay there for a bit...and everyone was pretty damn quiet. Folks cheered when he got up and really cheered when Quinn went under center.

But like I said yesterday - it's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. Folks didn't want to see Cassel in pain, they just wanted him the hell off the field.

And ultimately, I don't see how anyone can blame us for it. It takes a great deal of willful ignorance and haughty indignation to make this story take off. Fortunately there's no shortage of that in both the Chiefs front office and amongst the national press corps.

lcarus 10-08-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8991408)
First, it was, "Your choice to be a fan."

Then, it was, #getaclue.

Now, it's, "Chiefs fans are bloodthirsty, fly-over-state fools and neanderthals."

It's time for the fan abuse to end. Along with Pioli's tenure.

FAX

****in A.

By the way, who was Cassel talking to on the phone on the sideline directly before that injury occured?

notorious 10-08-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8991632)
I was listening to Winston's Rant, and thinking to myself, "Where Have I Heard This Guy Before...???"

Then it dawned on me!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rfadyo.jpg

I didn't want to say it, but I was definatley thinking it. LMAO

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Inspector 10-08-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8991547)
Gee, I don't know.

The fact that Winston IMMEDIATELY jumped to that conclusion says more about how bad Cassel is than anything else, IMO.

Yup. To me that was pretty clear. Because he knew Cassel, while being a great guy and all, is not very good. So he immediately went with that thought. Speaks volumes about what he actually thinks of his QB....

scho63 10-08-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8991555)
If the same thing happened to Manning in Denver, I bet you'd be able to hear a pin drop as soon as people saw him on the ground.

Some people continued to cheer after they realized KC got a first down.

Stop being such wusses and acting all offended. People have hoped for a Cassel injury on this board the last few months. Some people cheered and even more were happy he left the game.

I wasn't at the game but when he went down I can not lie: I was happy-not that he was hurt but it meant he was finally coming out and Quinn was going in!

Don't blame the fans because our "O" line is porous on pass protection and Cassel got hurt-the more I think about Winston's rant the more pissed off I'm getting! :#

Inspector 10-08-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8991567)
Being at the game, it was pretty damn obvious that a very large amount of people were cheering Cassel's injury. Here is how it went:

Pass to Charles, people start cheering, he is tackled, people cheer the first down.

Pile starts to get up and Winston and a couple others are calling for trainers as Cassel doesn't get up. The stadium erupted.

That goes on for a minute or two, then Quinn steps out on the field. More cheering.

People clap for Cassel as he leaves the field.

"People clap for Cassel as he leaves the field"

Just as we did when it was obvious he was able to walk off on his own.

Not every fan wishes for injuries.

Beef Supreme 10-08-2012 10:44 AM

Eric Winston said he was never more embarrassed to be a football player than when the fans cheered Cassel getting hurt. He should be have been more embarrassed to be a football player after the first 4 and 1/2 games of this season.

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 10:46 AM

Eric Winston can **** off.

DeezNutz 10-08-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8991633)
Similar to my section.

The ball before was a mis-fire to an open (I think) Baldwin; put it behind him about 15 yards downfield. We were all groaning in the area about another high/wide pass from the JUGS machine.

On the next pass, as soon as Charles went down on the tackle I turned to the guys behind me and made a crack about finally finding a pass that Cassel can complete (I didn't even see the hit, I can't imagine many people did). Then the guy sitting next to me said something about Cassel down. I looked to the sideline and said "Alright - Quinn time!", then looked to Cassel as he rolled to his shoulder.

Then he just kinda lay there for a bit...and everyone was pretty damn quiet. Folks cheered when he got up and really cheered when Quinn went under center.

But like I said yesterday - it's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. Folks didn't want to see Cassel in pain, they just wanted him the hell off the field.

And ultimately, I don't see how anyone can blame us for it. It takes a great deal of willful ignorance and haughty indignation to make this story take off. Fortunately there's no shortage of that in both the Chiefs front office and amongst the national press corps.

So the stadium didn't erupt when folks realized Cassel was staying down?

ChiTown 10-08-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8991844)
So the stadium didn't erupt when folks realized Cassel was staying down?

Heh. No. Honestly, I think most people were trying to see what happened and if Quinn was warming up. Once they saw Quinn throwing the ball, they started to get excited, but so what? Nobody cheered Matt going down, unless it was a really small faction of fans. The majority of the fans were curious as to what was going on, and applauded Matt off the field. Winston is a ****ing reerun

beach tribe 10-08-2012 10:57 AM

It was truly classless to boo in that situation. We are not raiders fans. It was really ****ed up. That said, I hope that POS NEVER takes another snap for this team.