ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs tag Ford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321629)

htismaqe 03-04-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14134533)
The only way they get rid of Houston and Ford is if they go out and get somebody like Flowers.

I’d be shocked, but I’m not worried that they don’t have a plan if they do it.

Exactly.

Why not just trust that Veach and the coaching staff KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING?

Furthermore, how do you go from trusting them to thinking they're dumb because of ONE PLAYER?

I mean, my feelings on tagging Ford and keeping him are well-known but I've never once said they were DUMB for doing it. I always made it clear it was my personal preference.

saphojunkie 03-04-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14134534)
Wonder if they’d take our 29 for Jones ?

If Chandler Jones is worth a 29th overall pick at 29 years old coming off 13 sacks, then how is Houston worth nothing coming off nine and one year older?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-04-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14134541)
If Chandler Jones is worth a 29th overall pick at 29 years old coming off 13 sacks, then how is Houston worth nothing coming off nine and one year older?

Houston has only had 2 seasons ever where he has played 16 games

O.city 03-04-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Injury history

Sassy Squatch 03-04-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14134540)
Exactly.

Why not just trust that Veach and the coaching staff KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING?

Furthermore, how do you go from trusting them to thinking they're dumb because of ONE PLAYER?

I mean, my feelings on tagging Ford and keeping him are well-known but I've never once said they were DUMB for doing it. I always made it clear it was my personal preference.

LMAO Veach hasn't done shit to assure me he has any idea of how to fix this defense.

Chris Meck 03-04-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14134520)
Don’t worry guys, we’re gonna get rid of our most impactful players to free up money to sign....(checks notes) and in the box safety who’s coming off an injury plagued season to a big contract

You know...you've said this several times; IN THE BOX SAFETY, as if it's some kind of slur; some kind of indication of a player lacking in skills.

You could not be more wrong. Tired of watching your defense get gashed by slot receivers and tight ends? That's your BOX SAFETY.

Tired of watching long runs off-tackle? That's your BOX SAFETY.

A FREE SAFETY is not necessarily more of an impact position than a STRONG SAFETY.

They are different, but neither is more important. When playing well, they are complimentary. We need both, so I think your take is bogus.

TambaBerry 03-04-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Chandler Jones doesnt have an injury history

Sassy Squatch 03-04-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14134545)
You know...you've said this several times; IN THE BOX SAFETY, as if it's some kind of slur; some kind of indication of a player lacking in skills.

You could not be more wrong. Tired of watching your defense get gashed by slot receivers and tight ends? That's your BOX SAFETY.

A FREE SAFETY is not necessarily more of an impact position than a STRONG SAFETY.

They are different, but neither is more important. When playing well, they are complimentary. We need both, so I think your take is bogus.

We don't need a box safety if Berry is still on the roster.

htismaqe 03-04-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14134544)
LMAO Veach hasn't done shit to assure me he has any idea of how to fix this defense.

Then you'd be safe to assume that tagging Ford is a bad idea, no? Since that's what Veach did and he doesn't know shit, right?

O.city 03-04-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14134545)

A free safety that can take the ball away is more impactful than a box safety that is just good in coverage and makes plays vs the run

Get a linebacker for that

htismaqe 03-04-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14134547)
We don't need a box safety if Berry is still on the roster.

That's arguable. LOL

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-04-2019 06:08 PM

I believe in Armani Watts

O.city 03-04-2019 06:08 PM

When the chiefs make the in the box safety the highest paid safety in the nfl to play in the box, well, we’ll see how it works out

The Franchise 03-04-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14134553)
When the chiefs make the in the box safety the highest paid safety in the nfl to play in the box, well, we’ll see how it works out

You think that Collins' contract is going to beat Earl Thomas? I highly ****ing doubt that.

saphojunkie 03-04-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14134543)
Injury history

I don't believe it causes THAT much discrepancy between value, though.