ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200212)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5420919)
Did I miss a press conference or something?

It's all but Official; Shannahan is the new Head Coach.

RedThat 01-23-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5388336)
Yeah, but there was a sense of hope. In fact I'm noticing a pattern:

Marty - hope
Gunther - dope
DV - hope
Herm - dope

So we're due for a "hope" coach. Now this is superimposed on the GM cycle:

Steadman - hope (he won a SB)
Peterson - dope

So we are due for a "hope" GM too. Also notice that the overall trend of the Gms is upward. Peterson's best dope was better than Steadman's worst hope. Also for any GM, their hope phase tends to be strongest in their early years, while in later years, it's all dope. So we have three, count 'em three, trends going in our favor.

Pioli is a hope GM.
The coach he hires is destined to be a hope coach.
The early years of a new regime are a hope cycle.

Compared to DV:

Peterson was a dope GM.
The coach was a hope coach.
We were in the late part of the Peterson regime, which was totally dope.

hope, hope, hope >> dope, hope, dope

We're entering a golden age.

the "philosopher" cdcox

KcMizzou 01-23-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420924)

Getting an early start on being Shannahan's Reerun?

(And I certainly don't know about "all but Official")

stevieray 01-23-2009 07:59 PM

ropeahope

bishop_74 01-23-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420924)

What? That's not true. There are whispers that they are in negotiations that may or may not be true.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5420923)
I mean, your signature is just a smattering of semi-complete sentences.

I assume you mean that Clark and Pioli using buzzwords about championship teams doesn't make them saviors of this organization.

I mean that they said one thing, and are CLEARLY doing another.

I thought this franchise had finally turned a corner, but it's pretty obvious to me that we're right back to "Asses in the seats, and good enough is good enough".

This move makes no sense whatsoever in terms of the vision that was presented.
All I have to say, is that I better be witness to the Greatest Press Conference in the history of organized sports.
I better hear a plausible justification from Pioli or Hunt regarding this hire, and I better hear something other than the usual "blah-blah-blah" from Shannahan; he better dazzle me to the point of inability to see.

I didn't put up with Gunther, The Crybaby, and Herman "In over my head" Edwards for this franchise, at a crossroads and in a position to do something great, to pull such a mediocre decision.

All this talk and ragging on "True Fans" has been justified. That said, the ranks of the TF's have just swollen, and are now occupied by a great number of the same people here who laughed at them.

RealSNR 01-23-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420961)
I mean that they said one thing, and are CLEARLY doing another.

I thought this franchise had finally turned a corner, but it's pretty obvious to me that we're right back to "Asses in the seats, and good enough is good enough".

This move makes no sense whatsoever in terms of the vision that was presented.
All I have to say, is that I better be witness to the Greatest Press Conference in the history of organized sports.
I better hear a plausible justification from Pioli or Hunt regarding this hire, and I better hear something other than the usual "blah-blah-blah" from Shannahan; he better dazzle me to the point of inability to see.

I didn't put up with Gunther, The Crybaby, and Herman "In over my head" Edwards for this franchise, at a crossroads and in a position to do something great, to pull such a mediocre decision.

All this talk and ragging on "True Fans" has been justified. That said, the ranks of the TF's have just swollen, and are now occupied by a great many numbr of the same people here who laughed at them.

Who's your pick for head coach? Haley?

stevieray 01-23-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420961)

All this talk and ragging on "True Fans" has been justified. That said, the ranks of the TF's have just swollen, and are now occupied by a great number of the same people here who laughed at them.

prolly the most overexaggerated psuedo 'lexicon' ever discussed....

:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5420963)
Who's your pick for head coach? Haley?

Nah. I'd love him as a OC( who wouldn't ), but I'd much rather have a DC from Baltimore or Pittsburgh as the Chiefs Head Coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 5420970)
prolly the most overexaggerated psuedo 'lexicon' ever discussed....

:shake:

You can call it "Jimmy Crack Corn" if you like; it is what it is.

KChiefs1 01-23-2009 08:15 PM

Cowher has been looking for houses in the area...I'm not giving up!

beach tribe 01-23-2009 08:18 PM

The chin FTW.

LOCOChief 01-23-2009 08:18 PM

Cowher is the man for the job

RealSNR 01-23-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420972)
Nah. I'd love him as a OC( who wouldn't ), but I'd much rather have a DC from Baltimore or Pittsburgh as the Chiefs Head Coach.

I'm noticing you sounded a lot like a Frenchman from the 1790s in your previous post. You make a lot of demands and point fingers at people around you for the problems in spite of the incredible progress that's been made.

Carl's gone. Pioli's here. Herm's gone. That's a HUGE step in the right direction. That's why masses of Chiefs fans are buying "True Fan" stock right now, because most of the things they think they need have been satisfied and realized by the owner Clark Hunt. They see a competant guy in Clark at the head, who has hired a brilliant mind to make important decisions like this.

If they hired Shanahan, I'd be shocked, but I wouldn't be disappointed. Keep in mind, he was a great, young, promising coordinator before becoming a coach, just like the kind of guy you want. I think his problems in Denver were due to him just overstaying his welcome. It happens to the best of coaches who have been in one place for awhile.

Also, keep in mind, the way this organization is going to be run from now on is by the head coach and the GM being in agreeance on the direction. I'd think Shanahan if hired would be alerted to Pioli's method, and not his usual way of drafting first round usts.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5421008)
I'm noticing you sounded a lot like a Frenchman from the 1790s in your previous post. You make a lot of demands and point fingers at people around you for the problems in spite of the incredible progress that's been made.

Carl's gone. Pioli's here. Herm's gone. That's a HUGE step in the right direction. That's why masses of Chiefs fans are buying "True Fan" stock right now, because most of the things they think they need have been satisfied and realized by the owner Clark Hunt. They see a competant guy in Clark at the head, who has hired a brilliant mind to make important decisions like this.

If they hired Shanahan, I'd be shocked, but I wouldn't be disappointed. Keep in mind, he was a great, young, promising coordinator before becoming a coach, just like the kind of guy you want. I think his problems in Denver were due to him just overstaying his welcome. It happens to the best of coaches who have been in one place for awhile.

Also, keep in mind, the way this organization is going to be run from now on is by the head coach and the GM being in agreeance on the direction. I'd think Shanahan if hired would be alerted to Pioli's method, and not his usual way of drafting first round usts.

I'll concede that MS's multiple roles probably had a hand in the decline of his performance, just as it screwed KC via Carl.
But is he coming here because he really believes in this franchise and the talent, or is it just petty vindictiveness towards Bowlen?

I'm not trying to stir the shit here, I am genuinely worried about the future of this team.

This has all the potential of a "One step forward, two steps back" outcome.