ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy, please let Mahomes be Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340684)

Chiefspants 11-07-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15941759)
He's missing reads, not throwing from a solid platform, he's lost some talent among his peers, he's making bad decisions. It's all fixable stuff. He just needs to adjust.

All of that I agree with. He did all of those things from the pocket and did so at an exceptional level to lead us to HFA in our Super Bowl winning year — which is why I’m going to push back so hard against the narrative that he “only knows how to play backyard football.”

He’s in a rut, a bad one, but to rewrite his history as an NFL QB as a Chiefs fan is stupid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941766)
Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick.

Like this. Easily one of the top 3 worst posts I’ve read on this website.

KC_Connection 11-07-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15941744)
Saying a QB can't be good as a pocket passer isn't a good thing guys.

The fact that you guys are throwing it out there as a defense for Mahomes is mind blowing.

I'd rather think he's in a slump than think he's limited or basically needs a specific playing style to be even mediocre.

I don’t call being able to make plays like the one that iced the game “limited” myself.

Bl00dyBizkitz 11-07-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 15941664)
Hey. Go check out 3rd n 10 at the end of the game.

Come back, tell me what happened, and then go play a game of hide and go **** yourself.

I'll concede he made a few great throws, including the game winning one. But outside of those, he was inaccurate all game and out of sync with his recievers.

I think he'll be fine and figure it all out, he's allowed to have a slump, but its literally fact that he's been struggling the last few weeks. I dont see how you can say otherwise.

petegz28 11-07-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15941763)
Where in my post do I say nothing is wrong? Obviously something is wrong and we don't have any answers.

Actually we do have an answer an it's a rather simple one. Take what the defense gives you. For example, today the defense gave us Kelce wide open for 1st downs twice and Mahomes chose not to take it.

Now some of that goes on Andy as teams continue to invite him to run the ball consistently and he consistently refuses to do it.

BigRedChief 11-07-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15941744)
Saying a QB can't be good as a pocket passer isn't a good thing guys.

The fact that you guys are throwing it out there as a defense for Mahomes is mind blowing.

I'd rather think he's in a slump than think he's limited or basically needs a specific playing style to be even mediocre.

I’m not saying ever. He will in time be a great pocket passer. Just not going to be this year. I’d rather this not be a lost season and a “learning” year.

KC_Connection 11-07-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941766)
Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick.

I would think the former but if he can't make the adjustment then it is not good.

Other fanbases are laughing hard at posts like this.

TEX 11-07-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15941728)
Cannot play backyard ball forever. Gotta learn for long term career..

Why not?

TLO 11-07-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15941777)

Yes they are

petegz28 11-07-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Which fan bases would that be?

Denver?
Las Vegas?
Los Angeles?
Buffalo?
Baltimore?

petegz28 11-07-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

I will say this...we have Patrick Mahomes and are in last place...

other fanbases sure as **** are laughing at us.....

dirk digler 11-07-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941773)
Actually we do have an answer an it's a rather simple one. Take what the defense gives you. For example, today the defense gave us Kelce wide open for 1st downs twice and Mahomes chose not to take it.

Now some of that goes on Andy as teams continue to invite him to run the ball consistently and he consistently refuses to do it.

For the most part he has been doing that but he has been really inaccurate this year. Not sure what the cause of that is. I am wondering if he just feels more comfortable dropping so far back but can't do that because Brown can't block that. Also obviously the turnovers have had a huge impact on his psyche.

petegz28 11-07-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15941796)
For the most part he has been doing that but he has been really inaccurate this year. Not sure what the cause of that is. I am wondering if he just feels more comfortable dropping so far back but can't do that because Brown can't block that. Also obviously the turnovers have had a huge impact on his psyche.

Look it, today was a breakout game for the team overall in the way of they were winning, losing, winning, losing. For the first time this season we won 2 games in a row.

It has not been pretty. Today was the first game I think we had all season with 0 turnovers.

So if we are to look at silver linings it's we won 2 in a row. Our defense held up 2 games in a roe and we didn't turn the ball over at all for the first time this season.

Mahomes and the offense still played like shit but hopefully that's the next show to drop in the form of a turnaround.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-07-2021 08:43 PM

Yes. Very Damon Huard-ish playcalling today.

BigRedChief 11-07-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941613)
If he can't adjust he is done. It's that simple.

ahhh for **** sakes Pete.

Chiefspants 11-07-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15941806)
Look it, today was a breakout game for the team overall in the way of they were winning, losing, winning, losing. For the first time this season we won 2 games in a row.

It has not been pretty. Today was the first game I think we had all season with 0 turnovers.

So if we are to look at silver linings it's we won 2 in a row. Our defense held up 2 games in a row and we didn't turn the ball over at all for the first time this season.

Mahomes and the offense still played like shit but hopefully that's the next show to drop in the form of a turnaround.

As someone who has staunchly disagreed with you this entire thread this is a good post.