ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith is "the best in the league" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274957)

Mav 07-31-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847833)
I'm not talking about running behind the line of scrimmage and passing. That's just a QB that's mobile and can extend plays. Rapist does that as well. The vast majority of their passes are from the pocket.

Well, then we need to clear up what we think is a pocket passer. You say pocket passer, I think Peyton, Tom Brady, matt schaub.

I think of Kaep, as more in line with Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Ben. I don't consider them pocket passers.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847831)
I don't know how alex smith got brought into this conversation. Im talking about Kaepernick. Alex Smith shouldn't be anywhere near that conversation. Keep him in the Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford end of the cess pool.

Because the ****ing article in the OP is about Alex Smith. I was referencing that article.

Jesus.

I stated Alex Smith lost his job after sitting one game to a gimmick QB(talented, albeit) and that wouldn't happen to the best QB in the league. As our reeruned OC stated. Then came the Kaep talk.

Feel free to go back and read our exchanges again if you like. They're all laid out and stuff.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9847830)

Love that dude, stoic as ****.

At least someone knew he was on tv.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847855)

Would have been a better .gif if he maniacally gunned down the group of Camaro drivin', Alex Smith masturbating, Right Tackle loving true fans in front of him.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847844)
Well, then we need to clear up what we think is a pocket passer. You say pocket passer, I think Peyton, Tom Brady, matt schaub.

I think of Kaep, as more in line with Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Ben. I don't consider them pocket passers.

Kaep and Russell Wilson are in the same ballpark along with Newton, Vick.

Rodgers is on his own planet with what he can do, most accurate passer in the league and has wheels, cannon arm. Unfair.

Big Ben and Schaub feel very similar to me.

Brady and Peyton are throwbacks to the past.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847850)
Because the ****ing article in the OP is about Alex Smith. I was referencing that article.

Jesus.

I stated Alex Smith lost his job after sitting one game to a gimmick QB(talented, albeit) and that wouldn't happen to the best QB in the league. As our reeruned OC stated. Then came the Kaep talk.

Feel free to go back and read our exchanges again if you like. They're all laid out and stuff.

Yes, but the point is, that Alex Smith losing his job to a guy he was going to lose his job to anyway, is nothing to be ashamed of when the guy is essentially one of the top 5 YOUNG qbs in football, and the coaches hand picked QB. Its not like at the time that Alex Smith got hurt, he was playing badly, in fact at the moment of getting hurt, he was playing the best football of ANYONE in the league. The stats back that up. His last 5 quarters of football the guy was 25-27, 4 tds, and no picks. Let that sink in for a second. Kaep, one, is that much better of a qb than Alex Smith, and two, he was Jims guy from the get go, even before he ever had talked to Alex Smith, his mind was made up on Kaep.......

This is a non issue.

FlaChief58 07-31-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847835)
Meh. I think Jamaal has more overall ability because of his ability to catch the ball. Adrian Peterson is probably the better runner, but as far as all around ability, I love Charles.

Give Charles the same amount of carries as AP and I believe Charles would come out on top.

ptlyon 07-31-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847855)

He knows shit when he is fed it

Mav 07-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847865)

Rodgers is on his own planet with what he can do, most accurate passer in the league and has wheels, cannon arm. Unfair.

Agreed. The way he uses his mobility to buy time, and then can literally make any throw on the field, is absolutely ridiculous. Love watching him play.

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847860)
Would have been a better .gif if he maniacally gunned down the group of Camaro drivin', Alex Smith masturbating, Right Tackle loving true fans in front of him.

I mean, Eric Fisher was going to be the pick. We couldn't really trade out of it, and this draft sucked ass anyway in terms of premium players (especially QB). This is exactly what that guy is thinking.

Pablo 07-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847865)

Rapist can extend plays with his feet and is impossible to bring down. I see him closer to Rodgers than Schaub in terms of how he plays. Although Rodgers is clearly a better QB; I'd be very, very content with the Rapist on the Chiefs.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847876)
I mean, Eric Fisher was going to be the pick. We couldn't really trade out of it, and this draft sucked ass anyway in terms of premium players (especially QB). This is exactly what that guy is thinking.

at least it wasn't joeckell.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9847878)
Rapist can extend plays with his feet and is impossible to bring down. I see him closer to Rodgers than Schaub in terms of how he plays. Although Rodgers is clearly a better QB; I'd be very, very content with the Rapist on the Chiefs.

just hide your women. ROFL

GordonGekko 07-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9847873)
Agreed. The way he uses his mobility to buy time, and then can literally make any throw on the field, is absolutely ridiculous. Love watching him play.

Same here.

Easily the best QB imo, he will probably get 2 more Superbowls before it is over for him.

Mav 07-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9847884)
Same here.

Easily the best QB imo, he will probably get 2 more Superbowls before it is over for him.

Depends. They have to run the ball more, and they have to sure up that defense. There is literally only so much he can do to over come all the defenses mistakes.....