ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Best Football Hit You’ll See This Week: Pussy Kid Edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252273)

Reerun_KC 11-08-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8090066)

The pussification of America continues. My freshman coach did the exact same thing to us on occasion, and didn't even bother putting on a helmet. The time I tackled him (more like stood him up) he walked away with a huge gash on the side of his head where my facemask rode up after the collision.

This ****ing kid is bigger than the coach and is wearing pads, FFS.

Your badassery knows no bounds...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-08-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 8091384)
The coach decided to tackle kids and he broke a kids collar bone. You've got to be a ****ing idiot not to see a problem with that.
I guarantee I could break a 12 year old kids bones with every single tackle if I wanted, and if I did it would be my fault.

:spock: Try watching the video first sport. He didn't "tackle" anyone. It was a "fun" drill and "Lil Jimmy" got hurt due to poor tackling form.

aturnis 11-08-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movinbones (Post 8091321)
I coach little league wrestling and last year one of our coaches broke a 12 yo's arm.

The coach weighs about 240 and he was demonstrating a move and rolled up on the kids arm... needless to say the parents were not very happy and tried making a big deal out of it.

As they should have. If he broke the kids arm, he probably went full speed. Not only is it smarter to go half or quarter speed, but more beneficial as well.

aturnis 11-08-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8091436)
:spock: Try watching the video first sport. He didn't "tackle" anyone. It was a "fun" drill and "Lil Jimmy" got hurt due to poor tackling form.

Dude threw a shoulder with a 10yd head of steam. It was well more than was necessary to get any kind of point across.

aturnis 11-08-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8091431)
Your badassery knows no bounds...

ROFL I know right...

KCUnited 11-08-2011 09:11 AM

Slowing the video down and syncing it up to Springsteen's Glory Days puts it in more perspective.

ThaVirus 11-08-2011 09:13 AM

I played back in high school and never had our coaches jump in on full contact drills. Not to say it doesn't happen, but that's just about what you'd expect these days. That kind of thing just doesn't fly anymore.. Looking at the video, they should have had big boy that was last in line, first in line. Hindsight..

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 09:18 AM

So a short fat ass adult coach gets a fulls head of steam and plows over a stationary 13 year old kid thus causing an broken collar bone. Yeah, no liablity there :facepalm:

Sign that guy up for a Darwin.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-08-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8091443)
Dude threw a shoulder with a 10yd head of steam. It was well more than was necessary to get any kind of point across.

I'm sure the guy will get fired for it, but it wasn't a malicious thing he did. I do agree that you can't do things like that anymore. "Back in the day" sure, but now it is asking for trouble.

stevieray 11-08-2011 09:20 AM

...anyone here want to don pads and try to tackle ...say Steven Jackson?

no?

...pussies.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8091465)
I'm sure the guy will get fired for it, but it wasn't a malicious thing he did. I do agree that you can't do things like that anymore. "Back in the day" sure, but now it is asking for trouble.

It wasn't malicious, just moronic.

HemiEd 11-08-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8090784)
Hindsight is always 20/20. But, I call again on this question; do you think it was malicious or even a lapse in judgement on the part of the coach?

No, not at all.

The kid took the blow high, instead of delivering it himself low, like he had probably been told numerous times.

The Dad should back the coach up, tell the kid to "buck up" or he is going to be father of an X box wimp.

jidar 11-08-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8091392)
The coach didn't tackle anyone. Feel free to watch the video before forming baseless opinions.

I just did. He ran at the kid and lowered his shoulder on him. How is that not dumb for a grown man to do that? Are you telling me you guys couldn't seriously injure 13 year olds doing that? Who are the real pussies here?

KCUnited 11-08-2011 09:27 AM

Teaching my boy to play guitar, had to bite the head off of his sisters kitten cuz he wasn't playing fast enough. I'm in the dog house with the wife, but this kid is going to shred.

jidar 11-08-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8091436)

Look my son is 14 years old and a starting DT and G on the JV team.
He's 5'10" weighs 210 lbs, has been hitting the weights since he was in 7th grade, and every day I'm more impressed with how strong he's getting.
The other day he came home and bragged to me how he was one of only 3 kids on the JV squad who could bench 175lbs.

175lb max bench is pud, but I'm not going to tell my boy that of course, I'm proud of where he is because god knows I couldn't put up 175lbs at 14. That just serves to illustrate the point though , he's big and he's heavy but he's still a kid and he has a kids soft muscle mass and undeveloped body.

Now you idiots thinking these kids are adults because they look like it from the outside I can understand, but I'd be damned pissed if my coach did that and broke my kids bones because he works with kids and he should god damned know better.