ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Ravens release Vontae Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273735)

O.city 06-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9753098)
Let's not act like their valuable resources or anything. A 6th round pick, a trade for Arenas or a signing this late isn't going to bring us a difference maker on the DL.

So can I use the "Player Z was drafted in round 6 and look at what he's done" the same we everyone does when someone talks about drafting a QB in round 1?

You never know. I'd rather use "invaluable resources" on positional acquisitions that if they do hit, will make a large impact.

Just because they aren't valuable resources doesn't mean they should be thrown away.

beach tribe 06-14-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9753103)
So can I use the "Player Z was drafted in round 6 and look at what he's done" the same we everyone does when someone talks about drafting a QB in round 1?

You never know. I'd rather use "invaluable resources" on positional acquisitions that if they do hit, will make a large impact.

Just because they aren't valuable resources doesn't mean they should be thrown away.

Acquiring Leach is the opposite of wasting resources.

Dante84 06-14-2013 11:43 PM

Any debate on this is dumb.

He is the best fullback in the league, and would make our running game top notch.

No way you can bitch about this move.

Coogs 06-15-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9753078)
This teams only chance at winning more than half it's games (which would be a tall order) is to field an elite running game and to give Alex Smith forever in the pocket.

Leach would help us do both of those things. I'd gladly flush the other investments we have made at FB to add an all pro guy.

If the version of the Chiefs West Coast offense takes on the look that the Houston Texans run, then Leach could be a valuable addition to our team.

Personally, I think the Texans model fits us damn near perfectly... maybe even more so that the Reid model he used in Philly. And I kind of get the feeling from things we have been reading that the Texans version may be a little closer to where we may be heading on offense than Reid's version. JMO

EDIT: Houston's 2012 version stats (7th overall, 8th scoring)...

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/htx/2012.htm

554 passes for an average of right at 35 throws a game.

508 runs for an average of right at 32 carries a game.

Eagle's 2012 version stats (15th overall, 29th scoring)...

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/phi/2012.htm

618 passes for an average of right at 39 throws a game

413 rushes for an average of right at 29 carries a game.

Rausch 06-15-2013 11:09 AM

Apparently Phat Andy and Dorsey feel the key to winning this season is the FB position so I say sign him and end this...

TEX 06-15-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9753478)
Apparently Phat Andy and Dorsey feel the key to winning this season is the FB position so I say sign him and end this...

This all day long. He can catch as well as block...

The Bad Guy 06-15-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9752956)
@espn_afcwest: Chiefs hold initial talks with Vonta Leach http://t.co/fHv3f8n9vw

ROFL

Oh, no, the horror of actually bringing in the best player at his position.

Or are you going to complain that we spent a 6th round pick on a fullback, or traded someone they were going to cut anyway?

The Bad Guy 06-15-2013 01:16 PM

If Andy Reid truly didn't utilize fullbacks in the way he does, I would say pass on Leach.

But the fullback is a part of this offense and why not have the best one?

mcaj22 06-15-2013 01:18 PM

I know its just the FB position but do you actually think that 5th round rookie or Anthony Sherman are going to actually block someone or be good in pass protection? or catch a football if needed? Those two are going to get blown up by every LBer in the league, so if we are going to be a running team cause of a noodle arm game manager QB, I'd rather have the toughest and best SOB blocking in front of Charles

-King- 06-15-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9753592)
Oh, no, the horror of actually bringing in the best player at his position.

Or are you going to complain that we spent a 6th round pick on a fullback, or traded someone they were going to cut anyway?

It doesn't matter if they were going to cut him anyways. If you're going to have a surplus of players, would you rather have it at CB or FB? And having a lot of CBs can come in very handy in case of injury. I'd rather have Arenas here over Sherman any day of the week.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy 06-15-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9753626)
It doesn't matter if they were going to cut him anyways. If you're going to have a surplus of players, would you rather have it at CB or FB? And having a lot of CBs can come in very handy in case of injury. I'd rather have Arenas here over Sherman any day of the week.
Posted via Mobile Device

Without knowing how Arenas was taking being demoted to basically a dime back, yes, I'd rather have a corner over a fullback.

However, he was not happy when they signed Robinson or Smith and basically told the team he didn't want to be there anymore according to what I heard.

So when the player doesn't want to be here, and there's virtually zero interest in his services around the league, you end up with that trash.

If Leach signs here, Sherman is obviously gone.

Sassy Squatch 06-15-2013 02:03 PM

He'll be a Dolphin or a Texan

mcaj22 06-15-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9753642)
Without knowing how Arenas was taking being demoted to basically a dime back, yes, I'd rather have a corner over a fullback.

However, he was not happy when they signed Robinson or Smith and basically told the team he didn't want to be there anymore according to what I heard.

So when the player doesn't want to be here, and there's virtually zero interest in his services around the league, you end up with that trash.

If Leach signs here, Sherman is obviously gone.

The Chiefs still dicked him over anyway, as the Cardinals have a deeper secondary than us. The 4th or 5th CB here hes now the 5th or 6th there with way better defensive backs on special teams than him there, where as he was the best one on the Chiefs, Arenas will be cut after TC I bet

Dave Lane 06-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9748055)
The fact that this team didn't participate in, or even compete for, a SB is not Tony Richardson's fault.

If this debate included a QB, and you had to choose between Leach and a QB, then your post would have merit.

Since, however, we are only discussing Leach, you are just a dumbass, posting dumbassery.

It's El Jefe. El Jefe in Spanish means the stupid one. That's my catch phrase.

He is an epic moran.

The Bad Guy 06-15-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9753646)
He'll be a Dolphin or a Texan

I just can't see why he'd go back to Houston. They have zero cap space, and already signed a pretty good fullback.

Miami maybe, but blocking for Lamar Miller with a junk O-line or blocking for Charles and a better oline?