ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Molitoth 12-28-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

An argument that makes sense to criticize Geno is to say he's a product of the system he plays in.
There is another thing. If he is a product of a system, then draft him and BRING IN THAT SYSTEM. I will take the WV quick slants and deep posts all day long if Geno is going to bring me the stats that his "system" is giving him.

It's not like we are keeping Daboll or some ultra awesome chiefs offensive gameplan.
Go get your QB with talent and give him the tools necessary to win.

Dayze 12-28-2012 12:56 PM

good feet; evades pressure ; extends plays.

Buckweath 12-28-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9246122)
There is another thing. If he is a product of a system, then draft him and BRING IN THAT SYSTEM. I will take the WV quick slants and deep posts all day long if Geno is going to bring me the stats that his "system" is giving him.

It's not like we are keeping Daboll or some ultra awesome chiefs offensive gameplan.
Go get your QB with talent and give him the tools necessary to win.

NCAA systems do not always work in the NFL, didn't you know that? Ask Tim Tebow.

The Franchise 12-28-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9246113)
An argument that makes sense to criticize Geno is to say he's a product of the system he plays in.

Didn't he play in more of a pro-style system the year before this one though?

Buckweath 12-28-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9246135)
Didn't he play in more of a pro-style system the year before this one though?

Yeah, and his stats were not as good as this year, but again, that was his junior season. Just started watching him this year though.

The Franchise 12-28-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9246140)
Yeah, and his stats were not as good as this year, but again, that was his junior season. Just started watching him this year though.

65%, 4385 yards, 31 TDs and 7 INTs.

Seems alright to me.

TRR 12-28-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

He played in a pro style offense his Sophmore year. He still had a very good year that year as well.

The Franchise 12-28-2012 01:14 PM

Sophmore year:

64.8%, 2763 yards, 24 TDs and 7 INTs.

The Franchise 12-28-2012 01:15 PM

FFS.....over the course of his career.....he's increased his completion percentage, yards, QB rating and TDs thrown. He's never thrown more than 10 INTs in a season.

Exactly what the **** is wrong with this kid? Other than people are morons and go strictly off of color.

BossChief 12-28-2012 01:19 PM

Geno has been in the air raid system the last two years. He was in a pro style set up in his sophomore season.

He was very productive in both systems.

TRR 12-28-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9246156)
FFS.....over the course of his career.....he's increased his completion percentage, yards, QB rating and TDs thrown. He's never thrown more than 10 INTs in a season.

Exactly what the **** is wrong with this kid? Other than people are morons and go strictly off of color.

Color, offensive scheme, weapons around him making him look better (1st and 2nd round WR's).

That being said...I don't get it either. Geno Smith isn't even listed as a "player to watch" in the WV Bowl Game tomorrow. I'm not certain what he hasn't done to become a consistent mention.

O.city 12-28-2012 01:21 PM

I could get on board with holding the ball too long, but his pocket awareness is so good that I'm ok with that.

Chris Meck 12-28-2012 01:21 PM

It IS weird.

He's played in two systems, one a pro-style, one a spread. He's put up gaudy stats in both. He's got a bunch of starting experience. He's the leader of his teams. He makes good decisions. He can make every throw. He's got good feet. A quick release. prototype size.

The knocks on him all seem manufactured.

I think it's clear he's the best player available at the position of most need, but I also don't think there's anything substantial to knock him on. I don't get it.

Saccopoo 12-28-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

He played in a pure, under center pro-system coached by Bill Stewart his sophomore year.

Highlights from that year:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uNsvPiZAWZE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His sophomore stats:

241/372
64.8% completion
2763 yards
7.4 ypc
24 TDs
7 Ints
144.7 rating

Geno has always been an exceptionally accurate and efficient passer.

Hammock Parties 12-28-2012 01:23 PM

It wasn't pure under center his sophomore year. A lot of the highlights are from shotgun.

I'd like some more detailed analysis of what exactly he was running sophomore year.