ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jordan Gross may be available (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200055)

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5378062)
Considering all the needs the Chiefs have, what is the point in spending big $$$ on a left tackle when the Chiefs already have their LT of the future in place?

People are ****ing stupid.

Get over it.

bdeg 01-10-2009 11:23 PM

Its not about signing a LT. If you read the top it says he could be our solution at RT. It's widely known the panthers hoped to draft a LT and move Gross back to RT. I don't know if the rest of the NFL regards him as a probowl LT, and we need a right tackle. I like the idea of Khalif Barnes though.

milkman 01-10-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 5378172)
Its not about signing a LT. If you read the top it says he could be our solution at RT. It's widely known the panthers hoped to draft a LT and move Gross back to RT. I don't know if the rest of the NFL regards him as a probowl LT, and we need a right tackle. I like the idea of Khalif Barnes though.

Well, since Gross was voted into the Pro Bowl, and he made the All Pro team as a LT, then I think there might be a slim chance that the rest of the NFL "regards him as a probowl LT".

But, hey.
Maybe I'm reading too much into those honors.

aturnis 01-11-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5375842)
Worthless?

Do you know what's worthless, Champ?

Using the #15 pick overall in the NFL Draft on a Left Tackle, then moving that Left Tackle to Right Tackle to make room for an over-priced, 28 year-old free agent.

That's worthless. And ****ing stupid to boot.

But go ahead and continue to endorse the idea.

It just makes you seem dumber and dumber with each post.

Yeah, it is, and not one single person insinuated that it would be a good idea to do that.

aturnis 01-11-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377288)
So the franchises are equal?

Right now...they are both sitting at home. So if the goal is to win superbowls, then yes, they are equal.

I don't think you can really say that every Cowboys superbowl team throughout their long history has leaned heavily on free agency.

beach tribe 01-11-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5378202)
Well, since Gross was voted into the Pro Bowl, and he made the All Pro team as a LT, then I think there might be a slim chance that the rest of the NFL "regards him as a probowl LT".

But, hey.
Maybe I'm reading too much into those honors.

No matter how many times I come here, I'm still amazed at how many people have absolutely no clue.

aturnis 01-11-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5378273)
No matter how many times I come here, I'm still amazed at how many people have absolutely no clue.

I'm amazed at how reeruned guys like Dane are. The whole putting words in guys mouth's thing. ****ing asinine. Pay no mind to the fact that I haven't even stated where I stand on solving the RT issue. Just pick a place to put me, and then attack. Without even reading my new posts, just assume they are contrary to your own opinion and punch your keys with malice force. What an ass...

BTW....I'd like to draft a RT somewhere around the fourth.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 5378289)
I'm amazed at how reeruned guys like Dane are. The whole putting words in guys mouth's thing. ****ing asinine. Pay no mind to the fact that I haven't even stated where I stand on solving the RT issue. Just pick a place to put me, and then attack. Without even reading my new posts, just assume they are contrary to your own opinion and punch your keys with malice force. What an ass...

BTW....I'd like to draft a RT somewhere around the fourth.

Well honestly, I think your posts are pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

reerun.

And furthermore, GFY, n00b.

You're a ****ing MORON.

AND you add absolutey NOTHING to the conversation.

Thanks.

cmh6476 01-11-2009 12:34 AM

can we hope gross is franchised so peppers becomes available?

Valiant 01-11-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg (Post 5377407)
I believe you can also pay out the signing bonus whenever you want. Most teams spread it out, but we shouldn't have to.

Really?? Didn't we have a big surplus on the Chiefs the last two years??? Someone should have told them they could spend it towards bonuses..

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 5378300)
can we hope gross is franchised so peppers becomes available?

Peppers will be too old.

AND he's sucked until this year (contract year).

He was a big factor tonight, eh? :shake:

NO to Peppers.

Wilson8 01-11-2009 02:21 AM

The Chiefs need to improve their offensive line from center over to the right tackle. Signing a free agent right tackle would help to rebuild the Kansas City offensive line. Also to improve the line, KC should draft a center in the 2nd or 3rd round. There are several good center prospects that could be drafted. Alex Mack California, Max Unger Oregon, Jonathan Lugis Arkansas, Antoine Caldwell Alabama, or Eric Wood Louisville are all rated somewhere between late 1st to 3rd round draft picks. There are 3 other free agent right tackles besides Jordan Gross that are possibilities, MIA - Vernon Carey, GB - Mark Tauscher, and CIN – Stacy Andrews. They have several players on their current roster which should be given a chance at right guard, Damion McIntosh, Rudy Niswanger, Herb Taylor, and Wade Smith. McIntosh has struggled with speed rushers and moving him inside might help him. Niswanger has been getting over powered at center and moving him to guard might allow him to focus on the block rather than getting the ball to the QB. Taylor has been playing tackle but maybe his best position is at guard. So although Jordan Gross might not be the answer, signing a free agent right tackle could improve the KC line into a solid unit.

Wilson8 01-11-2009 02:40 AM

Another possibility is to go after a free agent center and draft a right tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round. There is not as good of a selection of free agent centers as there are right tackles though. Most of the free agents that I see have split time between guard and center like SF – Eric Heitmann or CLV – Seth McKinney.

Wilson8 01-11-2009 02:46 AM

Last year the Chiefs attempted to improve at center by getting a free agent. They wanted Jeff Faine that ended up in Tampa and they also looked at Justin Hartwig who signed with Pittsburgh.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-11-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5375145)
As good as Gross is, Branden Albert has the potetial to be better.

You can find quality RTs in the 2nd, third, fourth and fifth rounds.

Branden Albert played great last year while learning on the job.

I just don't get why people want to just move him.

It's ****ing stupid.

And Gross isn't that good. He's a product of two great backs and a ****ing phenomenal line of road graders that look far better than they are when they run 60% of the time.

He's a RT.

Hell, the Chiefs would be better off taking Andre Smith or Oher (provided Stafford or Sanchez (downgrade) aren't there) than signing Jordan Gross, and drafting either one of those guys would be stupid, as they'd have probably 80 million in two tackles.