ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs For anyone thats interested; Lin on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320179)

bobbything 01-08-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14017598)
I feel bad for the guy. Says Marty never talked to him again after the game. Another former player brought up the fact that they were the number 1 rushing offense and said they practiced 3.5 hours a day running the ball and then Marty changes up the game plan. ****ing Steve Bono was 11/25 122yds 1 td 3 int.

Its a God damn travesty that Marty kept trotting Bono's worthless ass out there over Gannon. Im sure if Gannon would have started then we would have won. So while some blame falls on Elliott, for missing the kicks, Marty and Bono deserve an equal share of the blame. Hell no ome ever blames them. Its always Elliotts fault.

That former player was Grunhard. I remember, right before we played the Colts in 2003, they had him on the radio and he was still livid about the game plan. However, it's not like they had Bono drop back 45 times and sling it all over the yard. He had 25 attempts. He was at his worst in the 4th quarter, throwing two picks, then he got yanked. That said, the defense played lights out and kept getting the ball back. The offense managed to move into FG position (39 and 42) twice in the 4th quarter. Your kicker HAS to make those.

Everyone had a hand in this. Bono tossing three picks. Elliot missing three FGs. Dawson dropping a sure fire, game-winning TD. This was probably the Chiefs' worst game of the year, offensively, and they still should have won.

I'm still devastated over this game. I remember watching thinking that if they could just get by the Colts, they would have gone to the SB. That defense was incredible.

FloridaMan88 01-08-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14017598)
I feel bad for the guy. Says Marty never talked to him again after the game. Another former player brought up the fact that they were the number 1 rushing offense and said they practiced 3.5 hours a day running the ball and then Marty changes up the game plan. Steve Bono was 11/25 122yds 1 td 3 int.

Its a God damn travesty that Marty kept trotting Bono's worthless ass out there over Gannon. Im sure if Gannon would have started then we would have won. So while some blame falls on Elliott, for missing the kicks, Marty and Bono deserve an equal share of the blame. Hell no ome ever blames them. Its always Elliotts fault.

I VOTE TO ALLOW LIN. ELLIOTT. TO BE POSTED ON HERE!

True Marty/Paul Hackett's play calling was to blame as was Steve Bono's horrific play... but ultimately when you lose a game 10-7 and your kicker misses THREE FG's that an NFL-caliber kicker should make, the primary blame should be directed at the kicker.

Rain Man 01-08-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14017712)
True Marty/Paul Hackett's play calling was to blame as was Steve Bono's horrific play... but ultimately when you lose a game 10-7 and your kicker misses THREE FG's that an NFL-caliber kicker should make, the primary blame should be directed at the kicker.

I blame Paul Hackett. He was constantly surrendering drives during his tenure here. He invented the concept of throwing to 3 yard routes on third and 8. That game plan was his and it doomed us to lose.

But no more. We have a franchise quarterback and we shall never surrender a drive again.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 10:25 AM

2nd and 10? Draw.

3rd and 8? Screen

Marty and Hackett were devout cowards.

Alas, his their progeny are still able to find NFL work.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14017732)
2nd and 10? Draw.

3rd and 8? Screen

Marty and Hackett were devout cowards.

Alas, his their progeny are still able to find NFL work.

:clap::clap::clap:

WhawhaWhat 01-08-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14017721)
I blame Paul Hackett. He was constantly surrendering drives during his tenure here. He invented the concept of throwing to 3 yard routes on third and 8. That game plan was his and it doomed us to lose.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rYQkvvI7yIGsM/giphy.gif

Mecca 01-08-2019 10:40 AM

For every player like Grunhard who was pissed at the gameplan and had some intelligence about it...you had Derrick Thomas who had to be physically restrained from murdering the kicker in the locker room.

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14017712)

Nope. Should be at the HC for putting his team in position to rely on a kicker in that weather.

Reerun_KC 01-08-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14017791)
For every player like Grunhard who was pissed at the gameplan and had some intelligence about it...you had Derrick Thomas who had to be physically restrained from murdering the kicker in the locker room.

Thomas wasn’t overly smart.

He should of made plays in that game. He was pretty invisible

patteeu 01-08-2019 11:19 AM

Too many people looking back. We're different now with Patrick Mahomes. We're everything they wish they could be. Let go of your anxiety.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rLJo-UozC4w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiliConCarnage 01-08-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 14017692)
That former player was Grunhard.was incredible.

It was a snippet from an interview they did with Mark Collins a few months back.
He was pissed about the gameplan but also said it was the hardest week of practice they had all year. Said he'd won two rings with Parcells and he was a hard ass too but he backed off the practices in that situation didn't amp them up.

Red Beans 01-08-2019 11:45 AM

There's only one Len in Chiefs history as far as I'm concerned. He spells his name with an "e". This ain't him...

Dartgod 01-08-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14017480)
Blessed is he, who in the name of coaches, players & fans, shepherds the Chiefs through the valley of Arrowhead, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost franchises. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those Colts or former kickers who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers' path to a Super Bowl Victory.

I'm stealing this for my sig.

kysirsoze 01-08-2019 01:06 PM

If Elliott was great all year and just choked, it would be one thing. He was bad all year and nothing was done to address it. Marty played the kind of football that needed a reliable kicker and Carl failed to provide it. There were many issues in that game but even from a kicking perspective I don't blame Elliott. If an NFL team wanted to pay me big bucks to miss field goals, I'd take it in a heart beat. Blame the people who put a bad kicker in a position to lose the game for us. I mean, Christ. It's not like he missed them on purpose.

ptlyon 01-08-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14018120)
If Elliott was great all year and just choked, it would be one thing. He was bad all year and nothing was done to address it. Marty played the kind of football that needed a reliable kicker and Carl failed to provide it. There were many issues in that game but even from a kicking perspective I don't blame Elliott. If an NFL team wanted to pay me big bucks to miss field goals, I'd take it in a heart beat. Blame the people who put a bad kicker in a position to lose the game for us. I mean, Christ. It's not like he missed them on purpose.

You sure about that, comrade?