ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

melbar 02-25-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9437568)
Tough crowd. It wasn't a stellar ep by any means, but it wasn't as bad as it's being made out. They needed to build it up a bit before the carnage resumed, that's all.

I'm not sure I like what they're doing with Tyrese and his gang.

Ya the Tyrese thing bothers me as his character is basically good, but maybe their setting up something more dramatic. Kirkman said on one of the "Talking Dead" shows he likes the opportunity in hindsight to set some things up better. Course its hard to top the drama at the end of season 2...

notorious 02-25-2013 07:40 PM

Tyrese is going to say,"Hey, they are not all bad people!" when the Gov spins a yarn about the prison group.

The Gov was also eyeing Tyrese's girl. :hmmm:

J Diddy 02-25-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9435751)
It's hard to beat out a woman that constantly doesn't know where here son is, who complains about everything when it's her fault in the first place, and that manages to hit a zombie and roll her car on the open road.

I'll see your Lori action and counter with Andrea shot Daryll, always whines and is generally an unlikeable 2 faced bitch.

J Diddy 02-25-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9434964)
Best part was the curb stomp.

Other than that. meh.

Oh. They have the hot farmer's daughter on Talking Dead. :p

**** that was almost the only part.

notorious 02-25-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9438347)
I'll see your Lori action and counter with Andrea shot Daryll, always whines and is generally an unlikeable 2 faced bitch.

**** both of them.

I wish Lori would have impaled herself on an AIDS zombie schlong.

Andrea has already implaled herself on a douche schlong, so she is on her way.

hometeam 02-25-2013 11:28 PM

Next week should be all action. Cmon walking dead dont turn in a lackluster s3 like AHS did in s2~

KC_Connection 02-26-2013 02:24 AM

Not good enough from TWD this week. Nobody cares about Andrea making a meaningless journey to say and do nothing in the prison. There wasn't exactly any character development with anybody else either. It's way below the farm episodes when they still had Shane to prop it up.

I thought they had pushed themselves to a higher standard in the first half of this season, but now they're heading back down again. Get it together writers. Hope it's just a one-time thing.

mdchiefsfan 02-26-2013 04:38 AM

LMAO There seems to be a trend here. God that episode 1 sucked. 2? Sucked. 3? Sucked and so on, but then: FINALE ROCKED!!!! CAN"T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!

The episode could have been better, but it wasn't that bad. I thought it was a good build up for the fight to come.

hometeam 02-26-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9440049)
Not good enough from TWD this week. Nobody cares about Andrea making a meaningless journey to say and do nothing in the prison. There wasn't exactly any character development with anybody else either. It's way below the farm episodes when they still had Shane to prop it up.

I thought they had pushed themselves to a higher standard in the first half of this season, but now they're heading back down again. Get it together writers. Hope it's just a one-time thing.

Im wondering why all the sudden Rick is gung ho to go in there and kill the Gov. I mean, where the **** did that come from wasnt he just telling Glen that they couldnt do that shit one episode ago?

Deberg_1990 02-26-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9440950)
Im wondering why all the sudden Rick is gung ho to go in there and kill the Gov. I mean, where the **** did that come from wasnt he just telling Glen that they couldnt do that shit one episode ago?

Didnt the Govenor and his men just attack the prison and try to kill him, his son and several others?

hometeam 02-26-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9440960)
Didnt the Govenor and his men just attack the prison and try to kill him, his son and several others?

Well true but. It seems like that was very sudden, there was nto a single iota of how they felt about that until andrea came in, and rick was super pissed and crazy about it. Just didnt 'fit' right the way that scene went.

melbar 02-26-2013 01:55 PM

Maybe Hershels chewing snapped him out of it and now he's in a "do or die" action mode? Your right not a great setup. Like the Lori thing. Hearing the Director and writers talk they thought all the little clues were obvious what was supposed to happen, but I keep hearing people question whether she is alive or not. Writer was asked last week if she was really dead and he looked a little panicked....should've been a better setup.

