ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs FCC Could Ban The Word "Redskins" From Radio & TV - Are The "Chiefs" Next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271923)

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9571526)
Chiefs were named after Roe Bartle, an obese and somewhat reeruned-looking white man, so I think we're good to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

See I didn't even know that.

The Chiefs have an arrowhead on their helmet. Their stadium in Arrowhead.

Neither one of those two refer to an obese reeruned looking white man.

Hey I think the Redskins, Chiefs, all of that are bad ass and they should leave it all alone.

To me the whole Indian theme refers to them being warriors, what else could it mean?

Does this mean that if my ancestor was Gen. Custer I should be offended?

They should just leave all this shit alone.

I'm surprised the NFL hasn't spoken up yet.

crossbow 04-09-2013 01:56 PM

I think all communication (verbal or written) in this country should be outlawed so there is no chance that anyone living here can get their feelings hurt. And I don't want to see any sign language either, it makes people that lack those skills feel left out.

Prison Bitch 04-09-2013 01:57 PM

WHEN will liberals stop annoying us all?

RealSNR 04-09-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9571545)
Well true but if someone where to name an NFL team 'The Slaves' would there be a racist outcry? That term has been around in one form or another since the birth of man. Probably the only term that's been in common use longer would be whore.

http://bramblitt.net/wp-content/uplo.../Mr.-Slave.jpg

ThatRaceCardGuy 04-09-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9571559)
WHEN will liberals stop annoying us all?

"Victim" ^^^^^^^

listopencil 04-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9571404)
If you're not Native American you should probably stop bitching crying and moaning (same thing you're complaining about) about a word which NativeAmericans find offensive. What's more important here? Your right to hear a word thats offensive to Native Americans or their right to end the use of a word that's offensive to them. Maybe if you took the time to research the history of the word and less time creating threads how YOU'RE OFFENDED BY NATIVE AMERICANS BEING OFFENDED..maybe you'll learn something.

My great grandmother was Melungeon. For those who are unaware, that would be primarily "African" with some "Native American" thrown in, mixed with central and northern European. Go ahead. Call me a redskin. Call me a cracker. Whatever. I'll laugh in your face. What offends me is the banning of particular words by the FCC. It's bullshit.

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9571576)
My great grandmother was Melungeon. For those who are unaware, that would be primarily "African" with some "Native American" thrown in, mixed with central and northern European. Go ahead. Call me a redskin. Call me a cracker. Whatever. I'll laugh in your face. What offends me is the banning of particular words by the FCC. It's bullshit.

Your grandma almost sounds "Creole". (Cajun/African/Etc)

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 02:05 PM

The people that complain about the term "Redskins" or "Chiefs" or "Indians" forget that is why people try to get into this country any way they can.

People want to come to America because you can say whatever you want and almost do it unless it's illegal.

If you dis the govt. in some countries you lose your freedom.

Leave America alone, it was fine the way it was.

Beef Supreme 04-09-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9571478)
You see, that would be allowed because it would only "offend" white people. And that is o.k.

It wouldn't offend me. Why people get their panties in a twist about a word is really beyond me. Call me white, cracker, honkie, redneck, whatever...I don't give a **** because they are just words that have no power over me.

Too much sand in vagina in this country.

DJJasonp 04-09-2013 02:06 PM

According to Wiki: 'Chief' is a title or rank and Arrowhead is an item used for hunting or building....and sure as hell pre-dates indians (as it dates back to stone ages).

I'm pretty sure chiefs will be ok. Now Warpaint.....that's a whole other story! :p

mr. tegu 04-09-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9571597)
The people that complain about the term "Redskins" or "Chiefs" or "Indians" forget that is why people try to get into this country any way they can.

People want to come to America because you can say whatever you want and almost do it unless it's illegal.

How would this post look in 1865?

listopencil 04-09-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9571588)
Your grandma almost sounds "Creole". (Cajun/African/Etc)

Some Melungeons were. It's a mixed bag.

ThatRaceCardGuy 04-09-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9571597)

You're acting like a victim. ..one could even say you're OFFENDED..by this.

Chiefspants 04-09-2013 02:09 PM

"Redskin" is the equivalent of the N word for many Native Americans. In all honesty, the name should be changed, it was also well known that Washington's owner was incredibly bigoted toward Native Americans when he decided on a name.

houstonwhodat 04-09-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9571606)
How would this post look in 1865?

You know what I mean.

Don't go overboard.