ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chris Jones in Covid Protocol (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341268)

htismaqe 12-14-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16008179)
The only players that seem to have done poorly with Covid are a few of the olineman who were overweight.

I agree that it would be nice if there was an off-ramp, but I bet they will be doing these protocols next year too.

The NFL will doing this long after most people have moved on with their lives.

Don't disagree at all.

Titty Meat 12-14-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16008177)
How do you know he didn't? This is a pretty bold assumption given that we know that no amount of boosting provides 100% immunity.

Bro...

Kiimo 12-14-2021 12:30 PM

If you're curious which team gets screwed first this week it's the Browns

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> are placing the following players on the COVID-19 list: <br><br>Jarvis Landry<br>Wyatt Teller<br>Takk McKinley <br>Austin Hooper<br>Jedrick Wills <br>Drew Forbes<br>JoJo Natson<br>Ross Travis</p>&mdash; Camryn Justice (@camijustice) <a href="https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1470820700395036678?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat 12-14-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16008182)
Exactly. There's really no way to prevent exposure short of going all Bubble Boy.

Unfortunately, the players are represented by a union. It's never going to happen.

Something has to give.

Guys who have no symptoms should be allowed to play

tatorhog 12-14-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 16008160)
Jordan played a game with the flu while exhibiting symptoms. No one died. These guys are mostly asymptomatic. And they have had the shots. This is ****ing stupid.

That Jordan game was epic and is part of his legend. That kind of thing will NEVER happen again.

smithandrew051 12-14-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16008175)
Um, the Titans did EXACTLY this. Every team in the NFL looks for ways to squeeze more practice time out of the existing rules. You think they're going to voluntarily limit team activities for something like this? You're underestimating the lengths to which teams will go...

Oh I’m sure it’ll happen, but I’m also saying that they shouldn’t reschedule games for this either. If a team is irresponsible and half their team is out, then so be it.

Once it blows up in a few teams’ faces, you would think that would be enough.

Maybe the saying holds true though: “along will come a bigger idiot”

petegz28 12-14-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16008189)

I would lay $ that Jones had no symptoms...

Kiimo 12-14-2021 12:32 PM

Jordan didn't have the flu he had food poisoning

KC_Connection 12-14-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16008165)
What would be so bad about just getting rid of the Covid protocols completely and allowing the teams to police it themselves?

Teams likely wouldn’t be too irresponsible, since they wouldn’t want to risk losing half their roster for an important game.

The players have the option (and ample opportunity) to get vaccinated. If they really fear catching Covid, they should probably opt out of the season anyway. With all the travel and practices, they’re at risk even with restrictions in place.

Every player knows their risk. If they don’t know, they certainly have the resources to find out.

Is the League just scared of an asymptomatic player infecting an opposing team during game? Wouldn’t that be a risk anyway?

I just hate to see a player miss an important game when they’re well enough to compete given that the risk is present either way. Maybe just smaller with the current protocols.

The protocols have been stupid the entire time but they are especially dumb now that they’ve lessened the restrictions for all the vaccinated players as if vaccines completely prevent infection. Their own protocols are going to lead to a situation where potentially hundreds are infected and sitting out games with little to no symptoms.

TwistedChief 12-14-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16008176)
What will be an advantage is guys just staying home which isnt realistic. Half the team was at the plaza Sunday in a crowded bar you're going to be exposed regardless of vaccination status

Well, that's the social distancing part. I fully understand that players and their families might not do it and I totally get it. But for those that do and are willing to isolate, it's going to be an advantage given the current set of rules. We're not talking about isolation forever - we're talking about a max of 2 months until the Super Bowl concludes during a time where case counts are likely to be unprecedented.

htismaqe 12-14-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16008186)
Bro...

Answer the question. We KNOW that Chris Jones is vaccinated. If he wasn't, he'd be out 10 days, period.

We KNOW that you can still contract COVID, even asymptomatically, and still test positive in spite of being completely up to date on all shots and boosters.

Short of putting them in a plastic bubble, this is going to continue to happen. Not just this year. Not even next year.

FOREVER.

Is the NFL prepared to do this to their product forever? I for one ****ing hope not. It's not good for the game and quite frankly, it isn't good for the fight against COVID. It sends a very confusing message.

KCUnited 12-14-2021 12:33 PM

Yet Clete Blakeman lives

htismaqe 12-14-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16008189)

The rules don't work that way.

Test positive and you're out, regardless of vaccination status, contact status, natural immunity, or anything else.

DJ's left nut 12-14-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 16008174)
You do realize most the players testing positive are vaccinated right?

Yes he does.

This has been a trolling thing for a bit with him. Not sure why.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-14-2021 12:34 PM

And I love the NFL rules they’re so full of crap. If they really cared anyone around Josh Gordon on Sunday should be a close contact lol.