ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340576)

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928200)
Did you read my original post? I'm not saying he's above being criticized. I'm saying that calling him "broken" or anything similar is ****ing bullshit, that he's not playing like "absolute shit" by any objective standard, and that anyone who's eager to throw those kinds of words around about Patrick Mahomes after the three years he just had are annoying little bitches who don't deserve him.

I like Mahomes as much as anyone on this board. That doesn't mean I won't criticize him if he is playing bad which he has been recently. I think he would admit it himself.

Brady plays like shit some games too, every QB does, they are human. Hopefully Mahomes can break out of it but it is concerning it's been several games in a row now.

Mecca 11-01-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928207)
But the interesting thing is there are some very big names apparently ahead of him on the turnover worthy plays list, but they are getting much luckier on their plays than him right now. I was surprised by some of the names in the Tweet the other day. Here was the Tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes&#39; percentage of throws graded as turnover-worthy is 23rd highest among QBs with at least 100 pass attempts this season. <br><br>That&#39;s *lower* than Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford, Justin Herbert and Derek Carr</p>&mdash; Kevin Cole (@KevinColePFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinColePFF/status/1453365310677991430?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He went from being lucky to unlucky basically overnight but I do think the extra plays, and defenses literally making him check off constantly is causing frustration.

srvy 11-01-2021 11:03 PM

The officials haven't done Pat any favors either. He has been brutalized with very few flags after the ball is out. That takes its toll over time. It's a passing league but dumb ass refs still treat scrambling QBs differently than old pocket passers.

Mecca 11-01-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15928212)
The officials haven't done Pat any favors either. He has been brutalized with very few flags after the ball is out. That takes its toll over time. It's a passing league but dumb ass refs still treat scrambling QBs differently than old pocket passers.

The league also has no reason to protect the Chiefs..they'd rather us step aside now.

jd1020 11-01-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928206)
No. He has had two (2) bad games. And he still one won of them. We know he can still be elite because he's had four elite games THIS SEASON, and people like you are acting like he's the main problem on this team. It's ****ing bullshit.

I hope you don't get too sad when he has a great game next week. You really seem to enjoy the idea of him failing.

He is the QB and he's playing like shit. Whether or not you want to admit it he's part of the problem right now. He's turning the ball over like 2 times a week right now. His passes are ankle high. His deep balls are underthrown or out of bounds. He's running into sacks. Fumbling the ball just like everyone else.

I'm not enjoying him failing. He just is.

BigRedChief 11-01-2021 11:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Really thoughtful that the Chiefs have a special section within the VIP section roped off for Mahomes’ brother’s TikToks <a href="https://t.co/dVs0GXlV7Y">pic.twitter.com/dVs0GXlV7Y</a></p>&mdash; Dan Duggan (@DDuggan21) <a href="https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1455296949796618241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DRM08 11-01-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928187)
"Average" is not "absolute shit"

Last week was horrible, but again, it was an extreme outlier.

If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball and someone gets ****in open in the red zone when Hill and Kelce are both double teamed, and of course if yet another tipped INT doesn't happen, I'm guessing tonight's number looks a lot better. And anyway he got the win, which is what good QBs do even when they have a bad game.

All I want is for people to get a ****ing grip and stop exaggerating when talking about his struggles. It's embarrassing.

50/100 QBR grade is absolute shit when the guy in question is able to drop a 80/100 or better type of game at will. He's done it for 3 years. He has never had this many games in a row of 50/100 and certainly not games in the 10-20 area for his QBR grade. He has lost his confidence. We will see if he can get it back.

petegz28 11-01-2021 11:06 PM

Mahomes has to learn how to play in the pocket. Period. He is uncomfortable being a pocket QB. He wants to run around and play backyard football and teams are taking that away.

He has to learn to stay in the pocket, make quicker reads and don't try to force the ball downfield as a first choice on every play.

Megatron96 11-01-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15928048)

Jesus. ****ing. christ. He didn't even see Kelce breaking wide the **** open RIGHT THERE 10 YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD.

If Pat had just stepped to his left then stepped up and flicked his wrist he had Kelce for a TD.

Something is wrong.

lcarus 11-01-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928206)
No. He has had two (2) bad games. And he still one won of them. We know he can still be elite because he's had four elite games THIS SEASON, and people like you are acting like he's the main problem on this team. It's ****ing bullshit.

I hope you don't get too sad when he has a great game next week. You really seem to enjoy the idea of him failing.

"You chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the ONE thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail. Fall. Die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?"

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15928210)
I like Mahomes as much as anyone on this board. That doesn't mean I won't criticize him if he is playing bad which he has been recently. I think he would admit it himself.

Brady plays like shit some games too, every QB does, they are human. Hopefully Mahomes can break out of it but it is concerning it's been several games in a row now.

Again, my point is that there's a difference between criticism and the sky-is-falling pseudo-psychological bullshit people are throwing around on here. Mahomes has his share of the blame, but the language some of you people are using about him is absolutely absurd.

"Hopefully" the best QB we've ever seen can "break out of" a streak of two (2) bad games. GOSH I SURE "HOPE" HE CAN DO THAT!!!!!!!

splatbass 11-01-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15928070)
Throughout the current shit show. Tyreek has been the lone bright spot. Dude just delivers.

Except for the times he let the ball go right through his hands into a defender’s hands. Or dropped a ball that hit him in the hands. He has had his own issues just like the other guys.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15928221)
Mahomes has to learn how to play in the pocket. Period. He is uncomfortable being a pocket QB. He wants to run around and play backyard football and teams are taking that away.

You are a dipshit. He was destroying teams in the pocket in his third NFL start. He threw six TDs.

Patrick has the yips and doesn't fully trust his new OL. That is all.

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928218)
50/100 QBR grade is absolute shit when the guy in question is able to drop a 80/100 or better type of game at will. He's done it for 3 years. He has never had this many games in a row of 50/100 and certainly not games in the 10-20 area for his QBR grade. He has lost his confidence. We will see if he can get it back.

50 doesn't magically become "absolute shit" just because a guy is capable of 80. It's literally average, which means you can't say he's broken or absolute shit or any of that. You can say it's disappointing considering what he's capable of, but it is not enough to start making ****ing mental diagnoses.

"We will see" if Patrick Mahomes can bounce back from the first back-to-back bad games of his career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to say for sure but "we will see"! !!! ! ! ! ! !

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15928223)
Jesus. ****ing. christ. He didn't even see Kelce breaking wide the **** open RIGHT THERE 10 YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD.

If Pat had just stepped to his left then stepped up and flicked his wrist he had Kelce for a TD.

Something is wrong.

Well, first of all, Kelce got open because Mahomes scrambled left. And second of all, if anything is "wrong" it's that he's saw that linebacker and remembered the kajillion batted/tipped INTs this year and just didn't go for it this time. He missed a play. It happens. Don't say "something is wrong" so ****ing ominously, it's obnoxious.