ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who is your #1 HC choice? Who would you be happy to have?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268268)

KCFaninSEA 12-31-2012 01:05 PM

As HC I would be happy with either Reid, Kelly or Cowher. I think a fresh start and new organization will do wonders to re energize Andy Reid.

mcaj22 12-31-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259325)
Just because Peyton Hillis was bad doesn't mean Jackie ****ing Battle was worth a shit in 2011.

And the Chiefs had won 5 games BEFORE they trotted out Orton.

You're arguing over wether or not Peyton Hillis is better than Jackie. They both sucked equally as hard and gave little contribution.

The difference between scrubs like Jackie Battle and Peyton Hillis, or McGraw vs Elam aren't enough to validate a 5 game swing.

but it doesnt matter that they didnt have Charles or a run game.

They had Bill ****ing Muir calling plays

and they had somewhat of a passing game. Steve Breaston caught 61 balls that year. Bowe caught 81.

That's enough of offensive output to win 7 games, with a defense led by Flowers, Carr, DJ, Hali having good years.

We didnt have a passing game this season, you can rush for 400 yards with Jamaal Charles and still lose. Daboll and Rac proved that. The talent was clearly better the prior year at the coaching and player evaluation level. Playing a guy like Steve Breaston over Jon Baldwin DOES IN FACT, HELP. Playing a guy like Wallace Gilberry over Allen Bailey DOES IN FACT HELP. Playing Jon McGraw over Abe Elam is a difference. Brandon Carr over Stanford Dishroutt and Jalil Brown

It's a massive drop off in talent, it's painfully obvious.

Psyko Tek 12-31-2012 01:12 PM

Chip?
I have a problem taking anybody named Chip, Chad, etc seriously

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9259355)
but it doesnt matter that they didnt have Charles or a run game.

They had Bill ****ing Muir calling plays

and they had somewhat of a passing game. Steve Breaston caught 61 balls that year. Bowe caught 81.

That's enough of offensive output to win 7 games, with a defense led by Flowers, Carr, DJ, Hali having good years.

We didnt have a passing game this season, you can rush for 400 yards with Jamaal Charles and still lose. Daboll and Rac proved that. The talent was clearly better the prior year at the coaching and player evaluation level. Playing a guy like Steve Breaston over Jon Baldwin DOES IN FACT, HELP. Playing a guy like Wallace Gilberry over Allen Bailey DOES IN FACT HELP. Playing Jon McGraw over Abe Elam is a difference. Brandon Carr over Stanford Dishroutt and Jalil Brown

It's a massive drop off in talent, it's painfully obvious.

Right.....uhm....so what exactly are we arguing about? We both agree that the coaches this year did a far worse job than last year, correct?

The drop off from Carr to Routt etc was substantial, but the rest of these scrubs? No effin' way. Gilberry had how many sacks last season? you think there is a substantial difference between Abe Elam and Jon McGraw? Wow...talk about debating over two equally shitty players.

And then you don't take into consideration where the Chiefs were arguably better at from a talent perspective, like the O-Line or TE position.

Yes, Crennel was an awful HC. No, i don't think the 2011 Chiefs were a more talented team than the 2012 version, especially after getting Berry and Charles back. Even Berry on a down year was better than the shit we had last season.

That falls on the coaching staff.

RaC is not a scapegoat. He deserved to be fired.

tyton75 12-31-2012 01:32 PM

Kelly, Gruden, Cowher (no way in hell we get Cowher), Andy Reid, Whisenhunt, McDaniels.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

Chip Kelly

MGRS13 12-31-2012 01:41 PM

1. Chip Kelly(Highest risk/reward)
2a. Jay Gruden(he will be a head coach next year and I think a good one)
2b. Ariens(however the hell you spell his name) Did a great job this year and deserves a shot at head coach.
3. Andy reid(If we get reid he has to come in a pacage deal with Geno smith. Smith would excell in Reids system IMO)

Stanley Nickels 12-31-2012 01:42 PM

*Puts on bulletproof helmet...*

Love Smith. I just think he's a very good coach who doesn't ever really have terrible seasons. He doesn't seem to meet expectations enough, but he's still a very smart, defensive-minded coach. Just make sure we get a competent OC

houstonwhodat 12-31-2012 01:43 PM

Gumby

cdcox 12-31-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9258944)
Belichick.

No retreads.

KCDC 12-31-2012 02:00 PM

Chip Kelly

Cmd'r&Chief 12-31-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9258925)
2. Anyone not from the Patriot Tree.

This

AirForceChief 12-31-2012 02:12 PM

Cower, L. Smith, Gruden.

Norv for O-Coord.

Simplicity 12-31-2012 02:18 PM

Cowher, Kelly, Reid, Lovie. In that order.

Cannibal 12-31-2012 02:41 PM

The more I hear/read of Chip Kelly, the more interested I get. It would be a bold move. I just hope a guy like that could command the respect of an entire NFL franchise. That's what this is going to take. He would have to show dramatic improvement right away, or the players would not buy into it.