ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Sneak Call Was Just Fine... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326062)

Raiderhater 10-18-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14536606)
On a good left ankle he still gets his right knee hurt. One has nothing to do with the other.

But he doesn’t have a good left ankle. Putting him in a pile where there is an increased risk of someone rolling over it or even stepping on it again is reckless when you have Sherman (who is under used as is) who could pick up that yard.

Protect the ankle and the freak knee injury doesn’t happen.

RedRaider56 10-18-2019 05:59 AM

I had no problem with the call at the time. Nice safe play...
Then a freak injury...and it looked like it was caused by friendly fire coming in from the side.
Completely sucks....

KelceFanClub 10-18-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14536626)
But he doesn’t have a good left ankle. Putting him in a pile where there is an increased risk of someone rolling over it or even stepping on it again is reckless when you have Sherman (who is under used as is) who could pick up that yard.

Protect the ankle and the freak knee injury doesn’t happen.

Totally agree with you. It would be different if Patrick has a bigger body type like Cam but even Cam gets injured. The other issue is that the defense is not as good as the offense so if you potentially hurt your key player, you may start losing games. Next week's game is going to be a big test.

ChiefEd 10-18-2019 06:18 AM

Horrible call. Andy chose that play for the possibility to score 4 more points. Not to win a game, but to score four f**king points. With an injured MVP quarterback, kick the field goal every time!

kepp 10-18-2019 06:22 AM

I think the call, under normal circumstances, is a good one. Teams run it all the time on 4th and 1. However, if your QB already has a gimpy ankle, the sneak is not a good call. We have the sausage for a reason and it's for that exact play.

petegz28 10-18-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 14536642)
I think the call, under normal circumstances, is a good one. Teams run it all the time on 4th and 1. However, if your QB already has a gimpy ankle, the sneak is not a good call. We have the sausage for a reason and it's for that exact play.

How did his ankle matter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

petegz28 10-18-2019 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelceFanClub (Post 14536634)
Totally agree with you. It would be different if Patrick has a bigger body type like Cam but even Cam gets injured. The other issue is that the defense is not as good as the offense so if you potentially hurt your key player, you may start losing games. Next week's game is going to be a big test.

Brady says you're a pussy

kepp 10-18-2019 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14536645)
How did his ankle matter?

The ankle didn't cause the knee injury, but calling that play when your MVP QB already has an ankle injury carries more risk. Use the FB. Again, I'm not saying the ankle had anything to do with the knee injury. That was just bad luck/fluke accident. But I don't think you risk further injuring your QB's ankle for a yard that our FB could easily pick up.

-King- 10-18-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefEd (Post 14536640)
Horrible call. Andy chose that play for the possibility to score 4 more points. Not to win a game, but to score four f**king points. With an injured MVP quarterback, kick the field goal every time!

Are you ****ing serious?

DaFace 10-18-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14536666)
Are you ****ing serious?

I'm dumbfounded that old school thinking like that is still so prevalent.

rydogg58 10-18-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 14536655)
The ankle didn't cause the knee injury, but calling that play when your MVP QB already has an ankle injury carries more risk. Use the FB. Again, I'm not saying the ankle had anything to do with the knee injury. That was just bad luck/fluke accident. But I don't think you risk further injuring your QB's ankle for a yard that our FB could easily pick up.

No such thing as an easy yard. At that point in the game you go with the call that gives you a higher chance of success. It was the right move. If the score was 30-6 and Andy called that play, hell yes it would have been dumb.

SupDock 10-18-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 14536655)

Agree with this

The bad ankle didn't contribute to the injury, but it very well could have gotten reinjured in the pile.

It's a bad call to run a QB sneak with an MVP quarterback on a gimpy ankle.

kcxiv 10-18-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14534721)
Sure, Pete. Lets send the MVP, and our franchise into a pile of cheating Donks, right into the teeth of the defense.

Instead if you know, giving it to the sausage for instance.

You dont get your MVP hit intentionally. You just dont ****ing do it.

what are you talking about. other "MVP" Qb's do that shit ALL the time, multiple times! it was just bad luck or well Madden Curse. lol

kcxiv 10-18-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelceFanClub (Post 14536634)

Brees does this on a routine basis as well. He's not a big dude, Brady isnt a big dude. Lets not forget they are late in their careers. This was just a fluke nothing more nothing less.

petegz28 10-18-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14536698)
Agree with this

The bad ankle didn't contribute to the injury, but it very well could have gotten reinjured in the pile.

It's a bad call to run a QB sneak with an MVP quarterback on a gimpy ankle.

And it has a higher chance of being re-injured dropping back to pass. So should we not have him in at all then?