Fire Me Boy! 02-26-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9440950)

I attributed it to Herschel's speech about being the leader...

bowener 02-26-2013 06:03 PM

I said it last week or the week before, but this show is boring to me now. There is nothing I find original or appealing about it. I have just been watching it out of habit. I really want to like it, and I really want it to be good TV, but it just isn't. They have obviously moved away from any kind of character development, and sort of moved toward more action (human V. Human though). I can only assume they haven't moved toward more zombie fights simply because either the comics don't have it or they want to save on production costs.

I feel like they are trying to appeal to the broadest audience they can now. Thus the show will get more and more dumbed down each season, and the action scenes will increase, but serve little purpose other than to excite viewers. At this point I do not give a shit about a single character. They could kill Rick in the first 5 minutes of next week's episode and I really wouldn't give a shit. I actually might find myself intrigued by the show again. Everything just ****ing drags out, pointlessly most of the time. Actually, I would really enjoy if everybody but Merle and Daryl were brutally killed off. A show based entirely around them would be much better than Rick and his tired ass storyline./rant

Deberg_1990 02-26-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9442408)
I said it last week or the week before, but this show is boring to me now. There is nothing I find original or appealing about it. I have just been watching it out of habit. I really want to like it, and I really want it to be good TV, but it just isn't. They have obviously moved away from any kind of character development, and sort of moved toward more action (human V. Human though). I can only assume they haven't moved toward more zombie fights simply because either the comics don't have it or they want to save on production costs.

I feel like they are trying to appeal to the broadest audience they can now. Thus the show will get more and more dumbed down each season, and the action scenes will increase, but serve little purpose other than to excite viewers. At this point I do not give a shit about a single character. They could kill Rick in the first 5 minutes of next week's episode and I really wouldn't give a shit. I actually might find myself intrigued by the show again. Everything just ****ing drags out, pointlessly most of the time. Actually, I would really enjoy if everybody but Merle and Daryl were brutally killed off. A show based entirely around them would be much better than Rick and his tired ass storyline./rant

I Honestly think a zombie tv show is sort of limited. Zombies themselves are pretty boring as characters. I like the human vs human element this season, even if some of it is pretty poorly written.

I do wonder what's going to happen next season though once they have moved on from the Govenor and Woodbury. What are they going to do? Run across a new bad guys each season? It's a limited premise for a Tv show.

cabletech94 02-26-2013 07:32 PM

very unimpressed with the episode myself.

curbstomp zombie was okay.

andrea is a dumb bitch (no offense to any of the regular dumb bitches around here). i think there is more to merle than meets the eye. whether that's good or bad. the governor is posturing himself to be his comic badass. just you wait. it will probably take 5 or 6 more episodes as the way this season is turning out.

and for those of you who don't read the comic, give rick time. (hopefully) he will turn. and when i mean turn, if it's like it should be, it'll be worth the wait.

dmahurin 02-26-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9442721)
very unimpressed with the episode myself.

curbstomp zombie was okay.

andrea is a dumb bitch (no offense to any of the regular dumb bitches around here). i think there is more to merle than meets the eye. whether that's good or bad. the governor is posturing himself to be his comic badass. just you wait. it will probably take 5 or 6 more episodes as the way this season is turning out.

and for those of you who don't read the comic, give rick time. (hopefully) he will turn. and when i mean turn, if it's like it should be, it'll be worth the wait.

I like how you see the governor becoming the monster he is as opposed to just straight villain from the start in the comics. I think this chain of events will bring the real Rick out (hopefully).

cabletech94 02-26-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9442821)
I like how you see the governor becoming the monster he is as opposed to just straight villain from the start in the comics. I think this chain of events will bring the real Rick out (hopefully).

epic boner time.

if is a BIG little word!!!:thumb:

CanadianChief 02-26-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9441971)
I attributed it to Herschel's speech about being the leader...

I'm thinking it had more to do with Carl telling him to stop being the leader.

KC_Connection 02-27-2013 12:10 AM

TWD was very good TV for the first half of this season (in fact, it reached its peak as a show in the episode with Lori's death, IMO), so I don't buy the idea that it isn't/can't be. They're not of consistent high quality right now, though.

notorious 03-03-2013 11:53 AM

Please give us an episode that doesn't suck ass!

