ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The big epiphany for me regarding this weekend's game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320463)

Aspengc8 01-15-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041301)
I'm so happy with how this season has turned out for the Chiefs, I don't even care about that.

I mean, if the Pats win, that's another Sunday afternoon I have free. I don't have to watch the Super Bowl.

A lot to be excited about next year as well. Promising young talent on both sides of the ball. Houston will restructure to free up some money. Berry will restructure & have the bone spur shaved down. Sorensen will get cut to free up a chunk of change. Ford will be back (tag or use money from Berry-Houston restructure). A lot to be excited about looking forward.

BIG_DADDY 01-15-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14041028)
I had an epiphany this weekend too.

My son is barely starting to get into sports. He asked me, "Hey dad, who won the game?"

Me: "The Chiefs"

Him: "Let's GO!"

And it struck me. My son will get to grow up a Chiefs fan w/o ever having to know the misery of decades past. Pat Mahomes won't be retiring until my son is in his late 20's/early 30's.

So weird, same thing happened to me.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-15-2019 02:01 PM

Veach even said that at the beginning of the year he’d thought it wouldn’t be a Super Bowl team, however Mahomes has proven him wrong

Frazod 01-15-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14041203)
Yep. I was a wreck all last week, but am feeling pretty damn good right now!

I was a basketcase. I'd say the ratio between dreading acceptance of impending doom, grim determination that things would finally change, and actual happiness was about 80/19/1. Hell, I left work early on Friday because I was freaking out. And there was a thread about it, too - I certainly wasn't the only one. People must have thought I was an idiot for carrying on like that.

And now, it's just..... gone. How liberating.

1960Pats 01-15-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14040907)
This has been a great year to be a Chiefs fan. I think Chiefs fans are better equipped to deal with disappointment better than anybody else, so if we win it's just icing on the cake. I honestly believe that we are going to win though.

But...If we don't win...I'm not even going to watch the Patriots in another Super Bowl, what's the point? Sick of that team and their smug fans.

I can tell you for sure that most Pats fans are not smug. We know how lucky we are.

Chiefshrink 01-15-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041042)
1. I'm not a champion. I don't play for the Chiefs. NOTHING I do (short of screaming my freaking lungs out at the game on Sunday) will affect the outcome of the game.

2. I have ZERO anxiety. None. Zilch. I'm not concerned AT ALL.

3. For the 4th or 5th time today, they're going to win on Sunday.

Nothing personal here my friend, but I'm with eDave that you are emotionally hedging your bet here with your epiphany as I read between the lines.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14041451)
Nothing personal here my friend, but I'm with eDave that you are emotionally hedging your bet here with your epiphany as I read between the lines.

Nothing personal here my friend, but you're wrong.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2019 02:40 PM

Even if we lose this game, at the end I will stare into the night, sigh deeply and mutter to myself quietly like Col. Kilgore in Apocalypse Now.

"Someday this war's gonna end."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mTLqp-KKuo4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzzer99 01-15-2019 03:01 PM

I'm still upset about Kimble Anders turning an easy TD into an INT before halftime at Buffalo. We could have gone in down 7 with momentum.

At least once a month I fantasize about Salvy hitting a 2-run dinger to win the 2014 WS.

Pretty sure I'll be upset if we lose this.

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14041372)
I was a basketcase. I'd say the ratio between dreading acceptance of impending doom, grim determination that things would finally change, and actual happiness was about 80/19/1. Hell, I left work early on Friday because I was freaking out. And there was a thread about it, too - I certainly wasn't the only one. People must have thought I was an idiot for carrying on like that.

And now, it's just..... gone. How liberating.

Yep. My wife thought I was ****ing nuts, and she knows how passionately I follow the Chiefs...she tried to tell me it was a just a game...that conversation did not go well.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14041563)
I'm still upset about Kimble Anders turning an easy TD into an INT before halftime at Buffalo. We could have gone in down 7 with momentum.

At least once a month I fantasize about Salvy hitting a 2-run dinger to win the 2014 WS.

Pretty sure I'll be upset if we lose this.

I will be upset. It's a GOLDEN opportunity. But by Monday, I'll be over it.

When the Chiefs lost in 2003 for example, I was legitimately depressed for a couple of weeks.

suzzer99 01-15-2019 03:34 PM

It's not easy to get HFA in the NFL. You have to take advantage when you get the golden opportunity.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041583)
I will be upset. It's a GOLDEN opportunity. But by Monday, I'll be over it.

When the Chiefs lost in 2003 for example, I was legitimately depressed for a couple of weeks.

I'm not gonna be upset.

I'm gonna freeze Mahomes in carbonite.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-15-2019 03:58 PM

Stick the Big Dick Mahomet up the little Patriots' ass like Brady shoving his tongue down the throat of his son.

Chief Pagan 01-15-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1960Pats (Post 14041373)
I can tell you for sure that most Pats fans are not smug. We know how lucky we are.

And I can tell you that most people who say they know how lucky they are, still don't really appreciate it until their luck changes.

But its still worth trying to keep some perspective.