ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Brock 09-06-2011 12:59 PM

Got rooked into going to see "The Help". Now, ordinarily, I like any kind of movie as long as it's good. But this one was boring and obvious at every turn. Cliched, cartoony villains, trite conclusions, nothing was said.

Don't bother with it.

Dayze 09-06-2011 01:03 PM

finally watched "Black Swan". wow; really good movie.

what a trip.

Baby Lee 09-06-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin311 (Post 7880745)
On a more disappointing note, word is that Red State was going to be the second to the last movie Smith directs. Apparently he's gonna direct one more movie and then retire from the directing stage of the industry. Such a shame from one of my favorite and in my opinion underrated writer/director.

1. Hit Somebody might turn out to be a two-fer.
2. RevKev is ubiquitous on the podcast circuit and has several TV shows in development. The latest was just mentioned on Hollywood Babble-On, Secret Stash, kind of an 'Antiques Roadshow' for the comic book set. Also he is pitching a competitor to those daytime talk shows like The View from his movie loving stoner dude POV.

The rundown on KS' 'casting empire. http://smodcast.com/

Bump 09-06-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7881993)
No, but speaking of Adrian Brody i did see a movie with him & Forrest Whitaker last night called The Experiment.

Think Lord of the Flies meets Abu Ghraib meets one of the Jokers social experiments, pretty sure it bombed at the box office but i thought it was very thought provoking.

yeah I watched The Experiment, very good and that actually happened you know? It was based off of an actual experiment that Stanford or some big college like that did. Humans are a ****ed up species man.

Easy 6 09-07-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7883799)
yeah I watched The Experiment, very good and that actually happened you know? It was based off of an actual experiment that Stanford or some big college like that did. Humans are a ****ed up species man.

Wha? then it had to be very dramatized, two people die in the flic, please fill in the blanks...

Either way, very intriguing story.

Rausch 09-07-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7883812)
Wha? then it had to be very dramatized, two people die in the flic, please fill in the blanks...

Either way, very intriguing story.

Based on a true story.

It's a very well known psych study and no longer legal...

Baby Lee 09-07-2011 02:30 AM

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BcvSNg0HZwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu 09-07-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7883799)

Some of the experiments people did during the age of discovery were pretty wild. For example, Isaac Newton stuck needles into his own eye socket to put pressure on his eyeball so he could see how it would effect his vision. This is a tame example. There were lots of early experimenters who killed themselves or their assistants in the pursuit of knowledge.

listopencil 09-09-2011 02:52 AM

Just saw the new Planet Of The Apes movie last night. I enjoyed it. I am a big fan of the classic ones (hated that last remake) and this is a nice "reboot" along the lines of the recent Star Trek one. It's nowhere near as good as the new Trek but the franchise gets rebooted in a really constructive, fresh way. I want to see several more of them done.

listopencil 09-09-2011 02:54 AM

I should say that the CGI did disappoint me, but that may be just me. It might be impossible to make the subject matter look realistic enough.

Deberg_1990 09-09-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7881233)
He might take some time off, but he'll be back. The guy loves what he does.

He's just a bit sensitive. He takes bad reviews personally.

Haven't seen Red State, but I honestly don't think he's a Very talented director. His strenghth has always been his writing.

QuikSsurfer 09-10-2011 12:18 PM

Everyone must see Warrior. Plan it now.
10/10

QuikSsurfer 09-10-2011 12:18 PM

10/10

Bowser 09-11-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7892514)
10/10

Huh, suprising. It looks like complete garbage, ripping off The Fighter.

QuikSsurfer 09-11-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7898458)
Huh, suprising. It looks like complete garbage, ripping off The Fighter.

It's currently sitting on 82 at RT.
I was very surprised at how much we enjoyed it.