ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Run Defense SUCKS (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325715)

GloryDayz 10-07-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14508311)
Check this blunt but accurate assessment of our defense out :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/20FQ_OL1Pkg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hate that those two ****-wads nailed it. But they were way too nice by not pointing out that the O-line will get PM killed this year.

I'm not going to say we're ****ed until after the Houston game, but I'm leaning toward that revelation after both our lines looked like confused and drunk college kids last night.

And there's NO ****ING WAY I'm wasting any money going Sunday. **** that bullshit... With Spags leading a joke for a D, and Andy allowing our O-line to be this bad, I'll be goddamned if I spend money watching them get our franchise QB maimed.

rabblerouser 10-07-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14508311)
Check this blunt but accurate assessment of our defense out :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/20FQ_OL1Pkg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Too accurate.

The defense IS worse than last year.

dlphg9 10-07-2019 09:12 PM

This isn't on the D. This is on the offense, they had 10 drives and only scored on 3 of those. This is the only loss of Mahomes career that you can't blame on the D. The offense had two 3 and outs in which they went 0 yards. We only had the ball for 24 seconds on one of those. After our 1st two drives our offense didn't possess the ball for more than 3 minutes. No ****ing wonder the D was gassed. It's like when we lost to the Steelers in the playoffs with Alex Smith and the Steelers didn't score a TD. That loss was on the offense too.

jerryaldini 10-07-2019 09:15 PM

At least we aren't the Browns. 275 rush yards given up. Don't think a chief team has ever accomplished that.

scho63 10-08-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14508930)
This isn't on the D. This is on the offense, they had 10 drives and only scored on 3 of those. This is the only loss of Mahomes career that you can't blame on the D. The offense had two 3 and outs in which they went 0 yards. We only had the ball for 24 seconds on one of those. After our 1st two drives our offense didn't possess the ball for more than 3 minutes. No ****ing wonder the D was gassed. It's like when we lost to the Steelers in the playoffs with Alex Smith and the Steelers didn't score a TD. That loss was on the offense too.

Bullshit-our offense was cold because they had to sit on the bench for long lengths of time to get back on the field. The first two drives they scored. Then jack shit.

No rhythm at all or momentum. They didn't play good is true but the D couldn't get ANY pressure on the QB and let Mack run wild.

TEX 10-08-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryaldini (Post 14508934)
At least we aren't the Browns. 275 rush yards given up. Don't think a chief team has ever accomplished that.

Yet...

HC_Chief 10-08-2019 08:21 AM

Terrible LB corps. Just god-awful players. Veach is already on thin ice with much of the fan base.... fail to correct this glaring weakness in the off-season and watch the banners fly. Literally.

Mecca 10-08-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 14509259)
Terrible LB corps. Just god-awful players. Veach is already on thin ice with much of the fan base.... fail to correct this glaring weakness in the off-season and watch the banners fly. Literally.

Those are his guys......sign and trades for all of them...

O.city 10-08-2019 08:27 AM

The Chiefs, under Veach are 26-11, hosted the AFC champ game last year and are in prime spot to do it again.

And we're talking about flying banners?

My god.

Mecca 10-08-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14509273)
The Chiefs, under Veach are 26-11, hosted the AFC champ game last year and are in prime spot to do it again.

And we're talking about flying banners?

My god.

How much of that is him and how much is what he walked into?

He said they had to fix the run defense early in his tenure, 2 drafts and 2 offseasons later, he still hasn't done it.

The Chiefs are largely still the same team they were the day he was hired.

O.city 10-08-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14509278)
How much of that is him and how much is what he walked into?

He said they had to fix the run defense early in his tenure, 2 drafts and 2 offseasons later, he still hasn't done it.

The Chiefs are largely still the same team they were the day he was hired.

They completely turned over the defense, staff, players etc.

It's currently sitting in the middle of the pack. Gave up 4.5 per carry Sunday and held a team to 19 points.

Good lord theres drama queens around every corner here.

The offense isn't a "score 13 points and win" offense. Shit happens.

Mecca 10-08-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14509283)
They completely turned over the defense, staff, players etc.

It's currently sitting in the middle of the pack. Gave up 4.5 per carry Sunday and held a team to 19 points.

Good lord theres drama queens around every corner here.

The offense isn't a "score 13 points and win" offense. Shit happens.

You are proving my point, he changed all the players and the coaches and it's not any better.

They scored 19 because it's all they had to score, it wasn't some great defensive effort. They were content to just sit on the field and eat the clock. This defense is bad against the run and pass they aren't good at anything.

This week it will be different bitching because Hopkins and Fuller are gonna roast those CBs.

O.city 10-08-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14509288)
You are proving my point, he changed all the players and the coaches and it's not any better.

They scored 19 because it's all they had to score, it wasn't some great defensive effort. They were content to just sit on the field and eat the clock. This defense is bad against the run and pass they aren't good at anything.

This week it will be different bitching because Hopkins and Fuller are gonna roast those CBs.

They're 5 games in, yes, they're better.

The Chiefs defense wasn't going to be "good" 5 games in with 7 new starters. It's not supposed to be the strength of the unit.

They're supposed to get a few turnovers, hold teams to field goals and let the offense do the heavy lifting.

Well...

Mecca 10-08-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14509290)
They're 5 games in, yes, they're better.

The Chiefs defense wasn't going to be "good" 5 games in with 7 new starters. It's not supposed to be the strength of the unit.

They're supposed to get a few turnovers, hold teams to field goals and let the offense do the heavy lifting.

Well...

Also he basically declared to us with the contracts that Anthony Hitchens and Frank Clark are cornerstone players....

Clark sucks and Hitchens is a piece of shit.

O.city 10-08-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14509292)
Also he basically declared to us with the contracts that Anthony Hitchens and Frank Clark are cornerstone players....

Clark sucks and Hitchens is a piece of shit.

Ok, cool. Lets burn it all down.

That's probably gonna be Coach, GM, full turnover.

We're ready to do that now?