ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The 4-3 Under and Current Personnel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320889)

seaofred 01-25-2019 01:10 PM

Weak-Side DE- Ford
3- Tech DT- Jones
1- Tech DT- Nnadi
Strong-Side DE- Speaks
SAM LB- Houston
MLB- Hitchens
WILL- DoD

duncan_idaho 01-25-2019 01:11 PM

Ford’s complete inadequacy against the run makes him a “hell no” for me at RE in this offense.

I can Houston at that spot, I can see using Houston as the SAM backer in base and as an end in your pass down sets.

But I just can’t see using Ford as your base E. Can’t see how you improve the run D enough in that situation.

For me, it’s still tag and trade him for what you can, then spend the money on a cheaper DE replacement or secondary help, prioritizing the draft with the other selection.

As for LB, there are a lot of flexible guys who could seem to project to 43 MLB or WLB. I like the Pratt kid from NC State as well (someone mentioned him earlier in thread, I think). Seems like the Chiefs can get a player like that with one of their seconds, which would give them nice insurance if Hitchens or O’Danial is inadequate.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-25-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14072201)
We have a pretty good idea of what spagnuolos top priority will be. Out of 10 drafts as DC for the giants, half of the first and second round picks went to a DB. Not to mention they signed janoris Jenkins to a huge deal. Our secondary is going to see a huge facelift and I'm definitely cool with that.

I totally agree. I think they'll target Nasir Adderley in the first round. Great safety that would fit his system and tons of versatility. Plus im sure veach would love drafting from his alma mater

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-25-2019 01:15 PM

For the tag and trade Ford crowd. You can only trade him if he signs the tag he holds all the cards here not the chiefs.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-25-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14072253)
Why do people keep saying this? You never let him walk. There is no scenario where the Chiefs should do anything but tag him. They hold all the cards and can trade him for a very good draft pick.

I assume Arizona will be going back to the 3-4 this season and last I remember is they need a pass rusher. The Packers are absolutely desperate for a pass rusher.

Idk if the Packers would give up pick 12 for Ford, but that price feels about right.

edit: If Chiefs got pick 12 they might get lucky enough to grab Greedy Williams if he slides out of the top 10.

edit2: If they could move back Deionte Thompson would make me very happy. Then they take BDPA at 29.

I am sure Spag would love Landon Collins back in his defense too. Giants are still transitioning to a 3-4 so a trade between the two could make sense. I'd still want a reasonable pick on top of collins. Maybe a 3 or a 4.

The Franchise 01-25-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14072270)
I totally agree. I think they'll target Nasir Adderley in the first round. Great safety that would fit his system and tons of versatility. Plus im sure veach would love drafting from his alma mater

This is who I'm leaning towards in the 1st round.

duncan_idaho 01-25-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14072275)
For the tag and trade Ford crowd. You can only trade him if he signs the tag he holds all the cards here not the chiefs.

Understandable. But you make the franchise tag offer and he either takes it or doesn’t. If he doesn’t, you get comp picks if he signs with another team.

He’s going to get a lot more salary from the team you trade him to if he signs that tag and is then traded than if that team has to give up two firsts to sign him off the non exclusive tag.

He has some power, for sure, but it’s in his best interest to sign the tag.

BleedingRed 01-25-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

He won’t sign, he holds the leverage.

And he knows once released he can cash in. I tried telling people this, but Nooooo. Other teams will wait for release

O.city 01-25-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14072320)

And he knows once released he can cash in. I tried telling people this, but Nooooo. Other teams will wait for release

Once he knows that’s the route they wanna go, his agent would start negotiating a long term deal with said team they’re going to trade him to. Once parameters are agreed upon.

Then he’d sign it

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-25-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

He already said he would sign it lol

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-25-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14072331)
He already said he would sign it lol

Until his agent gets involved. What do you want Ford to say lol

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-25-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

He literally has no leverage. If he doesn't sign it he'll be a year older with still no deal.. and the chiefs can just tag him again. We have all the leverage. Just hope we use it correctly.

staylor26 01-25-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14072278)
This is who I'm leaning towards in the 1st round.

I like Adderley, but I’d rather go with Baker or Mullen if available.

I definitely think we go DB in round 1 though.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-25-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14072330)
Once he knows that’s the route they wanna go, his agent would start negotiating a long term deal with said team they’re going to trade him to. Once parameters are agreed upon.

Then he’d sign it

Dee said yesterday he would love to get to the open market

The Franchise 01-25-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Ignoring the fact where he’s already publically states that he has no problem getting tagged?