Lumpy 03-03-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9460101)
Please give us an episode that doesn't suck ass!

This.

Watching and waiting...

seaofred 03-03-2013 08:15 PM

Finally!

J Diddy 03-03-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9461530)
Finally!

This season is a reunion tour.

seaofred 03-03-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9461532)
This season is a reunion tour.

Is there anyone else that has yet to reappear?

J Diddy 03-03-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9461568)
Is there anyone else that has yet to reappear?

I expect to see Dale talking to Andrea by the end of the season.

RaiderH8r 03-03-2013 08:53 PM

Another filler episode. Yeah, it was nice to see Morgan again but...

Lumpy 03-03-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9461590)
I expect to see Dale talking to Andrea by the end of the season.

I miss Dale... and his hats. :(

This episode was meh, but the next one looks better.

Stanley Nickels 03-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 9461622)

I disagree. This episode reminded me of The Fly from Breaking Bad-- a ton of character development (a heavy, almost deliberate push for Michonne), and an "evening of the playing fields" between Rick and the Governor with the newly acquired arms.

J Diddy 03-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 9461622)

Right. Next week looks like something though.

Is it me or did they just start adding the music?

NewChief 03-03-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9461647)
I disagree. This episode reminded me of The Fly from Breaking Bad-- a ton of character development (a heavy, almost deliberate push for Michonne), and an "evening of the playing fields" between Rick and the Governor with the newly acquired arms.

I only watched last 20 minutes but there was more development of Michinne in that time than we've had since she appeared.

J Diddy 03-03-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9461647)

We've had 3 weeks of character development.

I'm sick of character development.

J Diddy 03-03-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9461653)
I only watched last 20 minutes but there was more development of Michinne in that time than we've had since she appeared.

Got a feeling she's gonna be doing some rick here soon.

J Diddy 03-03-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9461646)
I miss Dale... and his hats. :(

This episode was meh, but the next one looks better.

Losing Dale was the worst thing that happened in this show. I also feel it was necessary, because Dale represented the old humanity pre zombie.

No room for that in the new world.

KcMizzou 03-03-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9461653)

Yeah, and they even had Carl tell Rick "She's one of us."

It was a little heavy handed, but I enjoyed it.

Stanley Nickels 03-03-2013 09:24 PM

For a show that's usually bereft of quality acting from anyone not named Andrew Lincoln, Lennie James (Morgan) gave a quality monologue tonight.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:31 PM

That was a good episode.

It's amazing how callus and numb everyone has become.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:32 PM

I think Michonne is hot.

Ceej 03-03-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9461739)
For a show that's usually bereft of quality acting from anyone not named Andrew Lincoln, Lennie James (Morgan) gave a quality monologue tonight.

Every time he speaks in this show it is so authentic and powerful.

His character adds such a different element and dynamic.

KcMizzou 03-03-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9461776)
I think Michonne is hot.

Agreed.

Lumpy 03-03-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9461776)
I think Michonne is hot.

Michonne is a badass.

It was nice to see her have more lines in the show. When she went back in to get the photo for Carl, that was a great twist to her character.

Stanley Nickels 03-03-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9461777)
Every time he speaks in this show it is so authentic and powerful.

His character adds such a different element and dynamic.

I didn't really like him in Jericho, but for some reason I think he fits better in this show.

Ceej 03-03-2013 09:45 PM

Anyone have any clue what being and doing "clear" meant?

KcMizzou 03-03-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9461815)
Michonne is a badass.

It was nice to see her have more lines in the show. When she went back in to get the photo for Carl, that was a great twist to her character.

Ninja skills.

KcMizzou 03-03-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9461824)

That was the title of the episode too.

Stanley Nickels 03-03-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9461815)
Michonne is a badass.

As was mentioned earlier in the show, it's pretty clear that the writers are making a deliberate push to bring more attention to her. In the past that's meant death, but I think she'll be heavily involved in the plotline later this season, and they're bringing up the emotional weight when that showdown or event occurs.

