ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Atlantis Found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318133)

FAX 10-12-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13810388)
I'm not sure if your reference to Hermes was a quick Google or not...probably was otherwise you wouldn't trivialize him (it). What ever "it" was...wasnt of this earth.

LOL

Yep. Greek mythology is indeed arcane, Mr. BlackOp. Almost as obscure as some people's spelling.

It's all good, though. I, for one, would never trivialize a diety. So let us mortals forego earthly quibbles over omniscient beings about whom most 5th graders read and learn.

FAX

BlackOp 10-12-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13810400)
LOL

Yep. Greek mythology is indeed arcane, Mr. BlackOp. Almost as obscure as some people's spelling.

It's all good, though. I, for one, would never trivialize a diety. So let us mortals forego earthly quibbles over omniscient beings about whom most 5th graders read and learn.

FAX

Enjoy your bleak spiral into infinity....you haven't learned anything. Greek...really? Those chumps tried to claim him...after ripping of Egypt.

FAX 10-12-2018 11:56 PM

Here's the problem ...

Edgar Cayce ruminated for a while and finally blurted out that Atlantis was located near the Bahamas.

If I'm going to visit Atlantis, I think I'd prefer to start with that one.

FAX

FAX 10-12-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13810404)
Enjoy your bleak spiral into infinity....you haven't learned anything. Greek...really?

Forego, dude!! Forego!!

FAX

BlackOp 10-13-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13810396)
Here:

https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa...dFrom=fulltext

https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/richat-structure

Tell me where you get yours.... $1 says it's not from any actual geological/archaeological entity, but some nutter conspiracy site....

Thank you for that...it answered my question.

BlackOp 10-13-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13810405)
Here's the problem ...

Edgar Cayce ruminated for a while and finally blurted out that Atlantis was located near the Bahamas.

FAX

I think Bahamas is a good place for you...enjoy!

Fish 10-13-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13810399)
Fish - what do you think about Santorini as a possible Atlantis?

To be honest, I don't think that Atlantis actually had enough historical support to be much of an actual consideration in the first place. The legitimate info outside of Plato isn't really there. And Plato's claim was questionable. I understand that many other places were thought to be myth but later proven true. But those places had multiple sources from different areas.

BlackOp 10-13-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13810405)
Here's the problem ...

FAX

The problem is you use Edgar Cayce as a counter argument against Socrates. Might look into Rudolf Steiner... if you want to reference a "Clairvoyant" or "informer".

FAX 10-13-2018 12:13 AM

Forego more, Mr. BlackOp!!!

I know you can do it!!

FAX THE CONVINCED YOU'RE CAPABLE OF A SOLID FOREGO

Fish 10-13-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13810419)
The problem is you use Edgar Cayce as a counter argument against Socrates. Might look into Rudolf Steiner... if you want to reference a "Clairvoyant" or "informer".

There's no such thing as clairvoyance. Not one single demonstrable instance in history.

BlackOp 10-13-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13810422)
There's no such thing as clairvoyance. Not one single demonstrable instance in history.

OK...you win!

I have nothing else on this topic.

BlackOp 10-13-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13810421)
Forego more, Mr. BlackOp!!!

I know you can do it!!

FAX THE CONVINCED YOU'RE CAPABLE OF A SOLID FOREGO

I'm convinced youre a pseudo-intellectual....a trained monkey. That's your plot and I have nothing to do with it...just a bystander. No axe to grind..too lazy even if I had one.

Have a nice vacation...Bahamas is a beautiful place to ride out your days.

TinyEvel 10-13-2018 12:52 AM

I have been to Atlantis. Its in the Bahamas. huge Aquarium in the lobby.

suzzer99 10-13-2018 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13810418)
To be honest, I don't think that Atlantis actually had enough historical support to be much of an actual consideration in the first place. The legitimate info outside of Plato isn't really there. And Plato's claim was questionable. I understand that many other places were thought to be myth but later proven true. But those places had multiple sources from different areas.

So you're saying there's a chance?

suzzer99 10-13-2018 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13810445)
I have been to Atlantis. Its in the Bahamas. huge Aquarium in the lobby.

Fun poker tournament every year.