ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Who's gonna take Anthony Richardson..who's gonna do it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348154)

ChiefsFanatic 03-30-2023 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16882440)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthony Richardson combines good pocket awareness with the understanding that is arm is worth more than his legs. <br><br>Slides up into the pocket and surprises the backer by hitting a late cross-body throw. <br><br>He can do it all. <a href="https://t.co/GhI8xLZWHg">pic.twitter.com/GhI8xLZWHg</a></p>— JetPack Galileo (@JetPackGalileo) <a href="https://twitter.com/JetPackGalileo/status/1641497374509113345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stuff like this says he's further along than Hurts, Hurts was seriously run 1st in college..also Richardson is a far better pure athlete.

Honestly, if my team needed a QB, and Richardson was available, I would take him, and I wouldn't care at all if he was a bust.

I wouldn't care, because if he gets with a good head coach, a good OC, and good QB coach, and a decent veteran for him to backup for a year, and he HITS, holy shit man, it would be a home run.

I would much rather reach a little for Richardson in the top 10 (picks 4-10) than draft Bryce Young at 2 and have him be injured (or a bust) within a couple of years.

If Levis gets drafted ahead of Richardson, I really, really hope it's by the Raiders.

Kiimo 03-30-2023 11:56 PM

If Richardson is a bust he’d make an insane backup worst case scenario.

This is why Detroit should draft him. My guy is Stroud because nothing beats accuracy

ThyKingdomCome15 03-31-2023 01:28 AM

If he can get drafted by a good coach I think he can be really good. A poor system would ruin or at a minimum stunt his growth. Not sure what his accuracy or football IQ is but man, dude is on his own level as an athlete at that position. He's a special talent for sure.

bringbackmarty 03-31-2023 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16882677)
I'll take your mom's butt virginity

Meat! at least his mom has a job! jk meat, Great poist made us all moist.

BryanBusby 03-31-2023 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16883155)
55% is atrocious. What was Allen’s we all made fun of like 58%?

Allen at least had an excuse with a shit Wyoming squad.

kccrow 03-31-2023 02:31 AM

Not a QB class I'd be wanting to hinge my career on. Who the hell knows... feels like they are all swings so why not take the big one? I'd take Levis over them all but that's me. I wouldn't fault any team for gambling on Richardson.

saphojunkie 03-31-2023 03:18 AM

If Baltimore drafts him Lamar Jackson is ****ed. I don’t know what other franchise is going to sign him to a massive deal. Sure seems like the book is written on him.

tredadda 03-31-2023 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16883416)
If Baltimore drafts him Lamar Jackson is ****ed. I don’t know what other franchise is going to sign him to a massive deal. Sure seems like the book is written on him.

True, but I would be stunned if he is still there when Baltimore picks. This guy should go top 10 as his upside would be too appealing. While I don’t think they will, I would be intrigued to see him in Carolina with a HC like Reich.

htismaqe 03-31-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16883001)
Remember for a long time Mahomes was projected as 2nd to 3rd rounder until KC traded up for him. The rest is history and there will be teams that see the raw talent and upside and take a chance on him. Better to swing for the possible next Mahomes vs staying safe and possibly ending up with the next Trubisky.

The pundits are wrong more than they are right.

Looking at how the 2017 draft played out, there were several teams that had Mahomes as a high 1st rounder. The pundits were guessing that he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, NFL teams obviously saw things they didn't.

The same could be true of Richardson as well, only in the opposite. Everybody is rating him high but for all we know, the NFL doesn't view him that way. I mean, look at Malik Willis, for example.

tredadda 03-31-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16883710)

Looking at how the 2017 draft played out, there were several teams that had Mahomes as a high 1st rounder. The pundits were guessing that he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, NFL teams obviously saw things they didn't.

The same could be true of Richardson as well, only in the opposite. Everybody is rating him high but for all we know, the NFL doesn't view him that way. I mean, look at Malik Willis, for example.

Absolutely. I just know the NFL is a copycat league. Mahomes is the standard now and because of that, team are more willing to risk it on a high upside QB. There are some solid, but not sure fire QBs in this draft. Might as well roll the dice on the one with the most upside. Plenty of teams have played it safe and don't have much to show for it. There are no Burrows or Lawrences in this draft. As much as we think we know what a team does and values, they always surprise us. I guess we will know in a month though.

Kiimo 03-31-2023 10:01 AM

The Josh Allen comp makes people automatically think of Josh Allen in the NFL at his prime on the days when he isn't awful.

When I say Josh Allen I mean college Josh Allen who very easily could have never worked it out. It's a good comp.

edit: and Josh Allen has Whathleticism which is a term I just made up that means extremely athletic for a white guy

staylor26 03-31-2023 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16883162)
I totally understand that thought process. I'm not even saying the guy will be bad (and am really pulling for him as he's a good kid). I'm just saying I think there's certainly scope for him to end up disappointing in a material way, especially if he finds himself in the wrong situation.

And while Fields doesn't have the athleticism of Richardson, he's leagues more evolved as an actual QB. If Fields and Richardson were in the same draft class, I'd definitely take Fields.

That's fair, but Fields threw for just 2,200 yards and had just 17 TDs and 11 INTs last year, hence the floor comparison.

Mecca 03-31-2023 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16883710)

What is pushing Richardson more than anything is Young and Stroud are not slam dunks.

Kiimo 03-31-2023 10:11 AM

Fields doesn't have the athleticism of Richardson it's true but that's only because Richardson is basically Achilles from an Epic Poem come to life.

Fields has insane athleticism compared to like, anybody else.

Gravedigger 03-31-2023 10:12 AM

Would be funny to see Baltimore repeat Lamar Jackson.