ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

Hoover 03-28-2017 12:15 PM

How in the flying fu@k can we draft a saftey?

We just inked Berry AND Sorenson

We have Ron Parker and DJ White

You drafted a guy in the 3rd that probably can't make the team.

Draft a CB is you want a DB

This is stupid

The Franchise 03-28-2017 12:20 PM

DJ White is a CB.
Ron Parker is 30 and about to have a pretty big cap hit.
This team likes to play 3 safeties at a time.
Williams would for sure make the team.

Hoover 03-28-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12801109)
I think you keep 5 safeties and cut Parker next year.

Parker
Berry
Sorensen
Murray
Williams

Lets be realistic we're not cutting Parker until the 2019 season.

There are some many other places this team needs depth/talent, a 5th saftey in the 3rd round is foolish.

Hoover 03-28-2017 12:24 PM

And for the record, had I been picking for the Chiefs I would have probably pissed everyone off for drafting a fatty, though I would have been looking hard for a WR or CB

The Franchise 03-28-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12801170)
Lets be realistic we're not cutting Parker until the 2019 season.

There are some many other places this team needs depth/talent, a 5th saftey in the 3rd round is foolish.

Parker's cap hit is $7 million in 2018. If we drafted Williams....I could totally see them cutting him following this season.

The Franchise 03-28-2017 12:32 PM

In 2018....you could cut the following players and gain $33 million in cap space.

Maclin
Hali
DJ
Parker

If you can find 3 replacements for those players in this draft.....why wouldn't you?

ChiefAshhole1056 03-28-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12801100)
lol... I was swearing about ahole picking Watkins one pick in front of me, so blame him. :)

:thumb:

DJ's left nut 03-28-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12801161)
How in the flying fu@k can we draft a saftey?

We just inked Berry AND Sorenson

We have Ron Parker and DJ White

You drafted a guy in the 3rd that probably can't make the team.

Draft a CB is you want a DB

This is stupid

Incredibly short-sighted.

Berry and Sorenson do NOT play single-high. Sorenson can't and Berry shouldn't.

And acting like Parker's any kind of long-term solution is the same as saying "well we don't need a WR because we have Maclin". Of course we need a WR - Maclin's getting older and more expensive. You're saying they won't cut Parker and perhaps you're right, but if they took Williams here, they easily could cut Parker after '17 and find a nice little chunk of cap room for their efforts. There's an obvious long-term fit and significant financial advantage.

And if you're going to say you'd have looked for a CB - what exactly is Eric Murray? Murray played S last year but that's because they were trying to figure out how to replace Parker long-term so they converted a corner. So you draft Williams and you send Murray back to CB. He shouldn't have been moved to safety anyway; he spent most of his college career playing on an island and has the skills to stick out there, IMO.

There are so few guys capable of playing a strong CF in this game and Williams could easily be among them. Instead of putting all your eggs in the Murray basket when we've never seen how he plays in that kind of space, you take Williams a full round after he should've been taken, develop him and have an outstanding cover safety.

DJ's left nut 03-28-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12801178)
In 2018....you could cut the following players and gain $33 million in cap space.

Maclin
Hali
DJ
Parker

If you can find 3 replacements for those players in this draft.....why wouldn't you?

Don't forget the $17 million you'll save by cutting Smith. You can find another $6 million by cutting Bailey as well.

Granted, you're now talking about a ton of talent you'd have to backfill, but there's enough depth in this draft that you could get a little lucky and pull it off.

I think Maclin sticks around for '18 as well, to be honest. He knows they can get out from under him this year and I hope he'll have his head screwed back on straight. If so, he can make himself worth the $7 million or so they'd save by cutting him.

Hoover 03-28-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12801191)
Incredibly short-sighted.

Berry and Sorenson do NOT play single-high. Sorenson can't and Berry shouldn't.

And acting like Parker's any kind of long-term solution is the same as saying "well we don't need a WR because we have Maclin". Of course we need a WR - Maclin's getting older and more expensive. You're saying they won't cut Parker and perhaps you're right, but if they took Williams here, they easily could cut Parker after '17 and find a nice little chunk of cap room for their efforts. There's an obvious long-term fit and significant financial advantage.

And if you're going to say you'd have looked for a CB - what exactly is Eric Murray? Murray played S last year but that's because they were trying to figure out how to replace Parker long-term so they converted a corner. So you draft Williams and you send Murray back to CB. He shouldn't have been moved to safety anyway; he spent most of his college career playing on an island and has the skills to stick out there, IMO.

There are so few guys capable of playing a strong CF in this game and Williams could easily be among them. Instead of putting all your eggs in the Murray basket when we've never seen how he plays in that kind of space, you take Williams a full round after he should've been taken, develop him and have an outstanding cover safety.

Fair enough, but I still think Parker plays on his contract through the 2018 season, which is why I question grabbing that saftey in the draft in the 3rd round. Plus taking Maclin, Hali, and DJ off the books, only making keeping Parker IMO.

RunKC 03-28-2017 01:24 PM

I like Eric Murray as a box safety and backup slot CB. If something happens to Eric Berry I want Murray playing SS.

I'm still perplexed me why we extended Sorensen when we have Murray? Sure he had a good year, but he's horrible defending the run and with the 3 we have now, we can draft the 4th player in a deep draft.

DJ's left nut 03-28-2017 01:25 PM

Moot point - he'll go at least 15 picks before that, IMO.

staylor26 03-28-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12801245)
Moot point - he'll go at least 15 picks before that, IMO.

Pretty much. No way Evans and Williams don't go higher in the real draft.

Direckshun 03-28-2017 01:29 PM

I really hate Boss' selection.

I thought kccrow knocked his out of the park with the previous pick.

BossChief 03-28-2017 01:30 PM

Daniel Jeremiah has Williams as his 46th best player in the draft
Mayock has him as the 5th best safety in the draft
PFF has him as the 50th best draft prospect
Walter has him as the 54th best draft prospect
His highlight and lowlight videos look really really good

If I can grab a talent like that at the end of the third round and have a viable plan for him, I'll do it every single time.

Especially with injuries and the fact we play 3 safeties so much. With only 1 injury, KC would be bringing up a PS player who is far less talented.

Like I said, I was down to about 5 players for the pick and I'll talk about those players once they get selected.