ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What Happened in Green Bay? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322186)

Chiefshrink 04-04-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14194053)
All he knows really, is success. Pat's drive does not come from insecurity. He has confidence in spades because he's always enjoyed success. It's insecurity that makes these guys act the way they do. What they call a "Chip on his shoulder". Pat doesn't have that.

Agreed.

However what you hope does not happen is more of the psychological thing that could take over IF Pat lets it get to him. What am I speaking of ?? Winning the big games. He lost on the national stage against the Rams and Pats 2wice. What we don't want to see is the "He can't win the big games when they count" mantra being said about him. He obviously gets a pass and should especially for being the MVP and really being a rookie in his 2nd year from a playing perspective. However, from here on out it's all on him now.:shrug:

But to all your great points about him and his high maturity level and his fire in the belly grit to win I don't see him getting in a psychological funk.:thumb:

Why Not? 04-04-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14195103)
Brady will be remembered the way Ruth is remembered. Brees won't.

As we are all too painfully aware, you need a complete team to win the big games. The Patriots have a leg up over everybody else because their QB doesn't demand enough cash to hamstring the organization's ability to get the other players he needs to be successful.

I don't think Brees is a bad person; not at all. He wants to get paid, and he's getting paid. Nothing wrong with that. But it has come at the expense of what could have been a much greater legacy. The day will come when he will probably wish he'd taken less to accomplish more.

No argument there. I was merely replying to Jake’s perspective that Brees isn’t a good dude based on his money shit.

Best22 04-04-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14195188)
Agreed.

However what you hope does not happen is more of the psychological thing that could take over IF Pat lets it get to him. What am I speaking of ?? Winning the big games. He lost on the national stage against the Rams and Pats 2wice. What we don't want to see is the "He can't win the big games when they count" mantra being said about him. He obviously gets a pass and should especially for being the MVP and really being a rookie in his 2nd year from a playing perspective. However, from here on out it's all on him now.:shrug:

But to all your great points about him and his high maturity level and his fire in the belly grit to win I don't see him getting in a psychological funk.:thumb:

Big games? Explain to me how the Rams game was bigger than the Colts playoff game?

Are the regular season “primetime” games now more important than the playoffs? Where is Alex Smith’s rings for his primetime wins against New England in 2014 and 2017?

That BS Mahomes narrative came straight from Cowherd. Before this year, they told us KC couldn’t win in the playoffs “when it really mattered.” Now the narrative is that MNF is bigger than Divisional Playoffs? Maybe we should give the Manning era Colts more credit for being kings of the regular season (especially primetime)

ROFL

Naptown Chief 04-05-2019 12:04 AM

I can't fap to this

New World Order 04-05-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14195242)
I can't fap to this

Imagine McCarthy in a speedo

You're welcome

BigRichard 04-05-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14195242)
I can't fap to this

You aren't trying hard enough.

Naptown Chief 04-05-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14195256)

You're welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 14195487)
You aren't trying hard enough.

Taken care of, but thank you for your concern!

Angry fan 04-05-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14194191)
Nah, I think Drew Brees and Alex Smith are alright dudes too.

You think it's cool to stop a game for breaking a stat. And then being given a piece of paper of it? **** Drew Brees. Somebody castrate me if Patrick Mahomes ever asks for that treatment. FML!:facepalm:

Angry fan 04-05-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14194262)
Maybe Rodgers has to be an asshole because of the Packers ruining his career?They ruined part of his career with Thompson and then McCarthy was clearly held onto way too long.

He’s reaching the last stretch of his career. Can you blame him for questioning that franchise bringing in such a young guy with no HC experience?

That's right, It's never Aaron Rodgers fault. It's always someone elses fault. No wonder he never takes responsibility for anything with everyone enabling this shit.:rolleyes:

Angry fan 04-05-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14194935)
What kind of player gets to decide "I don't want to block"? Or "you can only use me here"? Travis Kelce

What coach would even put up with that shit? Andy Reid

:)

Angry fan 04-05-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChief (Post 14195032)
Gronk is what Travis Kelce would be if he blocked. What a waste of a career.

Fixed it for you. Kelce has the frame. Graham doesn't.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-05-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry fan (Post 14195566)
:)

Bullshit.

PAChiefsGuy 04-05-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire (Post 14194001)
Really makes you appreciate Pat as a person. All these great QBs are massive douches...Rodgers, Marino, Elway, Peyton, Wilson, I could go on.

We lucked the **** out in more ways than one.

How is Wilson a jerk?

Angry fan 04-05-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14195591)
How is Wilson a jerk?

Russell Wilson "God made me throw that INT"

No Russell you threw a ball and didn't even know where it was going.

Russell right after INT "What happened?"

J Diddy 04-05-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14195256)

You're welcome

Funny. I fap to Melissa McCarthy in a thong all the time.