ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

Chiefshrink 03-23-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9523204)
Albert hasn't exactly been dominant. He doesn't deserve elite money. We know this. With his injury coupled with his attitude he may have talked his way out of town. I like the concept that no one is above the team. With other top LT getting 5 mil per year that is the market for above average LT. Use the extra money to improve other positions.

Granted we don't know if one of the other tackles from the draft will be elite either but they also won't be getting elite money. He would be paid more in line with what we were paying Winston.

:thumb:

Chiefshrink 03-23-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9523214)
His philosophy was that no one is above himself. AR and JD have been offering fair market deals for the players they want to keep. They haven't tried to low ball anyone. Because of that it is my opinion that Albert is the one that has over inflated his worth. Maybe he has been reading CP. :D

Truth and common sense for some are just out of the question;)

You nailed it here:thumb:

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2013 08:46 AM

FRCDFED and chiefsshrink must be some of the morons I encounter on Facebook.

FRCDFED 03-23-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9523227)
FRCDFED and chiefsshrink must be some of the morons I encounter on Facebook.

Dave.....go take a ride in your camaro with the windows down. Sounds like you spend too much time on Facebook. Drama queen!

Chiefshrink 03-23-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9523240)
Dave.....go take a ride in your camaro with the windows down. Sounds like you spend too much time on Facebook. Drama queen!

No Shit:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9523240)

I'm talking about the Chiefs feeds on Facebook you reerun.

The fact that you think we overrate Albert proves you're a moron.

1 sack. Eat shit.

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9523249)
No Shit:rolleyes:

Go **** your mother.

Crush 03-23-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Albert hasn't exactly been dominant. He doesn't deserve elite money. We know this. With his injury coupled with his attitude he may have talked his way out of town. I like the concept that no one is above the team. With other top LT getting 5 mil per year that is the market for above average LT. Use the extra money to improve other positions.

Granted we don't know if one of the other tackles from the draft will be elite either but they also won't be getting elite money. He would be paid more in line with what we were paying Winston.

Oh really? Albert has done a superb job considering he had to protect Matt "I create my own pressure" Cassel for the majority of his career. Get out with that shit. He absolutely deserves the 9 million that Jake Long is getting. What injury? Last time I checked, he passed his physical.

Crush 03-23-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9523214)
His philosophy was that no one is above himself. AR and JD have been offering fair market deals for the players they want to keep. They haven't tried to low ball anyone. Because of that it is my opinion that Albert is the one that has over inflated his worth. Maybe he has been reading CP. :D

So their philosophy is too waste the No. 1 pick on a hole that they will intentionally create? Absolutely brilliant.

SAUTO 03-23-2013 09:55 AM

What top lt is getting 5 million a year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish 03-23-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Hasn't exactly been dominant? He's easily been a top 10 tackle the last 2 years. And I have no idea what you're talking about with the $5M per year market. That's way off. Albert's franchise payment is $9.8M, which is the average elite LT compensation.

Take a look at how the best LTs are paid:

1. Jason Peters at Tackle $10,400,000
2. Joe Thomas at Tackle $10,000,000
3. Ryan Clady at Tackle $9,828,000 franchise tag
4. Brandon Albert at Tackle $9,828,000 franchise tag
5. Jordan Gross at Tackle$8,700,000
6. D'Brickashaw Ferguson at Tackle $7,250,000
7. Russell Okung at Tackle$7,060,000
8. Doug Free at Tackle $7,000,000
9. Michael Roos at Tackle $6,000,000
10. Gosder Cherilus at Tackle $5,500,000

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/tackle/

LT is a premium position. And we have a very good one. You can see from the list that some of those guys aren't earning the contracts they got. But that's the market. Drafting a tackle because you can save money is idiotic any way you look at it. Some teams struggle to find good LTs. You're justifying letting a good one go and hoping to find a new one all for the sake of saving a few million dollars of Clark Hunt's money. WTF?

milkman 03-23-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9522196)
He's the best player in the entire draft. We're taking him if we stay at 1.
You want the best player in the draft if you are picking first overall.

Best player in the draft=best possibility of being a HOF.

Joekel is the most NFL ready player in this draft.

But even among his position group, he is less athletic, not as quickn nor as strong as some of the other prospects.

He's a guy with a high floor, but a low ceiling, having almost certainly come close to already touching it.

lcarus 03-23-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9523299)
So their philosophy is too waste the No. 1 pick on a hole that they will intentionally create? Absolutely brilliant.

Yeah I hate it too. It would be more understandable if Albert wanted out, but everything I've read indicates he's more than happy playing LT for the Chiefs. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the threads here regarding Albert, but I assume he just wants to get paid among the best LTs in the NFL and the Chiefs would rather trade him for more picks and replace him with the #1 pick that would cost less than what Albert's current asking price. Is that about right?

TomBarndtsTwin 03-23-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9523365)
Yeah I hate it too. It would be more understandable if Albert wanted out, but everything I've read indicates he's more than happy playing LT for the Chiefs. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the threads here regarding Albert, but I assume he just wants to get paid among the best LTs in the NFL and the Chiefs would rather trade him for more picks and replace him with the #1 pick that would cost less than what Albert's current asking price. Is that about right?

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

nychief 03-23-2013 11:06 AM

I must have missed all the Albert love the last five years. He is suddenly John Alt. Look they - the chief - must think his back is balky or simply think that Jeockel is superior now and going forward. Look if we end up with Joeckel and a 2nd rnd QB - which I doubt happens - will people still be freaking out?