ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bills/ Bengals [cancelled - process in OP] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346826)

Graystoke 01-03-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16705738)
America is so weak.

What?

arrwheader 01-03-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilertiger (Post 16705748)
They could just play week 18 out as normal and only resume the Bengals Bills game if needed the following week (pushing back the playoffs). If this happens, its highly likely the game is a dead rubber for Bengals and they will just sit all their starters.

Logistics.

All the people buying tickets and trying to plan for playoff games not knowing where or when it is to be played?

Besides the game outcome IS needed in any scenario.

CupidStunt 01-03-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilertiger (Post 16705748)
They could just play week 18 out as normal and only resume the Bengals Bills game if needed the following week (pushing back the playoffs). If this happens, its highly likely the game is a dead rubber for Bengals and they will just sit all their starters.

I want to like the idea, but the "if needed" part is redundant - it's absolutely guaranteed that some team(s) will need an outcome to this game to determine their seeding or season altogether. Other than the Bills-Bengals themselves, that is.

TEX 01-03-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16705731)
The 2 teams involved are the only 2 teams it should affect. It is what it is.

Fact.

Ming the Merciless 01-03-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16705746)
This is going to go down with the Music City Miracle and Wide Right in Bills lore.

100%

Marcellus 01-03-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 16705753)
Cancelling it effects more teams than just them. If they use win percentage, the Ravens could beat Cincy next week and still not get the division. They need Cincy to play this game and lose.

I understand your point, but that's the whole thing. There's no solution that doesn't effect more than just these 2 teams. That's why I'm quite certain they'll play it. The logistics aren't even that hard. It's just handling the PR and making it a fair and reasonable situation for the players to have to play.

You don't really cancel anything, play tonight or tomorrow or Buffalo takes the L and you move on.

There is no "fair" at this point. That ship already sailed. It just is what it is and the 2 teams involved, mainly Buffalo will have to to take the hit if it comes down to it.

We have heard 1,000 times since last night its just a game, ok then well just take the L. Injuries affect the outcome of games all the time.

Ming the Merciless 01-03-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16705738)
America is so weak.

if only the mods could show some strength and ban your ass, you god damn bundle of logs

CupidStunt 01-03-2023 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 16705758)
Logistics.

All the people buying tickets and trying to plan for playoff games not knowing where or when it is to be played?

Besides the game outcome IS needed in any scenario.

It's not logistics. They'll make that work easy enough (just like during covid), the stadiums will sell out all the same, viewers will tune in all the same (maybe even moreso).

It's PR and their genuine or feigned concern for "making" the 2 teams play after an "appropriate" amount of time.

arrwheader 01-03-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 16705753)
Cancelling it effects more teams than just them. If they use win percentage, the Ravens could beat Cincy next week and still not get the division. They need Cincy to play this game and lose.

I understand your point, but that's the whole thing. There's no solution that doesn't effect more than just these 2 teams. That's why I'm quite certain they'll play it. The logistics aren't even that hard. It's just handling the PR and making it a fair and reasonable situation for the players to have to play.

I think the scenario of what someone mentioned about playing tomorrow then pushing games back Monday and adjusting those teams PO sched to the later game is what makes the most sense however,

I think that is not accounting for the Bills players and what they will think about that. They may have a mutiny about it. You also make two teams play on a short week after a freak injury. You take that situation out of it if you just don't play it and let everyone reset for Ssunday. If you just treat it like the bills lost a key player and lost the game because of it then it is easier.

Ming the Merciless 01-03-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 16705771)
If you just treat it like the bills lost a key player and lost the game because of it then it is easier.

If they can't play by Thursday night, and be willing to play by the following Monday then they should absolutely take an L

arrwheader 01-03-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16705763)
You don't really cancel anything, play tonight or tomorrow or Buffalo takes the L and you move on.

There is no "fair" at this point. That ship already sailed. It just is what it is and the 2 teams involved, mainly Buffalo will have to to take the hit if it comes down to it.

We have heard 1,000 times since last night its just a game, ok then well just take the L. Injuries affect the outcome of games all the time.

The more i think about it that is where I am at. Bills should treat it like a key player got hurt (Josh Allen) and they lost the game. Move on.

They were down when it happened. Sucks but everything else just makes it more complicated.

notorious 01-03-2023 09:28 AM

They shouldn’t adjust the playoffs. Play the makeup game tomorrow, week 18 on Monday. Give them the Sunday slots for the wildcard round.

We don’t need to get too carried away here.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2023 09:29 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(Ignoring games canceled by player strikes.)</p>&mdash; Quirky Research (@QuirkyResearch) <a href="https://twitter.com/QuirkyResearch/status/1610297041350967297?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Abba-Dabba 01-03-2023 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16705749)
I don't want to here these guys compare themselves to soldiers, warriors, or sports being similar to going to war ever again.

I get last night was traumatic, hell I wasn't in the mood to watch football let alone play it afterwards but its time to man up and stop playing victim. This is life, it was an unfortunate accident and the guy is still alive.

I don't want to hear it either. Hype themselves like they are going to war then hide behind a curtain when some real shit hits the fan. Not like these men don't try to physically hurt each other every play anyway. Get over it an move on. He's alive and in a place receiving the attention he needs. Get you million dollar asses back out there and entertain us!

Graystoke 01-03-2023 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16705766)
if only the mods could show some strength and ban your ass, you god damn bundle of logs

Mods please make this happen.