J Diddy 03-03-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9461828)
As was mentioned earlier in the show, it's pretty clear that the writers are making a deliberate push to bring more attention to her. In the past that's meant death, but I think she'll be heavily involved in the plotline later this season, and they're bringing up the emotional weight when that showdown or event occurs.

Nope. She's hooking up with Rick and they will rule.

Stanley Nickels 03-03-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

A guest on The Talking Dead thought that he was trying to clear the world of the Walkers, to remove the source of his unhappiness and hate. I'm doing a poor job of even paraphrasing her points, but I hope that helps.

Ceej 03-03-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9461827)
That was the title of the episode too.

Any guess what it meant?

Like to be cleansed and a savior type?

Ceej 03-03-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9461842)
A guest on The Talking Dead thought that he was trying to clear the world of the Walkers, to remove the source of his unhappiness and hate. I'm doing a poor job of even paraphrasing her points, but I hope that helps.

Worded much, much better.

Thanks, main!

notorious 03-03-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Clear out the Zombies.

MoreLemonPledge 03-03-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9461868)
Clear out the Zombies.

Or clear his conscience from being indirectly responsible for his son's death.

notorious 03-03-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9461877)
Or clear his conscious from being indirectly responsible for his son's death.

That's deep.

They played the same music when he was telling the story about his son getting "turned" by his wife as when he had his wife in the crosshairs in episode 1.2.

Ceej 03-03-2013 10:05 PM

I really enjoy Morgan's character.

I sure hope we see more of him.

Although I doubt we do.

dred 03-03-2013 10:05 PM

Did anyone else notice that Michone had a new crossbow and more bolts strapped to her back when they were loading up and heading out?

More ammo for Darryl finally!!!!!

I also lol'd when they stopped and picked up the hitchhiker's backpack on the way back. ROFL

Bowser 03-03-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9461898)
Did anyone else notice that Michone had a new crossbow and more bolts strapped to her back when they were loading up and heading out?

More ammo for Darryl finally!!!!!

I also lol'd when they stopped and picked up the hitchhiker's backpack on the way back. ROFL

Yeah, I saw that thing leaning against the wall after Rick tied Morgan up.

I liked this episode. It wasn't balls out action, but the pace suited me. The writers are loosely (and I mena LOOSELY) staying with the comic story, so there had to come a point where Rick and Michonne started to trust one another.

The guy that played Morgan did a fantastic job. Crazy what he had done with his little suburb. And no, that was never in the comic. Any of it.

Valiant 03-03-2013 10:28 PM

Best episode of the season imo..

I think wearing the sheriffs hat makes you a badass.. Why Rick is not as badass anymore..

And Morgan, great actor.. They need to add him to the regular cast once they kill some off..

Clearing I think means cleansing the walkers.. That is why he burns them..

Valiant 03-03-2013 10:29 PM

And what dont humans actively hunt the zombies.. Hell, clear out a neighborhood block by block..

Buck 03-03-2013 10:46 PM

I just got to the unmasking and **** yeah!

J Diddy 03-03-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9461972)
Best episode of the season imo..

I think wearing the sheriffs hat makes you a badass.. Why Rick is not as badass anymore..

And Morgan, great actor.. They need to add him to the regular cast once they kill some off..

Clearing I think means cleansing the walkers.. That is why he burns them..

I could see with that, but I think I'm going to go with clearing the conscience. Especially when Morgan told Carl never to be sorry.

J Diddy 03-03-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9461979)
And what dont humans actively hunt the zombies.. Hell, clear out a neighborhood block by block..

I'd be digging me a bad mother****ing moat

Buck 03-03-2013 11:18 PM

Pretty good bottle episode. Hope we see more Morgan in the future.

Paniero 03-04-2013 12:19 AM

Good episode. Carl's first shooting of a non-zombie, the lack of empathy shown to the lone person on the highway, the picking up of the pack showing that resources outweight humanity, and Morgan.

Everyone's getting colder.

Best episode of the season so far.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 03:53 AM

Much, much better episode than last week. One of the best of the season even though there was no main plot development.

