ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jovan Belcher was one sick son of B**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267352)

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9179075)
That's not true, unfortunately:

Bam Morris
Tamarick Vanover
Warren Moon
Andre Rison
Jim Tryer
Larry Johnson

Yeah, and how long did they last here?

Point proven.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-04-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9179064)
Okay I may be speculating, but you are assuming a whole lot and honestly it isn't worth bickering over.

We weren't there and have no clue how it actually went down and never really will no matter what comes out. Everything else is speculating in all reality.

Would you go out and talk to a Co-worker that showed up to work holding a gun AFTER he confessed to murder ?

-King- 12-04-2012 02:16 AM

Wait, how can you call it a crime of passion and then in the next post say "he wanted her dead to such a large degree..."

KCWolfman 12-04-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9179076)

Point proven.

Really? Warren Moon was brought in AFTER he admitted to domestic violence. Larry Johnson was charged and found guilty his first year here.

What point are you trying to prove?

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9179066)
I'm not arguing any of that it was a crime of passion.

But to backtrack a bit, because it was a crime of passion, that means Pioli and Crennel should have known months ago Belcher would kill his girlfriend?

Is this really what you're suggesting?

If the Chiefs were aware of his alleged alcohol and drug abuse, while simultaneously advocating and aware of relationship counseling, I think they had to know that it was possible for this to end badly for both victims.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9179061)
We're talking about the most rich and powerful professional sports league there is.

And you don't think they control what gets out about their players?

They most certainly do.

With ESPN firmly in their pocket along with the rest. Broncos cheating the cap when they won their SB, didn't really ever hear much about that. With all the baseball steroid issues that made news, when it happened in the NFL it was a freaking blurb.

WV 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9179071)
You are assuming. I am not.

Pioli, Crennel and Gibbs were unafraid of a man holding a gun AFTER he confessed to murder.

That tells us that he wasn't on some muderous rampage. He wanted her dead to such a large degree that he didn't mind taking his own life as the endgame.

The dude was seriously jacked.

Got it Dr. Phil.

I'm not denying that he was jacked up, but to dissect the situation and act as though you know exactly what was going on is pretty presumptuous. I know there's no debating with you though....carry on.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9179078)
Wait, how can you call it a crime of passion and then in the next post say "he wanted her dead to such a large degree..."

He shoot her NINE TIMES that is a crime of passion.

-King- 12-04-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9179077)
Would you go out and talk to a Co-worker that showed up to work holding a gun AFTER he confessed to murder ?

Depends on the relationship I have with them. I have some good friends that I would try to talk out of killing themselves.

That's the same relationship that Pioli and Crennel had with Belcher. They were his family.

KCWolfman 12-04-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9179076)

Point proven.

In fact, Johnson was charged THREE times with domestic violence while he was in KC, and the first time he threatened a girlfriend with a gun, and continued to play for an additional 5 years here.

Vermeil AND the Chiefs unfortunately have a knack for supporting a legal travesty.

-King- 12-04-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9179080)
If the Chiefs were aware of his alleged alcohol and drug abuse, while simultaneously advocating and aware of relationship counseling, I think they had to know that it was possible for this to end badly for both victims.

Ending badly =/= murder suicide.

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9179079)
Really? Warren Moon was brought in AFTER he admitted to domestic violence. Larry Johnson was charged and found guilty his first year here.

What point are you trying to prove?

Warren Moon only played here two seasons as a backup and had 0 issues.

LJ was tolerated only because of his contract and because he was so good. He was dumped as soon as it was clear he was a shitty player in tandem with being a shitty person.

The Hunt family has never tolerated guys like Jovan Belcher.

Pioli being here changed that obviously.

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9179074)
Or maybe it's because he realized that he couldn't live with himself after what he had just done and that he'd be going away to jail for a long time anyway.

Just injecting a bit of logic in that world you live in.

The world I live in? I'm college educated. I dated a licensed medical social worker for years that dealt with similar trauma.

I'm not some teenager experiencing life throw the glass eyes lens for the first time. I'm 47 ****ing years old and have seen more shit firsthand in this regard than I hope you'll see in your lifetime.

WV 12-04-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9179077)

Do you think Pioli called them and said "Hey guys, come on out, Jevon's got a gun and wants to talk to you!"

Whatever...I'll leave all the details to the CP Shrinks.

-King- 12-04-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9179083)
He shoot her NINE TIMES that is a crime of passion.

No, I'm talking about the contradiction.

If you want someone dead to a large degree, you can't commit a crime of passion.