ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Time to re-evaluate. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326600)

kcpasco 11-10-2019 04:55 PM

They let Ryan ****ing Tannehill turn into Rodgers.

iDeaL 11-10-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14587213)
Because I'm not a reerun... We haven't lost a game by more than 1 score in the last 36 games... The next closest streak is 10. Andy's first season ever with a true great QB(no Donovan McNabb was not great like Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Brees) he was an offsides from going to the SB with a shitty D. The Defense is better this year, far from great but better and we are not healthy. If we get healthy we can beat any team... Andy was aggressive today after we had the lead, we went for it on 4th down once instead of kicking a field goal, we dominated time of possession, all your same complaints from earlier this year.

Dude... what the **** does it matter how many points the Chiefs lose by? Lose by 1 or 50 is still a FAT ****ING L. Losing close just makes it that much more excruciating. All that says is that we never get blown out. BFD. YAY! We won't get blown out if we make the playoffs! We'll just lose by 1 or 2 at the last second in heart-breaking fashion. YAY!!!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-10-2019 05:00 PM

Really HB.... what a leader you are

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look tyrann Mathieu throwing his teammates under the bus. “We just need a few dogs” you just calling some of your players soft. Ryan Clark spit nothing but facts. I’m glad Houston didn’t resign you. <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Mathieu_Era</a> <a href="https://t.co/xB1onMPLZ2">pic.twitter.com/xB1onMPLZ2</a></p>&mdash; Texanpalace (@Texans47) <a href="https://twitter.com/Texans47/status/1193647575741730819?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection 11-10-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14587322)
I don’t even know if I’d call it a flukey loss. After the botched field goal the defense could have not pissed down their legs. **** them.

We outgained them by almost 300 yards. Victories don't get much more fluky than that.

Drawing significant conclusions from such games is probably the wrong thing to do.

FAH-Q 11-10-2019 05:06 PM

I fear last year’s season was the ceiling for this team.Without significant changes, both culturally and systematically, I do not have any expectation to win a championship. Reid is Reid. He’s been doing this for several years now, so for me to think he’ll all of a sudden become a championship winning coach is silly. Bash me if you want. Reid is clearly awesome at developing QBs. Outside of that, I’m not very happy with how this team has been built.

TEX 11-10-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14587375)
We outgained them by almost 300 yards. Victories don't get much more fluky than that.

Drawing significant conclusions from such games is probably the wrong thing to do.

There comes a time when the fluky part stops - and crunch time begins. The Titans made the plays when it mattered and KC pissed it away. No fluke as to why it ended like it did.

FAH-Q 11-10-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14587398)
There comes a time when the fluky part stops - and that's crunch time. The Titans made the plays when it mattered and KC pissed it away. No fluke as why it ended like it did.

Exactly. When I see Ryan Tannehill steam rolling our defenders, willing his team to a victory, it tells me all I need to know about a team’s resolve.

lcarus 11-10-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14586797)
Hunt doesn't fumble for 6 going the other way and likely gets a 1st down to ice that gsme.

Yep and Hunt doesn't fumble away the Indianapolis and Houston games. 3 ****ing losses because we don't have a sure handed RB. We already know we have a shit defense. But if we spot our opponent a TD by fumbling every game, we have 0 shot.

KC_Connection 11-10-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14587398)
There comes a time when the fluky part stops - and crunch time begins. The Titans made the plays when it mattered and KC pissed it away. No fluke as to why it ended like it did.

Sure they blew it, but if they play that game out 10 times, the Chiefs are winning that game 9/10 times. It basically had to go exactly the way it did for the Titans to even have a chance and it did. There's no question which team is better.

FAH-Q 11-10-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14587424)
Sure they blew it, but if they play that game out 10 times, the Chiefs are winning that game 9/10 times. It basically had to go exactly the way it did for the Titans to even have a chance and it did. There's no question which team is better.

You mean 8/10 right? After the playoff loss in 2017 that basically came about the exact same way of being utterly unable to stop Henry.

KC_Connection 11-10-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAH-Q (Post 14587428)
You mean 8/10 right? After the playoff loss in 2017 that basically came about the exact same way of being utterly unable to stop Henry.

Can't disagree that its ending was eerily reminiscent to that one, but I'll still take my chances against that team again in the playoffs (although I don't expect they'll make it).

TEX 11-10-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14587424)
Sure, but if they play that game out 10 times, the Chiefs are winning that game 9/10 times. It basically had to go exactly the way it did for the Titans to even have a chance and it did. There's no question which team is better.

Seems like every Chiefs team that loses to the Titans is always the "better" team. The "better" team losing is not a basis for any argument for it being the better team. :shrug:

mlyonsd 11-10-2019 05:19 PM

It is time to re-evaluate. This isn't our year.

PattyFlakes 11-10-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14587307)
No they're not. The stupid fluky loss today proves it.

Every f***** team takes a loss like this during the season. We weren't even the only one to have one this week. New Orleans pissed down their leg against an awful Atlanta team, is their season over? GB looked like ass against LAC last week, are they f****d for the rest of the year? How about New England losing to the Dolphins last year before going on a run to the SB? With the talent this team has it is capable of beating anyone. I know we all have battered fan syndrome around here, but come the f*** on.

KC_Connection 11-10-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14587443)
Seems like every Chiefs team that loses to the Titans is always the "better" team. The "better" team losing is not a basis for any argument for it being the better team. :shrug:

You're right, but outgaining them by 300 yards and destroying them in TOP is. Better teams lose games all the time to worse opponents. This was a particularly egregious example.