ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

seaofred 03-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9463170)

That is too funny... I meant, he probably knew knows where it is, since he's from the area and it appears to be a somewhat short drive.

notorious 03-04-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9463236)
That is too funny... I meant, he probably knew knows where it is, since he's from the area and it appears to be a somewhat short drive.

Suuuuuuuure.

Let me guess, your best friend is black. Right? Right?

LMAO

seaofred 03-04-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9464915)
Suuuuuuuure.

Let me guess, your best friend is black. Right? Right?

LMAO

Dang it, busted..

Buck 03-04-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9462388)
Random question: do actors get paid for episodes they do not appear in?

Nope, you'll notice one or two episodes a season like this for a lot of shows. They're called bottle episodes, where they take a few of the cast and isolate them from everyone else and shoot that episode with just them, usually all at one location to keep the costs down for that episode, in order to spend more of their budget on the high costing episodes with big booms or other crazy expensive things.

melbar 03-04-2013 10:47 PM

Best episode in a while. May have been said, but they wanted to do this last season but Lennie James was booked. Great job. Sad he couldn't join the rest of the crew.

mcaj22 03-04-2013 10:57 PM

Morgan is booked for another episode, I wont spoil which one specifically but you have not seen the last of him.

I just hope they dont kill him, such a great actor and I think could be awesome with the group and it seems Rick is at his most sane when he sees Morgan the guy who saved his life when this all started, and Rick looks at Morgan and thinks "I dont want to end up like this guy, I have to get my shit together and bring this guy back also"

But i dont know how much turnover there will be at the end of this season into season 4 in terms of characters, I assume there is a character purge coming in the four episodes

AussieChiefsFan 03-04-2013 11:00 PM

Good episode. I was wondering when we'd finally see Morgan again. Also seems like they're making Michonne more of a person that we're warming up to.

hometeam 03-04-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9461842)
A guest on The Talking Dead thought that he was trying to clear the world of the Walkers, to remove the source of his unhappiness and hate. I'm doing a poor job of even paraphrasing her points, but I hope that helps.

That is what I took it as, even before they showed him 'clearing' away the dead bodies of the walkers.

His only function left is to "clear" the area/world of zombies.

Baby Lee 03-04-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9465474)
Nope, you'll notice one or two episodes a season like this for a lot of shows. They're called bottle episodes, where they take a few of the cast and isolate them from everyone else and shoot that episode with just them, usually all at one location to keep the costs down for that episode, in order to spend more of their budget on the high costing episodes with big booms or other crazy expensive things.

Bottle episodes are not limited people, it's one location, when the Community crew [all or some of them] spend the ENTIRE [or near entire] episode in the library, or the majority of a FRiENDS episode 89% in a ATM carrel new girl he met, it can also be where they only stay indoors on existing sets.

Deberg_1990 03-05-2013 08:04 AM

Loved this episode. Its interesting just how "hardened" they have all become to their new world. A zombie approaches and they basically just shrug their shoulders and shoot or stab it. No fear, no remorse....

I liked how they showed them getting a pack n play for Judith. That makes sense considering its portabable.

Its too bad about Morgan. I was hoping he would somehow come back with them to the prison.

Nice to see them lighten up Michone a little bit. It does make me wonder though, hours in the car with her, and Rick and her dont talk to each other and get to know each other a little better???

blaise 03-05-2013 08:13 AM

Morgan's little setup seemed like a better deal than the prison.

cookster50 03-05-2013 08:13 AM

Someone said 4 more episodes, anyone know if they will be next 4 weeks nonstop, or will their be a crappy break of a week or two in there?

Deberg_1990 03-05-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9466462)

heh, no kidding.....they could have really used his help back at the prison.

Deberg_1990 03-05-2013 09:07 AM

IM still trying to figure out the zombie cycle. Why are there so many zombies hanging around if everytime we see them get a hold of a living human, they devour him/her? There would not be enough body left for a fully functioning zombie walker?

cookster50 03-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9466552)
IM still trying to figure out the zombie cycle. Why are there so many zombies hanging around if everytime we see them get a hold of a living human, they devour him/her? There would not be enough body left for a fully functioning zombie walker?

