ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Wtf is wrong with special teams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327236)

-King- 12-11-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14649758)
I'd kick short every single time.

Wedge blocking is illegal now so you end up seeing a flag thrown every time someone tries to run laterally. Additionally, because you're up a little closer, you can hang that ball way up there and give your return team time to get down to cover.

With the rash of penalties that comes on returns, you have a 50/50 shot of getting one thrown and the opponent starting their drive at the 15/16 yard line vs. the 25. I think that's absolutely worth the nominal risk of letting them take one out given the fact that the lack of a wedge makes a KO return for a touchdown less likely than ever.

This. There's a flag on damn near every return these days. Big returns and touchdowns are so rare these days that it's not much risk to kick it short and force the other team to return it..

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2019 09:54 AM

Watts is turning around looking at Colquitt basically asking why he kicked it (and subsequently getting blocked). It DOES look like it was supposed to be a fake, tbh.

DJ's left nut 12-11-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 14649825)
Watts is turning around looking at Colquitt basically asking why he kicked it (and subsequently getting blocked). It DOES look like it was supposed to be a fake, tbh.

It was.

Either a direct snap to Lucas (who was supposed to run behind Sherman) or a pass to Sherman. Lucas is clearly reaching out to catch that snap as it sails by him.

My money is that it was supposed to be a direct snap to Lucas and Colquitt got the snap to him, realized they were probably ****ed and just tried to punt it to make chicken salad of chicken shit.

Chiefs Moon 12-11-2019 10:04 AM

David Toub. He's overrated. His units are penalized at a criminally high rate. It's been that way for years. His returners make poor decisions. They create negative plays and are field position idiots. The blocked kicks are a new wrinkle. It's all a sign of poor coaching.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14649832)
It was.

Either a direct snap to Lucas (who was supposed to run behind Sherman) or a pass to Sherman. Lucas is clearly reaching out to catch that snap as it sails by him.

My money is that it was supposed to be a direct snap to Lucas and Colquitt got the snap to him, realized they were probably ****ed and just tried to punt it to make chicken salad of chicken shit.

If so, Winchester has had an absolutely HORRIBLE year. Like, he-should-lose-his-job-horrible.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-12-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 14649846)
David Toub. He's overrated. His units are penalized at a criminally high rate. It's been that way for years. His returners make poor decisions. They create negative plays and are field position idiots. The blocked kicks are a new wrinkle. It's all a sign of poor coaching.

False. His units have been highly ranked by advanced metrics every year in KC...including this year. You clowns have no clue what you are talking about

chiefzilla1501 12-12-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 14649855)
If so, Winchester has had an absolutely HORRIBLE year. Like, he-should-lose-his-job-horrible.

He's always made me a little nervous. I think Colquitt bails him out quite a bit.

Coogs 12-12-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14646049)
Sherman is clearly the receiver as he sneaks out and turns around.

And Colquitt is clearly punting it.

So why is Andy blaming the blocking?

Would Sherman have been an eligible receiver being lined up next to the center?

And I don't think Andy was blaming the blocking. I think the line was supposed to let them through, kind of like a screen pass. But since the play failed, it looked like there were missed blocking assignments.

scho63 12-12-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14645971)
Do we really believe this? Or is it some kind of chess with Belichick?

The Patriots defender could have just grabbed the ball of Colquitt's foot he was there the same time as the ball.

I sure hope like hell it was a botched call and not a flaw in our snap count or ability to defend a punt.

Grim 12-12-2019 07:15 AM

I re-watched that "fake punt" more than a dozen times.
If Toub called for a fake punt, he clearly didn't tell anybody on the punting team.

Fake punt my ass.

UK_Chief 12-12-2019 08:40 AM

They’re special. But not in a good way

Hammock Parties 12-12-2019 08:41 AM

There WAS a fake punt on. The long snapper had other ideas though.

You can see a huge weakness in the Pats overload. They were going to direct snap it to Lucas.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-12-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14651321)
There WAS a fake punt on. The long snapper had other ideas though.

You can see a huge weakness in the Pats overload. They were going to direct snap it to Lucas.

Looked like Jordan Lucas was expecting the direct snap

Hammock Parties 12-12-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 14649846)

This is the most wrong post about our special teams ever.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-12-2019 08:48 AM

That was executed worse than Indys abomination of a fake against the Pat's. Terrible time to call that.