ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU David Beaty Fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318633)

Buehler445 11-04-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13870626)
I'm more than certain HCBS is done after this season.

Didn't he sign a 5 year extension a few months ago?

Eleazar 11-04-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Fair point though. They don’t want to have to compete with K State for available coaches.

Titty Meat 11-04-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Maybe. I forget if it was you or someone else on the board but it sounded like he wasnt going to step down until his son was the HC.

Coach 11-04-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13870631)
Didn't he sign a 5 year extension a few months ago?

Yes he did, but his buyout is roughly $3 million, if he was "terminated". But if he were to resign (retirement will fit this one), chances are he will go to a "Special Ambassador" type of a role, and there is no buyout being paid out, the way I understand it by reading his contract, which can be found online.

Coach 11-04-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13870644)
Maybe. I forget if it was you or someone else on the board but it sounded like he wasnt going to step down until his son was the HC.

He has been told, more or less, Sean is not going to be a HC. Now, how accurate that is, I do not know, but it has been out there for quite some time. So I doubt that is an option.

Plus, if you have watched his post-game pressers recently, he's making comments that I have never really heard him say is before prior to last year or the year before. This is the first time I recall him ever throwing a player under the bus (Zuber) publicly. Not to mention a few others, such as:

- Corey Sutton situation
- Yokel (Kellis - the reporter)
- Six inches
- write what the hell you want to write
- anybody else?
- Midget (our kicker).

Buehler445 11-04-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13870646)
Yes he did, but his buyout is roughly $3 million, if he was "terminated". But if he were to resign (retirement will fit this one), chances are he will go to a "Special Ambassador" type of a role, and there is no buyout being paid out, the way I understand it by reading his contract, which can be found online.

And you have reason to believe this will happen?

Other than the play on the field of course.

I believe KSU can't handle the bad PR of forcing out Snyder.

Coach 11-04-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13870652)
And you have reason to believe this will happen?

Other than the play on the field of course.

I believe KSU can't handle the bad PR of forcing out Snyder.

I do. I truly believe it's time for Snyder to retire.

Re: Bad PR. You'd be surprised actually. Quite a few KSU fans I interact is ready for Snyder to move on, because of the product on the field, and the recruiting situation.

The ones who's defending Snyder are the true fans/homer/cults type of individuals, which is a minority.

Buehler445 11-05-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13870654)
I do. I truly believe it's time for Snyder to retire.

Re: Bad PR. You'd be surprised actually. Quite a few KSU fans I interact is ready for Snyder to move on, because of the product on the field, and the recruiting situation.

The ones who's defending Snyder are the true fans/homer/cults type of individuals, which is a minority.

Fair enough. I try to steer clear of talking KSU ball in these parts.

Coach 11-05-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13870656)
Fair enough. I try to steer clear of talking KSU ball in these parts.

Fair enough on your comment. I apologize for hijacking the thread. Hope KU can find someone like a Matt Campbell type, like how Iowa State did.

Buehler445 11-05-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13870657)
Fair enough on your comment. I apologize for hijacking the thread. Hope KU can find someone like a Matt Campbell type, like how Iowa State did.

Agreed.

I told my buddy the other day, it's hard to win 10 games a year. It's also hard to lose 10 consistently.

TambaBerry 11-05-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13870595)
Is it even worth trying a triple option coach?

I mean there's not much more of a 'zag' than that. And KU would be a pain in the ass to prepare for on offense. Recruiting would be a little easier because you're not out there trying to snag 4* passers. You can chase the old school option QBs in a softer market for them and a couple of RBs (easier to find/coach up than WRs).

It unquestionably puts a ceiling on the program but wouldn't it also seem to raise the floor? They're not winning 10 games doing that but they shouldn't lose 10 either.

absolutely not on any type of gimmick offenses

Prison Bitch 11-05-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Ok, HCBS refers to self. Not Snyder. Only Self had a title

Buehler445 11-05-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13870759)
absolutely not on any type of gimmick offenses

Meh. I see what you’re saying. But they used to call the spread concepts that Fatgono ran a gimmick too. Now everybody does it.

GloucesterChief 11-05-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13870792)
Meh. I see what you’re saying. But they used to call the spread concepts that Fatgono ran a gimmick too. Now everybody does it.

Maybe in the midwest? West coast had been running the spread for a while.

gblowfish 11-05-2018 10:19 AM

So, who's got Mangino's phone number? Is there a Golden Corral in Lawrence??