ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Might you consider trying Arby’s new Diablo Dare spicy sandwich (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341799)

Pepe Silvia 01-11-2022 04:43 PM

Wendy’s had the very best Spicy Chicken Sandwich back in the day.

Easy 6 01-11-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16069582)
Those noodles are a mainstay in our house. They're definitely spicy.

I don't even know how, I took one bite and threw it in the trash

Reminded me of something my Filipino buddy in the Army would eat, I'd always go into his room in the barracks to see what he was doing, and find him hunched over a bowl of some shit all beet red and literally dripping sweat into the bowl like he was sitting in a sauna

And he was always loving every minute of it, big ol smile on his face :shake:

Bearcat 01-11-2022 04:49 PM

I'll need Fish or Baby Lee to confirm spiciness before spending $6 on this.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16069550)
Bought that exact style at an Asian grocery a little over a month ago, and you're right... absolutely impossible, theres just no point in bothering with something that hot

And I didn't even use the little packet of dried peppers that you top it all off with, just stupid hot, can't taste a damn thing

Well I definitely had to buy a 5-pack of those on Amazon now...

When you speak of me, speak well...

DaFace 01-11-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16066699)
It's hard to explain, but spicy food can be an actual physical addiction of sorts. Spicy food makes your brain think you're actually on fire, and gives you a huge dopamine dump to the brain that provides reward similar to drugs. Leaves you wanting more and more heat for that sweet sweet dopamine rush...

I've done two versions of "Hot Ones" challenges with friends. It's a lot of fun, and pretty much everyone can make it through it, albeit with a little pain. You kind of regret some of them in the moment, but 1) I've found some really tasty sauces on the lower end of the spectrum and 2) there's definitely a dopamine hit that comes from making it through. Here were our lineups.

https://i.imgur.com/MS1VBYz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AwcTUXB.jpg

Marcellus 01-11-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16068933)
I grow ghost peppers every year and add just 1 to a 12 qt pot of chili - gives it plenty of heat.

The thing about ghost peppers that's maddening in some ways is that they're GOOD. The flavor is just outstanding. I don't care for Habaneros and rarely use them in anything because all I taste is that smoke flavor on the front end. But man ghost peppers bring a lot to the party. But because they're so damn hot, you can't use many of them.

Jalapenos are funny - I've had some that are bland as bell peppers and some that have had me run screaming for any milk I could find. And seemingly off the same plant.

I grow Ghost Peppers and Carolina Reapers. Ghost pepper is good but Reapers have an incredible taste for about 2 seconds then wham.

Marcellus 01-11-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16069606)

Me too, couldn't resist.

Easy 6 01-11-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Enjoy! :shake:

ToxSocks 01-11-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Did you actually buy them?

I usually end up picking up a 5 pack once or twice a month. They're so popular now i see them at Walmart or sometimes the local mom and pop markets. My wife loves them and i'll have half of one, because i do like the taste.

You gotta give us a review.

Word of advice: Don't try to wash it down with Soda. Holy **** is that a mistake i learned the hard way.

Have ice cream readily available is my advice.

ToxSocks 01-11-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16069613)
Me too, couldn't resist.

LMAO

Ah dang, ya'll about to get it.

ToxSocks 01-11-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16069582)
Those noodles are a mainstay in our house. They're definitely spicy.

We've found that the original (1x spicy) are the best. Same flavor, not so torturous.

I think it goes up to 5x iirc. Can't say ive seen those on the shelves though.

REDHOTGTO 01-11-2022 07:32 PM

will so try them both, love me some hot shiot

Bump 01-11-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16069533)
Spiciest thing ive ever eaten and nothing even comes close. Has me legit breaking out in sweat, eyes turning red etc.

My wife is addicted to these damn things, and i pretty much gave up eating them. Too spicy to be enjoyable.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/eV21RDG" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/eV21RDG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

never tried those, don't think I would.

I did order from a local thai restaurant and I said make it as spicy as you possibly can please and that shit was pretty hot, but it also tasted good. Probably the spiciest thing I've had. Never had a ghost pepper tho, not really interested either. I like spicy food but it's gotta taste good and not just to be hot.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-11-2022 08:21 PM

Had the brisket one today. Fairly meh. Dumb how mild it was based on the marketing.

lewdog 01-11-2022 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16069533)
Spiciest thing ive ever eaten and nothing even comes close. Has me legit breaking out in sweat, eyes turning red etc.

My wife is addicted to these damn things, and i pretty much gave up eating them. Too spicy to be enjoyable.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/eV21RDG" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/eV21RDG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I LOVE spicy. Where do I find these?!?!?