Good to see the callback to the Morgan character even though his situation was excessively dreary. It wouldn't bother me if that's the only time we see him either. It seems he may have served a role in getting Rick back on the right track and into a better frame of mind. Rick saw in Morgan what he could himself become if he completely loses control (not that you can really blame Morgan considering what he's had to deal with). The scenes between Rick and him were among the best we've seen in quite a while on this show.

Also was nice to have Michonne have some lines and actual character development instead of her usual mute, stone-face routine. Even if it was a rather pointless and risky journey for Carl's photo, it did work.

Bookending it with the hitchhiker on the road was also a nice touch considering the tone of the episode.

ChiefRocka 03-04-2013 06:23 AM

Random question: do actors get paid for episodes they do not appear in?

Great episode. That fortress that Morgan staged was badass. What will become of the bullet that Michonne gave Rick..?

PhillyChiefFan 03-04-2013 07:21 AM

There were a couple things that stood out to me in this episode:

1. After Carl shoots the guy, he doesn't just stare at his body in utter disbelief that he did it. He's growing up in this world quickly and is beginning to just react and not think.

2. Rick seemed unconcerned that there were some serious dangers in Morgan's fort He just let Carl go out. Rick is beginning to trust both Carl and Michonne. Loved the focus on just those 3 characters.

3. Rick is back. He doesn't want to become Morgan.

4. Lastly, the guy on the road was deep. It showed the utter indifference and callousness the group, even Carl, now have for outsiders. I felt like it was great writing to just have the guy yelling for them to help him. They didn't say a word to one another, just drove on. And after the guy was torn to bits, just took his pack.

I thought the whole "You know me" sequence was a reference to that. It was the last person Rick knows from outside of the group and he realized, you don't know other people and you can't trust them anymore. Felt like that was his wake up call and all semblence of humanity for anyone outside of the group itself is gone.

Also at the end when Carl apologizes for shooting Morgan and Morgan said "don't ever apologize", reinforced the theme of the episode.

PhillyChiefFan 03-04-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9462388)

Great episode. That fortress that Morgan staged was badass. What will become of the bullet that Michonne gave Rick..?

He'll find it in his pocket when he's out of bullets fighting the governor, load it, and shoot the governor through the other eye. Boom! :D

notorious 03-04-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9462370)
Much, much better episode than last week. One of the best of the season even though there was no main plot development.

Good to see the callback to the Morgan character even though his situation was excessively dreary. It wouldn't bother me if that's the only time we see him either. It seems he may have served a role in getting Rick back on the right track and into a better frame of mind. Rick saw in Morgan what he could himself become if he completely loses control (not that you can really blame Morgan considering what he's had to deal with). The scenes between Rick and him were among the best we've seen in quite a while on this show.

Also was nice to have Michonne have some lines and actual character development instead of her usual mute, stone-face routine. Even if it was a rather pointless and risky journey for Carl's photo, it did work.

Bookending it with the hitchhiker on the road was also a nice touch considering the tone of the episode.

Lots of Guns - Check
Sets the stage for Morgan to come and help them at the last second - Check

Nzoner 03-04-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9461883)
That's deep.

They played the same music when he was telling the story about his son getting "turned" by his wife as when he had his wife in the crosshairs in episode 1.2.

Loved that scene about Duane and his mother.One of those that was so good on the storytelling that it didn't take your imagination much to picture how all unfolded.

Radar Chief 03-04-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9462096)
I could see with that, but I think I'm going to go with clearing the conscience. Especially when Morgan told Carl never to be sorry.

Sure but the physical manifestation of clearing his conscience is clearing out the zombies. That’s why he’s got his neighborhood stacked with zombie traps, and that scene as they’re driving away and you catch just a quick glimpse of Morgan adding bodies to the fire pile.

dmahurin 03-04-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9462388)

He loaded it in the gun when he was behind the truck. Jumped up to shoot Morgan on the roof but he wasn't there. I doubt the bullet holds any significance.

Radar Chief 03-04-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9462419)
There were a couple things that stood out to me in this episode:

1. After Carl shoots the guy, he doesn't just stare at his body in utter disbelief that he did it. He's growing up in this world quickly and is beginning to just react and not think.

