ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

Cannibal 03-23-2013 11:08 AM

Like it or not, Albert is outta here. Whether it be this year, or next. His big mouth didn't help matters.

Joekel (bust), here we come.

I hope like hell we can trade out of that pick. I want no part of that doughboy.

RealSNR 03-23-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9523461)
Like it or not, Albert is outta here. Whether it be this year, or next. His big mouth didn't help matters.

Joekel (bust), here we come.

I hope like hell we can trade out of that pick. I want no part of that doughboy.

LEAVE LUKE JOECKEL ALONE!!! /direckshun

http://www.maniacworld.com/stop-picking-on-britney.jpg

bevischief 03-23-2013 11:22 AM

So who have the Chiefs RAPED for him?

RunKC 03-23-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9523353)
Joekel is the most NFL ready player in this draft.

But even among his position group, he is less athletic, not as quickn nor as strong as some of the other prospects.

He's a guy with a high floor, but a low ceiling, having almost certainly come close to already touching it.

I agree, but he has other pros that the other 2 don't, like he has far more experience than Lane Johnson.

You can't really ignore Joeckel's tape though. He did a fantastic job against the conference with the best DL in the country.

I'd be happy with any of the 3 guys.

Red Dawg 03-23-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9523365)
Yeah I hate it too. It would be more understandable if Albert wanted out, but everything I've read indicates he's more than happy playing LT for the Chiefs. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the threads here regarding Albert, but I assume he just wants to get paid among the best LTs in the NFL and the Chiefs would rather trade him for more picks and replace him with the #1 pick that would cost less than what Albert's current asking price. Is that about right?

The point is too get our two pick back and get younger and a cheaper LT. I like Albert but this business that he is not replaceable is crap. We can trade down and get more picks and still get an LT that will be just as good.

KChiefs1 03-23-2013 11:48 AM

I'll hold off judgment until I see what happens.

Rausch 03-23-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9523521)
I'll hold off judgment until I see what happens.

Solid choice...

ROYC75 03-23-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9520553)
and as much as I'll hate it, I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens...at least he better be.

but I'm not going to fret about something that hasn't happened...I still assume we're going to trade down. If we don't, it'll be disappointing.

We know what we have in Albert. Joeckel is a question mark, talented and all, but still a question mark.

Remember, Clint Hurdle was talented and suppose to better or as good as George Brett . How did that work out ?

NWTF 03-23-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 9520689)
You win Super Bowls by drafting and developing a guy into a franchise, elite QB. You do not win Super Bowls any other way. Any season you do not do this is a season where you will not win a Super Bowl. You can't be afraid of drafting a QB and it not working out. You have to keep drafting QBs over and over again until you hit the jackpot. Nothing else works!

We are essentially shuffling the deck on a 2-14 squad.

It can be done. The 2000 Ravens and the Bucs a couple years later proved you can win with game managers acquired via F/A as long as your really good on D and solid everywhere else. Just because it didnt work out for P!oli doesnt mean it wont work for Dorsey.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 9523589)
It can be done. The 2000 Ravens and the Bucs a couple years later proved..

They proved NOTHING.

Do you know many times great defenses and fallen on their faces?

**** MAN. That same Tampa Bay defense lost an NFC Championship game 11 to 6 because they started Shaun ****ing King.

**** the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, you and most definitely, your mother.

Rausch 03-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9520511)
Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert

That's like saying Tom Cruise is just seeking a "meh" looking female to have his ki-.........nevermind.

Rausch 03-23-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523599)
**** the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, you and most definitely, your mother.

LMAO

**** you for finally being funny...

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 12:48 PM

Saying "it can be done" in reference to the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs is like saying Cassel can throw 4 TDs in a game, so make him your starter!

It happened a couple times.

It can be done!

splatbass 03-23-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 9523589)
It can be done. The 2000 Ravens and the Bucs a couple years later proved you can win with game managers acquired via F/A as long as your really good on D and solid everywhere else. Just because it didnt work out for P!oli doesnt mean it wont work for Dorsey.

And the Saints won with a "retread" QB from somewhere else. There is more than one way to win a SB, despite what some think.

Rausch 03-23-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523602)
Saying "it can be done" in reference to the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs is like saying Cassel can throw 4 TDs in a game, so make him your starter!

It happened a couple times.

It can be done!

DON'T YOU TELL ME IT CAN'T RAIN FROGS IN KANSAS BECAUSE IT HAS!