People that died in car accidents. People that got bit but got away. Etc etc

Radar Chief 03-05-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 9466463)
Someone said 4 more episodes, anyone know if they will be next 4 weeks nonstop, or will their be a crappy break of a week or two in there?

That’s it? That’s not enough! :deevee:

OmahaChief 03-05-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9466462)

Against walkers it was nice but against a human force I woud take the prison.

AussieChiefsFan 03-05-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 9466463)

The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Episode 13 - Arrow on the Doorpost - March 10
The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Episode 14 - Prey - March 17
The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Episode 15 - This Sorrowful Life - March 24
The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Episode 16 - Welcome to the Tombs - March 31

Deberg_1990 03-06-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9469515)

Nice...thats actually 3 more episodes than the usual Cable TV show.

Fishpicker 03-06-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9469515)

I wonder what that is alluding to.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Igako9Jqd3k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaise 03-06-2013 08:10 AM

It's also a lyric to a Bob Dylan song. "Seen the arrow on the doorpost saying 'this land is condemned. All the way from New Orleans to Jerusalem'."

J Diddy 03-06-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9467798)
Against walkers it was nice but against a human force I woud take the prison.

Against straggling walkers yes, you get a sizeable mob of walkers and then those little sticks ain't doing anything.

J Diddy 03-06-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9466552)

Just let it go. It's as realistic as it's going to get.

Fishpicker 03-06-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9469923)
It's also a lyric to a Bob Dylan song. "Seen the arrow on the doorpost saying 'this land is condemned. All the way from New Orleans to Jerusalem'."

that might have something to do with it then. In the last episode, I noticed Morgan marked a lot of territory with arrows. Rick's gang tagged walls with arrows while they reclaimed the prison.

Valiant 03-06-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9463106)
Where you going to get all that concrete, mixer, and people to get that ditch put in? Plus while that mixer is going, who is going to be taking care of all te zombies the sounds of the motor would attract? :D

I a-teamed some bobcats and the rest of my group are good with longspears. Trust me. We dont need the concrete ditch. It is more for amusement. Could also temporarily barb wire the whole area to stop them till we finish.

Valiant 03-06-2013 12:16 PM

Shit. Someone should borrow a mining earth mover.

Radar Chief 03-06-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9470466)
that might have something to do with it then. In the last episode, I noticed Morgan marked a lot of territory with arrows. Rick's gang tagged walls with arrows while they reclaimed the prison.

:hmmm: Good point.

Fire Me Boy! 03-06-2013 01:46 PM

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/401...1456828414.jpg

Lumpy 03-07-2013 12:01 AM

:LOL:

I came across this one a few days ago...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d38cc600f...pzt2o1_500.gif

notorious 03-07-2013 08:18 AM

First season: Zombies can break through department store glass and climb fences.

Last episode: Zombies can't break through cheap, old glass at the restaraunt while Michonne and Carl hang out inches from them.

Ceej 03-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9473216)
First season: Zombies can break through department store glass and climb fences.

Last episode: Zombies can't break through cheap, old glass at the restaraunt while Michonne and Carl hang out inches from them.

I guess this could be attested that most zombies become "weaker" the less they eat brains.

Just an assumption.

kaplin42 03-07-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

I noticed this two, and thought WTF? Maybe because of muscle deterioration?

In any event, the real WTF for me was that dumb **** kid Carl.

1. Shouldn't it be obvious by now that you don't go anywhere by yourself? ANYWHERE!!!!

2. Not clearing the area completely before hoping up on the bar. I wanted that little ****er to get bit so bad.

3. Standing with your back against some glass windows that could break because there are roughly a dozen or some zombies on the other side. Seriously, why not just rub yourself down with some A1 while you're at it.

blaise 03-07-2013 10:36 AM

You can't examine it too much because when you do there's no end to the nonsense, really.

Valiant 03-07-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9473491)

1. Shouldn't it be obvious by now that you don't go anywhere by yourself? ANYWHERE!!!!

2. Not clearing the area completely before hoping up on the bar. I wanted that little ****er to get bit so bad.

3. Standing with your back against some glass windows that could break because there are roughly a dozen or some zombies on the other side. Seriously, why not just rub yourself down with some A1 while you're at it.

