ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Steve Johnson (Bills Receiver) Blames God for Dropped TD... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237498)

Rausch 11-29-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 7210068)
Who does he blame for his 1980s rap video haircut? The 89 Pistons called and said your haircut is tacky.

Once again: proof for teh DEBIL!1!

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2010 01:53 PM

God likes Football. It just so happens that he switched from the Broncos when Elway left to the steelers.

JD10367 11-29-2010 01:53 PM

The nice thing about faith is that it's like talking about another dimension. None of us know a damn thing so everyone's opinion is valid. I'm not overly religious, so I don't know if there is a God or not and, honestly, I don't care too much 'cause, one way or another, I'm gonna find out just like everyone else. But, if there is a God, I'm pretty sure He doesn't really intervene in football games or in much else on Earth; I see it more of a "he set up the ant farm and what the ants do is their own problem" kinda thing.

But I'll mention there was a "House" episode last week involving faith, and House had a good quote about how he stopped believing in God when his "curly hairs grew in", LOL. (He also had another great one-liner with Cuddy, his g/f-boss, who is giving him the cold shoulder, when he said, "What do you have against chickens? One got choked last night because of you.") :D

Rausch 11-29-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7210093)
God likes Football..

Boom.

New sig...

Norman Einstein 11-29-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 7210023)
Lighten up, Francis. You are a sanctimonious douche waffle and belong in the DC romper room with this holier than thou crapola.

You have no idea what my religious beliefs are, because if I WERE to debate religion, it would be in THE DC SECTION....where it belongs.

Be off with you. Don't make me taunt you again.

Go argue with these guys:

What a sad thing for you to be the way you are. The good news is that Jesus Loves YOU whether you love him or not.

I'm not holier than anyone, I do however believe that Christ is my salvation and yours. If I were perfect would I be here?

Norman Einstein 11-29-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 7210074)
I have.But their faith is none of my bid'ness.

"Why did the acorn fall on THAT squirrel right when we were there!?!?! OMG!?!!"

What happened, happened.

How you feel about it is up to you...

Link?

Rausch 11-29-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7210103)
Link?

Pretty much every other press conference Kurt Warner ever had.

Oh, and the good gentleman now playing b/u for the Donks...

gblowfish 11-29-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7210102)
What a sad thing for you to be the way you are. The good news is that Jesus Loves YOU whether you love him or not.

I'm not holier than anyone, I do however believe that Christ is my salvation and yours. If I were perfect would I be here?

I'll let Bill Hicks comment for me (NSFW...naughty language):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fv49_YZUt3k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fv49_YZUt3k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PunkinDrublic 11-29-2010 02:02 PM

I wish I could reach through my monitor and squirt AIDS on all you people who act like you're offended at something said on the internet.

jspchief 11-29-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7210102)

Condescending comments like that are great fuel for anti-religion people.

You say things like "live and let live", then you follow them up with patronizing comments like that.

tooge 11-29-2010 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
steven johnson syndrome (this is a real syndrome). explains alot.

Chiefs Rool 11-29-2010 02:09 PM

well they thank God anytime something good happens, so why shouldn't it go both ways?

j/k

bowener 11-29-2010 02:11 PM

FINALLY!!!!

Finally somebody makes sense. If you praise God for all the blessings you have in a game, then you should praise God for all the bad shit too. I mean if you are going to ignore the fact that you did all the hard work and preparation to get into the NFL and give God credit for that, you might as well give blame when shit doesn't go the way you want.

suds79 11-29-2010 02:17 PM

I just think the whole focal point for this topic and/or athletes is off base.

Ex:

"I'd like to to thank God for giving me my abilities. etc..." We've heard it time & time again.

And now Steve Johnson going to the opposite.

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO.."

So much focus on us and what's going on in our lives. The Good, The Bad. Etc.

Perhaps Steve wrote this when he was angry so it's not entirely how he feels but I think he could use some perspective.

It's not about you or me. It's about Jesus. As God he didn't have to come into this world and pay for our many sins but he did. Why? Simply because he loves us.

Pitt Gorilla 11-29-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 7210154)
I just think the whole focal point for this topic and/or athletes is off base.

Ex:

"I'd like to to thank God for giving me my abilities. etc..." We've heard it time & time again.

And now Steve Johnson going to the opposite.

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO.."

So much focus on us and what's going on in our lives. The Good, The Bad. Etc.

Perhaps Steve wrote this when he was angry so it's not entirely how he feels but I think he could use some perspective.

It's not about you or me. It's about Jesus. As God he didn't have to come into this world and pay for our many sins but he did. Why? Simply because he loves us.

Serious question: Who was he paying for our sins?