ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If you were the Chiefs DC what changes would you make? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326631)

Chiefnj2 11-11-2019 10:12 AM

Ragland, Saunders and Pinnel did s good job against the run last week. I'm not sure why Spags abandoned that game plan.

And, Sorensen is never an answer for anything on defense.

chiefforlife 11-11-2019 10:13 AM

Heres what I dont get and it falls directly on the DC.

We spend weeks figuring out how to stop the run. We add Pennel we start Ragland, Saunders get more playing time. We are shutting down the run like crazy. We hold the NFLs leading rusher to 71 yards. Boom!

Then we play the Titans with Derek Henry and not much else.

We deactivate Pennel, Ragland barely plays and Saunders barely plays. WTF?

Its as if Spags decided to be like Andy and fix something that was working. OK, thats working quite well, lets do something completely different.

Seriously, what was Spags thinking? This loss to me, falls on Spags. Yes we had some mistakes on offense and STs but giving up 188 yards to Henry was the killer. Going in they had to know shutting down Henry was the key to winning. Instead we go back to the defense that was giving up 180 yards a game and gave up over 180 yards. WHY?

The Franchise 11-11-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14589249)
Not as much as Money Badger. Sadly the best safety on the field yesterday was Sorenson and this has happened in many games this year. There are few teams Sorenson could start for or get significant playing time for yet he is outplaying the rest of our safeties and for that I am really sad.

Sorenson isn’t outplaying anyone. Dude is ****ing trash.

King_Chief_Fan 11-11-2019 12:22 PM

Replace spags with anyone

chiefforlife 11-11-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 14589701)
Replace spags with anyone

No, just go back to the Defense that was stopping the run!

Mecca 11-11-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14589300)
Ragland, Saunders and Pinnel did s good job against the run last week. I'm not sure why Spags abandoned that game plan.

And, Sorensen is never an answer for anything on defense.

For some reason this team in general has a hardon for Dan Sorensen, I'm sure they won't cut him after this year even though he's a good cap savings.

oldman 11-11-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14589289)
If I was the defensive coordinator, I'd probably look at the team coming and see whether they're a passing team or a running team. And then I'd plan my defense accordingly. For example, the Titans are a running team so I'd play them like they were going to depend on their large running back.

It seems like an easy concept to embrace, but we don't do it now.

Look for a 5 AM call from Andy, RM.

Aspengc8 11-11-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14589713)
For some reason this team in general has a hardon for Dan Sorensen, I'm sure they won't cut him after this year even though he's a good cap savings.

I think Dirty Dan, Watkins and Sherman are as good as gone next year. That's almost 30mil iirc.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-11-2019 12:48 PM

How about not giving Joey ****ing IVie more snaps than Saunders and actually play Ragland more than 17 snaps

Hoover 11-11-2019 01:05 PM

I don't put this loss on the Defense.

1. Offense needs to score TDs not FGs. Kelce's second TD coming off the board hurt us badly.
2. Fumbles are going to happen, but the offense can't let the defense score actual points. That fumble returned for a TD changed the game.
3. Our special teams suck. Why do we continue to field puts inside the 5 yard line? Hell I'm not sure I'd return a kickoff unless it doesn't make the end zone. With Mahomes I'd take the ball at the 25 every time. Plus every return these days has a penalty.
4. I'd challenge every player to match Mahomes. Why does it feel like we don't play up to his level when he's active? Its almost like Pat's playing, we got this. No, play your heart out for that guy. This is a huge issue on defense IMO.

Rain Man 11-11-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14589721)
Look for a 5 AM call from Andy, RM.

I look forward to testing my innovative new philosophy.

Go Royals 11-11-2019 01:07 PM

Pennel should never be inactive for Ivie. That was mindblowing

lcarus 11-11-2019 01:33 PM

It's so bad that in late game situations I'm hoping the defense just lets them score quick so we still have time. Fenton or someone made a great pass breakup on the Titans last drive and I said it would have been better if he just caught that for a TD there so we'd still have a minute and 3 timeouts.

OKchiefs 11-11-2019 01:44 PM

Nothing will change until we get better linebackers. Look at the pff grades for all of our linebackers. They are awful. And since Brett Veach is such a ****ing idiot we can't even get out from Hitchens' contract for several more years.

PFF grades vs the Titans

Highest
Hill 79.9
Mahomes 78.6
Hardman 78
Kelce 76.4
Nnadi 70.7

Lowest
Lucas 25.9
D. Wilson 34
Erving 35.1
Ragland 35.8
Hitchens 41.9

Overall 66
Offense 73.8
Defense 48.3 (lowest of season)
ST 54.5

Rain Man 11-11-2019 01:47 PM

PFF seems to be accurate about Lucas. That was a rough, rough game for him.