ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

DeezNutz 07-21-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10758549)
Fair enough. Still an obstacle. I want a car, so I buy one for $10,000. I really like Lamborghini's too, but I'm not going to buy one.

OK, badgirl.

Archie F. Swin 07-21-2014 05:05 PM

recent twitter chatter that KC has a scout at the Phillies game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> reps are reportedly scouting the Phillies game. Marlon Byrd and Antonio Bastardo are probably the targets.</p>&mdash; David Lesky (@DBLesky) <a href="https://twitter.com/DBLesky/statuses/491354702991200256">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Deberg_1990 07-21-2014 05:07 PM

I just cant see KC being sellers if Dayton is in desperation/save my job mode.

DeezNutz 07-21-2014 05:09 PM

Earlier link suggested Dominic Brown, too.

Unsmooth-Moment 07-21-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10758554)
I just cant see KC being sellers if Dayton is in desperation/save my job mode.

That's what really sucks about the whole thing. The best thing for the Royals to do would be to trade Shields unless we go on a tear. Shields isn't going to resign here next year and if we can get anything more than a comp pick for him we need to pull trigger. Especially if we dig a bigger hole by the deadline.

Archie F. Swin 07-21-2014 05:14 PM

after we sign a big bat, can we get a new repository?

lautrec 07-21-2014 05:14 PM

I firmly believe not only is GMDM in desperation mode, but that's he's so deep into it he will do ANY possible thing he can think of to try to get this team to finish around .500 (Because if you can finish around or a little above .500, isn't that a like winning the World Series in a small way?). And for all of DMs "GREAT" trades, the Royals roster should look something like this: Ibanez, Scott Downs, Frasor, and other team's castoffs. Perhaps he will re-sign Frenchy and Yuni and talk Getz out of retirement. And with the great Ned "Frank" Yost leading the charge, the Royals could finish around .400 or .500 again! Weeeee!

C3HIEF3S 07-21-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lautrec (Post 10758563)
I firmly believe not only is GMDM in desperation mode, but that's he's so deep into it he will do ANY possible thing he can think of to try to get this team to finish around .500 (Because if you can finish around or a little above .500, isn't that a like winning the World Series in a small way?). And for all of DMs "GREAT" trades, the Royals roster should look something like this: Ibanez, Scott Downs, Frasor, and other team's castoffs. Perhaps he will re-sign Frenchy and Yuni and talk Getz out of retirement. And with the great Ned "Frank" Yost leading the charge, the Royals could finish around .400 or .500 again! Weeeee!

Ned's real name is Edgar.

Edgar Frederick Yost III. Much tradition. Much heritage. Much respect.

SAUTO 07-21-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Fair enough. Still an obstacle. I want a car, so I buy one for $10,000. I really like Lamborghini's too, but I'm not going to buy one.

If you are in the market for a 10000 dollar vat you aren't in the market for a Ferrari. SKC. Can afford a Ferrari. No matter what else they bought
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-21-2014 06:06 PM

Car not vat
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 07-21-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

It's not an obstacle. The SKC group would be one of the wealthiest ownership groups in baseball, and they have the bonus of having already proven their ability to succeed by hiring quality people and building a first-rate organization. It's not like they're succeeding in MLS by being the Yankees of MLS.

Illig and Patterson each have a net worth around $3 billion and are major players in Cerner, a compnay that is going to going to continue to make them richer and richer.

OnGoal is not a group that banded together because it needed to financially. It's a group that banded together because it WANTED to (those guys are all pals).

If they owned both the Royals and SKC, they'd do all sorts of cross-promotion things (Shared ticket packages, etc).

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10758705)
It's not an obstacle. The SKC group would be one of the wealthiest ownership groups in baseball, and they have the bonus of having already proven their ability to succeed by hiring quality people and building a first-rate organization. It's not like they're succeeding in MLS by being the Yankees of MLS.

Illig and Patterson each have a net worth around $3 billion and are major players in Cerner, a compnay that is going to going to continue to make them richer and richer.

OnGoal is not a group that banded together because it needed to financially. It's a group that banded together because it WANTED to (those guys are all pals).

If they owned both the Royals and SKC, they'd do all sorts of cross-promotion things (Shared ticket packages, etc).

Only obstacle is snuffing out the Glass lineage to pry the team from their grip to make way for the sale of the club.

If we have people doing tactical missions to sneak into rumored haunted graveyards in the cloak of night, I think their respective talents in stealth infiltration would be better suited in a little drop n pop mission on the House of Glass.
Seems to be a much worthier cause, and probably some sort of special board privileges could be bestowed upon these freedom fighters who unshackle us from our tyrant franchise overlords!

duncan_idaho 07-21-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10758778)
Only obstacle is snuffing out the Glass lineage to pry the team from their grip to make way for the sale of the club.

If we have people doing tactical missions to sneak into rumored haunted graveyards in the cloak of night, I think their respective talents in stealth infiltration would be better suited in a little drop n pop mission on the House of Glass.
Seems to be a much worthier cause, and probably some sort of special board privileges could be bestowed upon these freedom fighters who unshackle us from our tyrant franchise overlords!

I have heard that the rumor around the K is that Dan Glass is not going to be handed the keys when Daddy retires, that the team will be sold.

Because...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/S2XvxDaIwCw/maxresdefault.jpg

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10758849)
I have heard that the rumor around the K is that Dan Glass is not going to be handed the keys when Daddy retires, that the team will be sold.

Because...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/S2XvxDaIwCw/maxresdefault.jpg

One can only hope and pray.

teedubya 07-21-2014 07:38 PM

If the people from SportingKC bought the Royals... I'd be SportingWOOD.