ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Star demands the Chiefs stop the chop (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326387)

Baby Lee 11-01-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14566702)
It's funny reading all the "outrage culture" blasting while nearly everyone in here is outraged about this take by the Star. Truly hilarious.

For the record, I love the chop. And I'm Native.

The irony you attempt to cultivate does not exist.

To the extent anyone can even colorably be characterized as 'outraged' [which is miniscule] by this reeruned attempt at journalisming, they aren't demanding The Star respond to their outrage with apology and change in behavior. They just ridicule it and disregard their enterprise.

underEJ 11-01-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14566587)
“The divisive chant”

How can it be divisive if the entire stadium is doing? Sounds like it unified people to me.

Not everybody does it. I go to 3 or 4 games a year and see alot of people who don't participate. Offensive or not, there are clearly alot of fans who think it is stupid and won't do it. It looks dumb, sounds dumb, isn't original, isn't a tradition from very long. You all look like idiots.

sedated 11-01-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14566679)
Stupid idea. The Star hates the Chiefs these days.

the star hates everything these days.

They seem to want to sell papers by attacking KC institutions.

Next up, the Plaza gentrified the area just west of The Paseo, and must be torn down.

KC's BBQ tradition is cultural appropriation, and white people enjoying it is offensive.

Baby Lee 11-01-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 14566720)
Not everybody does it. I go to 3 or 4 games a year and see alot of people who don't participate. Offensive or not, there are clearly alot of fans who think it is stupid and won't do it. It looks dumb, sounds dumb, isn't original, isn't a tradition from very long. You all look like idiots.

How on earth will we survive your scorn? . . .

rabblerouser 11-01-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 14566573)
- By the Kansas City Star editorial board

Cowards too afraid to put a name on their sjw hit piece?

PTSD

underEJ 11-01-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14566727)
How on earth will we survive your scorn? . . .

Not scorn, pity.

Baby Lee 11-01-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 14566737)
Not scorn, pity.

Access denied, above your pay grade.

DJJasonp 11-01-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 14566724)
the star hates everything these days.

They seem to want to sell papers by attacking KC institutions.

Next up, the Plaza gentrified the area just west of The Paseo, and must be torn down.

KC's BBQ tradition is cultural appropriation, and white people enjoying it is offensive.

In this digital media age, much of "journalism" amounts to contrarian takes, with the simple agenda of drumming up discussion or "click bait".

Yahoo/nbc sports is just about 95% this.

Just about every sports talk show on espn during the day is this approach.....either at one end of the argument spectrum, or the other.

Journalism is dead....everything is Op-Ed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

carcosa 11-01-2019 09:48 AM

I think the chop is pretty dumb and insensitive but getting worked up about it one way or the other seems like a waste of time and energy

RN47 11-01-2019 09:48 AM

Maybe we should just do the wave? Does that offend anyone? Is it insensitive to aquatic creatures, since a 'wave' is part of their natural environment, and not something to trivialize at a sporting contest?

I mean, I don't want to look like an idiot or anything (according to underEJ) so I guess I will simply don an ascot, knee length black leather boots, breeches, a hounds tooth jacket and my monocle like those cultured folk in Los Angeles and simply say "Pip-pip! Cheerio lads! Well done!" whilst observing grown men play a child's game.

ETA: God dammit I am so sorry for being white.

gblowfish 11-01-2019 09:49 AM

I don't do the chop personally. But I don't care if others want to. I don't think it has any intent to mock or disparage Native Americans.

rabblerouser 11-01-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14566749)
I don't do the chop personally. But I don't care if others want to. I don't think it has any intent to mock or disparage Native Americans.

I'm a Native American and I don't think it does, either.

**** the KC Star.

Baby Lee 11-01-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14566749)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14566753)
I'm a Native American and I don't think it does, either.

**** the KC Star.

You white males have no authority to police the offense taken by others.

rabblerouser 11-01-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14566746)
I think the chop is pretty dumb and insensitive

https://pics.me.me/thumb_yeah-well-t...m-15166091.png

ClevelandBronco 11-01-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14566714)
the chiefs didn't start the chop

they won't stop it

you can't stop people from doing a thing

They can't stop a behavior in their own stadium? Of course they can. Don't be silly.