ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jared Allen Possibly to the Donks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282104)

seaofred 03-11-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10479502)
I wish he's stayed a Chief.

Now I'm hoping he's NOT a Donkey.

If he stayed a Chief, we wouldn't have Charles..

Simply Red 03-11-2014 09:10 AM

Bowlen and Elway are closers - they'll get it done.

gblowfish 03-11-2014 09:13 AM

Run right at him.

Garcia Bronco 03-11-2014 09:17 AM

I just don't see him being an answer to any of the Donks issues.

Simply Red 03-11-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10479672)

The Reverse Mojo is strong in this one.

Mile High Mania 03-11-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10479672)

Same here... I see it being more $ and name hype than anything really.

Simply Red 03-11-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10479677)

The Reverse Mojo is strong in this one.

The Franchise 03-11-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10478907)
Von Miller, Delirium Tremens, Julius Thomas, and swaths of their defensive line will need new contracts coming up.

And they'll still be paying out the ass for old farts Manning and (potentially) Jared Allen.

The end is near. That team's gonna swirl down the ****ing toilet in about 2 seasons.

That's not even the greatest part.

Manning is going to totally **** them when it comes to their QB situation. They have no clue what they have in Osweiler. He's going to end up going through his first contract doing nothing. I hope Manning retires suddenly and leaves them with dick at that position.

Simply Red 03-11-2014 09:24 AM

Welcome to Denver Jared.

Garcia Bronco 03-11-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10479677)

6 years ago it would have been awesome, but now....ehh...whatever. the chiefs here think he's great...and he might still be....but Defensive end wasn't our issue in the Super Bowl. Our problem was a spiritual one.

Garcia Bronco 03-11-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10479694)
That's not even the greatest part.

Manning is going to totally **** them when it comes to their QB situation. They have no clue what they have in Osweiler. He's going to end up going through his first contract doing nothing. I hope Manning retires suddenly and leaves them with dick at that position.

BO has a cannon...in PS games you can see him directing the line. don't get me wrong...I'd trade the dude if the comp was right because as you say...he's spending his first contract on the bench...but he's going to have an excellent opp to make a nane for himself in the league.

kcchiefsus 03-11-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10479705)
BO has a cannon...in PS games you can see him directing the line. don't get me wrong...I'd trade the dude if the comp was right because as you say...he's spending his first contract on the bench...but he's going to have an excellent opp to make a nane for himself in the league.

Tyler Bray has a cannon too. That doesn't mean shit.

The Franchise 03-11-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

That might be true....but the Broncos are going to have to decide to re-up his deal before Manning is gone.....or let him walk and hope they find someone else. Osweiler might not sign a team friendly deal if he thinks he can start someplace else.

TEX 03-11-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

ALL BO has is a cannon. He's got nothing else. He's not accurate, he can't throw his receivers open, he has no touch, he has no pocket awareness, etc... He's just a tall guy with a big arm. No way he'll be the Broncos starter for very long after Manning. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. However, I do hope the Denver front office feels as you do.

GloryDayz 03-11-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10479481)
His skills certainly warranted a payday. His off-the-field behavior made that payday EXTREMELY risky.

Like I said, there's a lot to blame Carl for. The guy was a first class a-hole.

But Jared Allen's situation is 100% Jared Allen's fault.

Few will actually understand that. And I agree, he opened the door to being questioned, then got mad about it.

He got paid, so he thinks he won. Oh well, neither team won much so nobody will ever know what could have been had he swallowed his pride and structured his "payday" around his new found "acting mature" way of life.

Oh well.. **** him!