2. Rick seemed unconcerned that there were some serious dangers in Morgan's fort He just let Carl go out. Rick is beginning to trust both Carl and Michonne. Loved the focus on just those 3 characters.

3. Rick is back. He doesn't want to become Morgan.

4. Lastly, the guy on the road was deep. It showed the utter indifference and callousness the group, even Carl, now have for outsiders. I felt like it was great writing to just have the guy yelling for them to help him. They didn't say a word to one another, just drove on. And after the guy was torn to bits, just took his pack.

I thought the whole "You know me" sequence was a reference to that. It was the last person Rick knows from outside of the group and he realized, you don't know other people and you can't trust them anymore. Felt like that was his wake up call and all semblence of humanity for anyone outside of the group itself is gone.

Also at the end when Carl apologizes for shooting Morgan and Morgan said "don't ever apologize", reinforced the theme of the episode.

Carl is growing into a badass but Rick is going to have to rein him in a bit. Notice how he jumped up on the bar before clearing the backside of it? He almost paid the price for that one and he’s going to be walker bait until he learns a bit more caution.

Radar Chief 03-04-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9462117)
Pretty good bottle episode. Hope we see more Morgan in the future.

I think we’ll see more of Morgan. In the after show they pointed out how intricate his setup is. I didn’t notice it until they pointed it out but he has color coded escape routes that lead to ladders that are also color coded and ropes strung back and forth from building tops to the “tower of power” as zip lines. When the writers spend that much thought on his setup I have to assume they’ll get more than one episode out of it.

seaofred 03-04-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9462670)
I think we’ll see more of Morgan. In the after show they pointed out how intricate his setup is. I didn’t notice it until they pointed it out but he has color coded escape routes that lead to ladders that are also color coded and ropes strung back and forth from building tops to the “tower of power” as zip lines. When the writers spend that much thought on his setup I have to assume they’ll get more than one episode out of it.

They also made a point for Rick to tell him where they were staying (In the prison). I assume Morgan knows where the prison is.

Valiant 03-04-2013 10:49 AM

As stated. I loved that they fleshed out michonne finally. Every viewer wanted her dead because she is boring. And frankly. They have killed almost every black character. Maybe they can get m&ms to sponser morgan and michonne.

Also. I would one up a moat. 20+ deep concrete ditch. That way you can burn them down there.

KC_Connection 03-04-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9462426)
Lots of Guns - Check

Not much of a plot development. The guns were secondary to the point of this episode.

Quote:

Sets the stage for Morgan to come and help them at the last second - Check
I kind of doubt Morgan will be going to help anybody in his current state of mind. In fact, I'd be surprised if we saw him again for the rest of this season. He seems to be solely committed to the process of "clearing," not involving himself in humanity's conflicts any more. His appearance also worked pretty effectively as a one-time thing outside the realm of the normal happenings on the show.

NewChief 03-04-2013 12:09 PM

I will say that, from a zombie survival lore standpoint, this episode was pretty cool. The zombie traps were ingenious as were the animals in cages as a distraction.

seaofred 03-04-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9462775)
As stated. I loved that they fleshed out michonne finally. Every viewer wanted her dead because she is boring. And frankly. They have killed almost every black character. Maybe they can get m&ms to sponser morgan and michonne.

Also. I would one up a moat. 20+ deep concrete ditch. That way you can burn them down there.

Where you going to get all that concrete, mixer, and people to get that ditch put in? Plus while that mixer is going, who is going to be taking care of all te zombies the sounds of the motor would attract? :D

PhillyChiefFan 03-04-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9462621)
Carl is growing into a badass but Rick is going to have to rein him in a bit. Notice how he jumped up on the bar before clearing the backside of it? He almost paid the price for that one and he’s going to be walker bait until he learns a bit more caution.

Yea, I noticed that and I agree. Damn good thing Michonne was there to skewer his face.

I used to not be able to stand Carl, but he is definitely growing on me.

Gadzooks 03-04-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9462715)
They also made a point for Rick to tell him where they were staying (In the prison). I assume Morgan knows where the prison is.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...50sw8sw578.gif