ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So where are the Locker fans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233183)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989368)
Mallett is raw as ****, but he has all the necessary physical tools.

He needs to show more polished footwork this season, though.

He wouldn't get away with it in the NFL, but that "behind the back"-fake he did was pretty ****ing sweet, I must say.

keg in kc 09-09-2010 04:56 PM

I think Mallett's draft position is ultimately going to come down to his play against LSU and Alabama. Much like last year I think he'll wipe out the rest of the schedule. Interested to see if he's able to step it up against the elite. Think Arkansas as a whole is a better team, so he should.

I think he'll end up being the best QB of the bunch if he lands in the right situation.

beer bacon 09-09-2010 05:02 PM

Gabbert is accurate, has a strong arm, and he is mobile. His biggest weakness is pocket presence. He depends on his mobility too much. Instead of stepping up into the pocket when he feels pressure from the outside, he is quick to scramble. He has made some big plays on these scrambles, but he would be better served to step up into the pocket and continue through his reads. At least that is my amateur fan opinion.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 6989382)
Gabbert is accurate, has a strong arm, and he is mobile. His biggest weakness is pocket presence. He depends on his mobility too much. Instead of stepping up into the pocket when he feels pressure from the outside, he is quick to scramble. He has made some big plays on these scrambles, but he would be better served to step up into the pocket and continue through his reads. At least that is my amateur fan opinion.

Has he always been like that or was it because of the ankle injury?

DeezNutz 09-09-2010 05:27 PM

I completely disagree with the lack of pocket awareness. Completely.

Sam Hall 09-09-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6989309)
Uh, I didn't compare him to your current QB. I compared him to every single one that's ever wore your uniform. And I watched the whole game. The playcalling sucked and Locker doesn't call the plays. I've seen 10 times more of him than you have, so I'm well aware of his capabilities. I also was the one saying he wasn't accurate enough after his sophomore year, and the one that said it improved overnight into his junior year. Believe it or don't. You'll see for yourself over the next half decade and beyond.

Comparing Locker to any Husker quarterback is just ridiculous. Nebraska isn't exactly known for its pro-style quarterbacks. We'll see about Locker's draft stock after he faces the Pelinis.

Titty Meat 09-09-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 6989438)
Comparing Locker to any Husker quarterback is just ridiculous. Nebraska isn't exactly known for its pro-style quarterbacks. We'll see about Locker's draft stock after he faces the Pelinis.

We'll beat them by 14+. And if Callahan was still here Gabbert would be the QB.

googlegoogle 09-09-2010 06:02 PM

Stanford qb?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-09-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 6989552)
Stanford qb?

Luck, yes.

go bo 09-09-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989159)
Does his performance vs BYU change your mind? To me theres no doubt he's a Cassel clown.

i don't know...

do you know of anybody with a fan in their locker?

pretty ritzy if you ask me...

beer bacon 09-09-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6989409)
Has he always been like that or was it because of the ankle injury?

It seems to me that he has always been like that since he became MU's starter. I know other MU fans have conjectured that he only started it after he got hurt last season. His high school teams were never very good, so I wonder if he was running for his life a lot before he got to MU.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-09-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989421)
I completely disagree with the lack of pocket awareness. Completely.

Agreed. Aside from one play against Illinois, he shows tremendous poise. He's also not afraid to take one in the mouth. The dude is a tough sonofabitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-09-2010 07:18 PM

To me, Gabbert and Mallett have the same ceiling, while Gabbert has a much higher floor.

Jewish Rabbi 09-09-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6989853)
Agreed. Aside from one play against Illinois, he shows tremendous poise. He's also not afraid to take one in the mouth. The dude is a tough sonofabitch.

In the Illinois game he didn't show much poise. Way too quick to scramble.

Frankie 09-09-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6989368)
Mallett is raw as ****, but he has all the necessary physical tools.

He needs to show more polished footwork this season, though.

Not too much polish. Just enough to be available when its our turn to draft. Mallet is my early favorite based on, admittedly, not much but his physical attributes. I reserve the right to change my mind as the season goes on.