My wtf was the hitchhiker. How the **** you going to live that long. Then gwt taken out on theroad like that. He was in pieces. He dropped his bag obviously to run faster. So how did he get caught by slow zombies. And if it was a horde how did he not see them?

Radar Chief 03-07-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9473483)
I guess this could be attested that most zombies become "weaker" the less they eat brains.

Just an assumption.

Quote:

I’ve noticed that too. First season they were also running, sprinting after live flesh and now they’re just kind of shuffling around.
I think they’ve actually touched on this though. Remember when Michonne and Andrea were taken to Woodbury and the Governor and Milton were discussing the walkers Michonne kept? Milton mentioned that when they can’t feed they become more docile. The Governor asked “wouldn’t they starve” and Milton replied, “They are starving, they’re just doing it much more slowly than we do.”
I think they also expanded on this with the bar/restaurant patrons in the last episode and is why they were just sitting around until live flesh came in. During the after show they mentioned the writers had a long, drawn out debate as to whether the walkers would be milling around or resting and I think that is why they chose what they did.

Radar Chief 03-07-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Carl is definitely getting too big for his breeches, Rick had better rein him in a bit or he’s going to be walker bait.

Ceej 03-07-2013 11:09 AM

I think it was Land of the Dead where some zombies also started dying off because of hunger.

Radar Chief 03-07-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9473497)
You can't examine it too much because when you do there's no end to the nonsense, really.

ROFL Yea, that too.

Valiant 03-07-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

My wtf was the hitchhiker. How the **** you going to live that long. Then gwt taken out on theroad like that. He was in pieces. He dropped his bag obviously to run faster. So how did he get caught by slow zombies. And if it was a horde how did he not see them?

kaplin42 03-07-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9473617)

Don't even get me started on the hitchhiker. First thing I noticed was his tin cooking/eating dish hanging from the backpack by a metal carabiner. That thing would make so much noise, you might as well be ringing the dinner bell for the zombies as you walk by.

And I wondered the same thing. The guy has made it this long and then all of a sudden is taken out for no reason in the middle of nowhere in the wide open woods. I mean, I know why the writers put it in there, but it just doesn't make any sense what so ever.

allen_kcCard 03-07-2013 12:12 PM

Maybe he (hitchhiker) had a really good spot in an underground bunker with a good supply of food and water. Supplies ran low after all this time, so he packed up his stuff and ventured out into an unknown world to try to find help, oblivious of how bad things really were, and how people that have been out there since it all started might react after what they have seen and been through.

ThaVirus 03-07-2013 12:14 PM

Last episode was pretty good.

Was great seeing Morgan again; really sad about his son though. He should have killed his whore wife when he had the chance. That's just the world they live in now.

Speaking of that, seeing how cold everyone has become is pretty different as well. The hitchhiker was the most obvious indicator of that, but also when they got to Morgans fort. He ordered them to drop their weapons and Michonne said something to the effect of "we need that gun". They were fully prepared to do whatever it took to steal the mans weapon (and probably his only means of survival).

Bowser 03-07-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9473531)

My opinion is that when Rick and Co. left him the second time, he just gave up and let the walkers take him. Suicide by Zombie, if you will.

blaise 03-07-2013 12:48 PM

The hitchhiker guy stuff I kind of let go. It doesn't seem plausible that he would be out there that way, but who knows what kind of random, unexplainable stuff you'd see if that was the state of the world.
Maybe someone left him there. Maybe he got turned out of somewhere.

bowener 03-07-2013 02:05 PM

A simple fix for the hitchhiker would have been to have him limping down the road.

mdchiefsfan 03-08-2013 04:58 AM

Man, I want Morgan back just because he is a great actor. That episode was quite gripping due to his abilities to play his role perfectly. The show could benefit with an actor of his quality around.

Ceej 03-08-2013 10:36 PM

Re-watching from the beginning with the girlfriend. I hope she enjoys this show!

notorious 03-08-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9478522)
Re-watching from the beginning with the girlfriend. I hope she enjoys this show!

