ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-15-2013 11:05 PM

How early? Perhaps our guy from "Hitman" can get his shot at SW immortality...
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 02-16-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9406621)
How early? Perhaps our guy from "Hitman" can get his shot at SW immortality...
Posted via Mobile Device

Timothy Olyphant? Interesting. I think Clay floated David Boreanz's name out there, too.

And really, what actor in Hollywood wouldn't want a shot at playing Solo in a new Star Wars flick?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-16-2013 05:47 PM

olyphiant ftw. "Angel"??? Really, clay? Really? Damn...
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 02-16-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9407196)
Timothy Olyphant? Interesting. I think Clay floated David Boreanz's name out there, too.

And really, what actor in Hollywood wouldn't want a shot at playing Solo in a new Star Wars flick?

That would be interesting, especially if we get Ian McShane to be a crime boss who feeds his victims to Wu's banthas.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2013 07:23 PM

If they're going for "young", Olyphant is not a fit.

Also, it hasn't been confirmed whether or not Harrison Ford will appear in Episode VII or if his agreement is for the spin-off trilogy.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9407196)

Boreanz would be older than Ford when he last portrayed him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-16-2013 09:27 PM

not to mention a horrible choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 02-16-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9408466)
That would be interesting, especially if we get Ian McShane to be a crime boss who feeds his victims to Wu's banthas.

"The next one who sucks the penis that cuts the cheese gets fed to the ****ing Banthas"

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9409023)
not to mention a horrible choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree.

It's going to be a problem to cast a "young" Han Solo because there's just not that much young talent in America.

The Arts, Theater, so on and so forth is dominated by artistic types. "Jocks", for lack of a better word, rarely think about going into theater because it's considered "gay" and so forth.

So, we're seeing more and more of our action heroes come from Australia and even England because too many people have a stick up their ass when it comes to theater and acting in America.

It's really a shame.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-17-2013 10:25 AM

good point. Its no surprise that guys like mcgregor and nieson got tapped for the prequels.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 02-18-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9409758)
I agree.

It's going to be a problem to cast a "young" Han Solo because there's just not that much young talent in America.

The Arts, Theater, so on and so forth is dominated by artistic types. "Jocks", for lack of a better word, rarely think about going into theater because it's considered "gay" and so forth.

So, we're seeing more and more of our action heroes come from Australia and even England because too many people have a stick up their ass when it comes to theater and acting in America.

It's really a shame.

I got a pretty good chuckle out of that.

Sorter 02-18-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9412550)
I got a pretty good chuckle out of that.

I lol'd as well.

i do agree with Dane though.

Easy 6 02-18-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

I agree.

It's really a shame.

This is no lie, theres a definite stigma attached to acting in this country.

Tribal Warfare 02-18-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

I agree.

It's really a shame.

It depends what area of country you are speaking of, because in SWMO they have a real strong arts and drama contingent.

NewChief 02-18-2013 04:44 PM

This kid just screams Han Solo.