ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is it time to replace Arrowhead with a dome? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279866)

Gonzo 12-23-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10305743)
It's called a dominating defense. We need one.

This...
7 games ago Arrowhead was nearly impossible for other teams on offense. Now? Same shit, different day.
A dome wouldn't have made much of a difference yesterday unless KC paid for it to be over the roads leading in as well. I checked 411.org yesterday morning at 0600 and the roads were in shit shape. If they'd have been halfway decent, I would've braved the drive down from Omaha.

007 12-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10305200)
Honestly, I'm convinced domes actually have an adverse effect on teams' performances in outdoor stadiums and in bad weather. Teams just get too used to perfect conditions at home that they forget how to grind out a game when natural conditions are working against them. So no, Arrowhead is fine the way it is.

Tell that to the Colts.

Lex Luthor 12-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10305202)
I'm semi-serious.

Would you rather be cold and miserable, or warm and miserable?

Sounds like a great idea, as long as you have an extra $800 Billion lying around that could be used for this, since the taxpayers are still paying for the renovations that were done just a few years ago.

007 12-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10305606)
Get bent, wtf.

The crowd was taken out of the game yesterday by the shitty play, coaching, and officiating.

The crowd showed up, the team did not.

Domes are for pussies.

THIS. That was the first time in quite a while that I was so damn frustrated with the team that I just became apathetic and half assed my yelling.

Why give 110% to a team that was only giving 60%?

HemiEd 12-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10305742)
Arrowhead was supposed to have a "rolling roof" when Jackson County taxpayers agreed to build the Sports Complex in the late 1960's. It was a big selling point that helped carry the original vote. Construction strikes and cost over runs made them whack the roof. Then when the renovation talks came around, the politicos actually put two different measures on the Jackson County ballot. One was for the renovation of Arrowhead and Kauffman Stadium, which passed, and the second measure was to build a roof over Arrowhead, which failed.

I voted for the renovation and against the roof. On the roof, I wanted the Chiefs to have a natural winter advantage over the Raiders and Chargers. Making California teams play in cold weather is usually an advantage. Secondly, if the Chiefs wanted a roof that badly, the Hunt family has the money to pay for it themselves. The money the Hunts put into the renovation all went to luxury suites and rich **** amenities. Didn't affect the average joe fan at all.

Yeah, and which Super Bowl was promised if they approved the rolling roof for the renovations? The one coming up that ended up in NY?

007 12-23-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10305838)
Yeah, and which Super Bowl was promised if they approved the rolling roof for the renovations? The one coming up that ended up in NY?

and obviously the fans didn't give two shits about getting that superbowl here. If the Hunts want that damn rolling roof so badly, they can pay for it themselves. Its complete bullshit expecting fans to cover all their costs. I can't stand Jerry Jones but at least he paid for his shit. Fans get to repay him for it with $15 per slice pizza. LMAO

dirk digler 12-23-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10305649)
20 years ago, I would considered (and did) go to those freezing ass games. Now I am older and wiser. Sitting outside in that freezing weather to watch a sporting event doesn't sound like much fun to me. Especially when you can stay at home, watch multiple games and NFL red zone in the comfort of your own home.

Going to games is fun, but you are totally in the dark as to what is going on around the NFL during that game. TV is killing the stadium experience.

Yep. I could have gone yesterday with free tickets but I said **** that. I have gone to multiple cold Chiefs game, the coldest being the 95 playoff game. Never again.

The final nail to the stadium experience will be the end of blackout rules that are coming

OnTheWarpath15 12-23-2013 10:44 AM

This thread idea is almost as dumb as the one that suggests we should trade Bowe.

KCBOSS1 12-23-2013 10:48 AM

I still think the transferrable roof was a great idea. it would be the porta-dome.

Deberg_1990 12-23-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10305882)

The final nail to the stadium experience will be the end of blackout rules that are coming

They are?

dirk digler 12-23-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10305890)
They are?

Yep.

Quote:

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...-blackout-rule

The Federal Communications Commission voted unanimously Wednesday to consider a proposal that would end blackout rules for televised sporting events.

The rules, first adopted in 1975, prohibit cable and satellite TV providers from offering a sports event if the game is blacked out on local broadcast television stations.

Dropping the rules would have the biggest impact on the NFL, which requires broadcasters to black out games if the local team does not sell out the stadium. The rules were originally intended to encourage fans to buy tickets to see the game live.

The FCC said it will review public comments before making a final decision on the regulations.

"Changes in the sports industry in the last four decades have called into question whether the sports blackout rules remain necessary to ensure the overall availability of sports programming to the general public," the commission wrote in the notice of proposed rule-making, which was approved Wednesday.

"In this proceeding, we will determine whether the sports blackout rules have become outdated due to marketplace changes since their adoption, and whether modification or elimination of those rules is appropriate."

Even if the FCC repeals its rules, it might not end sports blackouts altogether. Leagues, TV broadcasters and cable providers could still agree to contracts restricting access to games.

BlackHelicopters 12-23-2013 10:55 AM

Wait. What?

007 12-23-2013 11:05 AM

ending the blackout rules will never happen. This is the NFL. LMAO

Dayze 12-23-2013 11:07 AM

uh oh.

BlackHelicopters 12-23-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10305664)
yesterday, I sat and watched the Denver/Houston on a 32 inch TV, had the Red Zone on a 37 and the chief's game on a 42 all in HD...

Plus it was 70 degrees and the beer/restroom was just a few feet away...

Hard to give that up to sit in 20 degree temps with Ice...

The beer/ restroom proximity alone is enough to stay home.