Tell her that blowjobs will enhance her viewing pleasure.

Ceej 03-08-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9478537)
Tell her that blowjobs will enhance her viewing pleasure.

LMAO

If I am sitting on the couch and she's on her knees with her back to the television how is she going to watch the show? lol.

Fire Me Boy! 03-09-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9478616)
LMAO

If I am sitting on the couch and she's on her knees with her back to the television how is she going to watch the show? lol.

:spock:

She can sit on the couch next to you and lean over...

bevischief 03-09-2013 06:51 AM

2 screens.

notorious 03-09-2013 09:06 AM

If she is good at it, you will only have to rewind a few minutes.

spades 03-09-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

LMAO

I don't see why that is your problem

Ceej 03-09-2013 10:02 PM

She has actually enjoyed the first few episodes.

So she's in the clear.

lcarus 03-09-2013 11:55 PM

This show has progressively become more awesome each season. The first season wasn't really that great at the time of airing. I almost became a little disinterested and didn't care about it too much. Then I heard they were going with a different writer for each epidose of the 2nd season, which i thought was a great idea. The 2nd season was good. Some episodes were meh, but towards the end of it I was really hooked.

Now the 3rd season so far has just been badass. I'm loving the shit out of it. It's the only show right now that I actually watch live as it airs. Usually I'll DVR shows and watch them later. I loathe commercials.

Lumpy 03-10-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9481709)
She has actually enjoyed the first few episodes.

So she's in the clear.

She's a keeper. :thumb:

Ceej 03-10-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9482146)
She's a keeper. :thumb:

Until she tries getting me to watch Greys Anatomy with her.

J Diddy 03-10-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Only a true ****ing dick would do that to her. A real man would position himself so that when he laid on his back she can suck his dick and watch TV

Lumpy 03-10-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9482180)
Until she tries getting me to watch Greys Anatomy with her.

Greys Anatomy isn't that bad. It could be much worse and you know it. :)

Fire Me Boy! 03-10-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9482190)
Only a true ****ing dick would do that to her. A real man would position himself so that when he laid on his back she can suck his dick and watch TV

ROFL

Ceej 03-10-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9482194)
Greys Anatomy isn't that bad. It could be much worse and you know it. :)

I may give an episode or two a chance.

After all my mom made me sit through episodes of ER when I was young.

So, it can't be that bad. Can it?

Ceej 03-10-2013 07:58 PM

Another filler episode.

dred 03-10-2013 08:03 PM

Didn't get much out of this episode.

I get it.. WAR is about to go down.

Only cool part to me was the zombie head explosion with the baseball bat.

J Diddy 03-10-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9483968)
Didn't get much out of this episode.

I get it.. WAR is about to go down.

Only cool part to me was the zombie head explosion with the baseball bat.

1 hour that could have very well been condensed to 10 minutes (if that long).

1 scene killing 5 zombies and the rest of the show with Rick sitting at a ****ing table.

All I know is the season finale better be orgasmic.

notorious 03-10-2013 09:01 PM

That was a FANTASTIC episode.

Wow.

Chiefnj2 03-10-2013 09:10 PM

Merle is trying to stab Glen and nobody shoots him?

Lumpy 03-10-2013 09:46 PM

I thought the episode was pretty good, but it didn't go the way I had hoped. I was really wishing that the Governor would have pulled that hidden gun and Rick would have owned his ass by having a faster draw.

That was a nice touch by the writers having the members of each group socialize outside of the meeting. I have a feeling that will play heavily in what happens when they go to war.

I also thought that Glenn and Maggie were going to put on a show for the zombies. :hump: Nope. However, steamy scene was steamy.

Can't wait to see the next ep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9482383)

Greys Anatomy > ER

You should be fine. :)

Baby Lee 03-10-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9482383)

I had a running record in the first two seasons where something along the line would straight choke my shit up, a situation, a facial expression, an outcome, . . . every episode.

The first two seasons are top notch drama, top notch.

NewChief 03-10-2013 09:59 PM

Interesting to see Rick adopting the leadership through fear style. I talked a lot in previous episodes about parallel to The Lord of the Flies, and here I see it again.

