ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, I just found out I'm going to be a dad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315704)

notorious 06-07-2018 09:54 AM

Prepare for the best thing that’s ever happened to you.

Exhibit patience when you want to hurry them.

Smile at them whenever you get mad.

They see things through a prism of innocence. Let them enjoy that for as long as possible

I realized something powerful when our first daughter started to mimic me: You aren’t only raising just this child, but your grandchildren and great grandchildren. Your children will raise their kids with what they’ve observed from you.

Rain Man 06-07-2018 09:56 AM

Congratulations! I hope you've learned enough from this site that you'll send the kid to long snapping camp every year and invest all you can in developing his (or her) long snapping skills.

KS Smitty 06-07-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13584987)
The number of women who live with their boyfriend/baby daddy and who DONT want marriage is approximately zero.

I'm not sure where you get that, I personally know a number of women who are quite content not being married to their baby daddy.

Bewbies 06-07-2018 10:00 AM

I've experienced nothing in life that's as good as being a dad. My daughter absolutely makes my life the best it's ever been.

Being a parent is also the hardest thing you've ever done, and the most rewarding. Enjoy, and congrats!!

Oh yeah, prepare yourself now to realize you don't know shit. And all parents are making it up on the fly. Sooner you figure that out the sooner you're going to realize you're not as bad at being dad as you think you are sometimes.

vailpass 06-07-2018 10:07 AM

I know you love her but you have to be smart about these things.
First thing you do is get a maternity test, make sure it's hers.

oldman 06-07-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13585007)
Congratulations! I hope you've learned enough from this site that you'll send the kid to long snapping camp every year and invest all you can in developing his (or her) long snapping skills.

ROFLROFLROFL Leave it to Rainman to offer the most practical advice so far.

One other thing I forgot to mention. If things get sideways with your wife, never, ever bad-mouth her in front of your kids. She is their mother and they love her.

Prison Bitch 06-07-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 13585013)
I'm not sure where you get that, I personally know a number of women who are quite content not being married to their baby daddy.

That could be. I might live in a higher SES neighborhood than you.

luv 06-07-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13585037)
That could be. I might live in a higher SES neighborhood than you.

People who feel the need to point out that they're "better" than others only do so for their own edification.

Perhaps you have some advice for the dad-to-be?

The Franchise 06-07-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13584606)
Congrats. Don’t listen to Prison Bitch. That’s my advice.

Luv....take my above advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13585058)
People who feel the need to point out that they're "better" than others only do so for their own edification.

Perhaps you have some advice for the dad-to-be?

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-07-2018 10:37 AM

Congratulations, man!

Why Not? 06-07-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13585002)

Smile at them whenever you get mad.

This is sound advice that I need to remember

SAUTO 06-07-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13584615)
Congrats man. Kids are amazing.

Thing is every kid is different. Like WAAAAY different. You just have to work to solve the puzzle.

this is all very true, and i should know. mine are 21, 17, 13, and 5

Strongside 06-07-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13585089)

This man ****s.

BigBeauford 06-07-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13585089)

Haha

"Study the above numbers, and find which is different than the others."

noa 06-07-2018 11:35 AM

Congratulations. It's the best every step of the way. Kids force you to be present and put your own bs aside, so even if you had a crappy day, you have to come home an be with your kid and not dump any of your crap on him/her. That can be a great relief. Watching them grow and learn and take on new stuff like reading, riding bikes, or swimming is just incredible and will make you more proud than anything. Just make sure you do your fair share around the house too because no matter how hard you work, your wife is going to be working even harder, so don't make her feel like she's in it alone. Enjoy.