J Diddy 03-10-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9484092)
That was a FANTASTIC episode.

Wow.

I'm curious as to what you thought was fantastic about it.

I literally got two dudes sitting at a table for a ****ing hour. This was interrupted by the occasional banter/mini zombie attack and concluded with some Maggie/Glen action.

Fishpicker 03-10-2013 11:23 PM

you know what would have been fantastic?

The governor should have agreed to a ceasefire on one condition. Turn over little ass kicker Judith.

Demanding Michonne in exchange for a ceasefire doesn't really mean much other than instant revenge for the Gov. If he had demanded Judith, that would guarantee Rick's group would never attack, the Gov's paternal instinct would be satiated, Rick would be relieved of caring for Shane's daughter, and Judith would be raised in a proper home.

KevB 03-10-2013 11:33 PM

I liked the episode, but the back and forth with Rick/Gov didn't quite live up to what I'd hoped. Rick was fine, but not sure the Gov is bringing the necessary dread in his scenes.

OmahaChief 03-11-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9484313)
you know what would have been fantastic?

The governor should have agreed to a ceasefire on one condition. Turn over little ass kicker Judith.

Demanding Michonne in exchange for a ceasefire doesn't really mean much other than instant revenge for the Gov. If he had demanded Judith, that would guarantee Rick's group would never attack, the Gov's paternal instinct would be satiated, Rick would be relieved of caring for Shane's daughter, and Judith would be raised in a proper home.

Asking for Judith was the thing I thought the Gov was going to ask for. I thought it would have made the most sense as you stated above.

NewChief 03-11-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9484606)
Asking for Judith was the thing I thought the Gov was going to ask for. I thought it would have made the most sense as you stated above.

In my reading, the governor isn't interested in strategy, peace, or fruitfulness. He's now driven purely by revenge and sadism. I knew as soon as he started talking that he was going to ask for Michonne. She killed his daughter and destroyed his eye. He wants to inflict some serious pain on her. I also don't buy for a second that he's going to leave Rick and Co. alone if they give up Michonne (which I think was pretty straightforwardly spelled out when he returned to Woodbury and started issuing commands to his soldiers).

This is one of those situations where I think the people who read the comics have a slightly different take on the governor than those who only watch the show, though. In the TV show, the main really screwed up thing we've seen him do so far was his treatment of Maggie, and even with that he stopped prior to actually committing rape. Of course, he killed all of those soldiers as well, but that's more about survival of the fittest than downright sadism. In the comics, he is a much, much more vile character.

Ceej 03-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9484185)
I had a running record in the first two seasons where something along the line would straight choke my shit up, a situation, a facial expression, an outcome, . . . every episode.

The first two seasons are top notch drama, top notch.

She made a sacrifice for me.

I will have to make one for her and watch GA.

Chiefnj2 03-11-2013 09:43 AM

It would have been a much more effective episode if the writers would have developed Micchone instead of her being some brooding background figure the past season. Make the viewers care a little.

siberian khatru 03-11-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9484778)
It would have been a much more effective episode if the writers would have developed Micchone instead of her being some brooding background figure the past season. Make the viewers care a little.

Yep. They finally melted the ice on her a tad last episode, just so they could talk about sacrificing her this one. Lazy.

Fishpicker 03-11-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9484626)
In the comics, he is a much, much more vile character.

that's correct and i think that is why some people feel that the Governor's storyline doesn't make much sense. In the comic books the Governor is a outright villain. On the TV show, the governor is a creep. He has been softened a bit because he did things in the comics that wouldn't (couldn't?) be aired on TV. The Governor asked for Michonne and we know Ricks answer will be no, just as the answer would be no if he asked for Judith.

No is the answer that the Governor wants to hear. Demanding Rick turn over Judith would have resulted in a more definite no. Oh well, we can see where this is headed. I just wish the writers for TWD would stop telegraphing where the plot is headed.

penguinz 03-11-2013 10:38 AM

Anyone read Rise of the Governor? It explains why when Andrea asked him what his real name is he is hesitant to say what it is.

Bowser 03-11-2013 10:43 AM

I wonder if they are setting this up to give Michonne a little bit of the treatment she got in the comics.