ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

irishjayhawk 06-13-2010 10:05 PM

Reaper, I'm really thinking you should give Rubicon a chance. If you can get past the slow-ness, I think it might actually be a fun ride.

Also, another thought: Aaron Paul should win the Emmy based on his face in the last minute of this episode. Forget the hospital scene. :p

irishjayhawk 06-13-2010 10:07 PM

In case you wondering Reaper, there's an answer to your suspense given by Vince in an interview to Sepinwall.

Spoiler!

notorious 06-13-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6819302)
In case you wondering Reaper, there's an answer to your suspense given by Vince in an interview to Sepinwall.

Spoiler!

That's what they want you to think. :)

Reaper16 06-14-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6819295)
Reaper, I'm really thinking you should give Rubicon a chance. If you can get past the slow-ness, I think it might actually be a fun ride.

I will give it a chance, if only because AMC's track record so far is legendary. I must not have been in the right mindset for that pilot.

Buck 06-14-2010 12:35 AM

I thought this episode was supposed to be longer, and my DVR grouped Breaking Bad and Rubicon as one show so I thought the episode was supposed to be 1:48 long.

Buck 06-14-2010 12:46 AM

Awesome episode. As close to perfection one episode of a TV show can be. Back to back weeks that were just awesome.

Zebedee DuBois 06-14-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6819295)
Aaron Paul should win the Emmy based on his face in the last minute of this episode.

Valid statement.

Reaper16 06-14-2010 08:27 AM

I am stunned at the strength of BB's writers. Vince Gilligan has interviews up w/ Sepinwall and at AV Club, and he remarks in both that they didn't plan out season 3 from start to finish. They mostly winged it! Yet there were no dropped plot points, no jarring inconsistencies, nothing that resulted in anything less than one of the best seasons of TV that a drama has had (not quite as good as BB season 2, a season that was planned out fwiw). BB's writers are super-good and most other dramas ought to be ashamed of themselves; here's BB, writing episode-to-episode like you other dramas, and they come out with perfection while you come out with far less.

Buck 06-14-2010 05:31 PM

I hope that season 4 is planned out.

Zebedee DuBois 06-14-2010 06:12 PM

Walt: I'm going to need some type of assurance.
Mike: I can assure you I can kill you from all the way over here.

That exchange made me chuckle.

notorious 06-14-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6819427)
I thought this episode was supposed to be longer, and my DVR grouped Breaking Bad and Rubicon as one show so I thought the episode was supposed to be 1:48 long.

This.

Zebedee DuBois 06-15-2010 03:15 PM

They made Gale a pretty interesting fellow, just to kill him off. His musical tastes were fun.

MahiMike 06-15-2010 06:26 PM

My FAVORITE show! I DVR it each week. The last 2 episodes were intense. Walt has gotten a taste for killing and is not afraid to use it. Crazy how Jesse was the voice of reason only to repay the favor for killing Gayle (if he did).

They've gotten some good newer characters to make up for the lame wife. Saul, Mike, the Cartel boss, Gayle, the twin killer brothers.

I was a little pissed the last episode was cut short to shove the new series our way, however...

MahiMike 06-15-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6803422)
Here is what one of my less intelligent friends has to say.

"I refuse to watch "Breaking Bad". He's selling meth and that's completely unacceptable. People are like "It's great drama/writing/acting!" I don't give a ****. That's like if they had a show about a guy who raped kids for money to save his family. I don't give a damn what the reason is, the action is unacceptable and not worth acknowledging. Meth is death."

My response, "FWIW this is one of the stupidest reasons I've ever heard on why not to watch a show. You know there is another side of the story where there are people trying to get the drugs off the street. That would be like saying, "I won't watch The Wire because of the Heroin and Cocaine that they sell." There is so much other stuff in the show other than Meth."

I watch it with my 16 y/o daughter to show her what happens if you do drugs. It's a great way to discuss drugs w/your kid.

MahiMike 06-15-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl (Post 6817012)
I'm thinking Walt will end up killing Gus and rises in power with the Cartel families, Hank will really end up surprised some day to see the head of it all is Walt. Oh yea I hate Hank by the way....

Really? Why? He's cool.

Buck 06-15-2010 06:34 PM

Yeah I was mad that Gale was shot too, but it was necessary for the story line. I always like seeing actors from The Wire pop up elsewhere.

notorious 06-15-2010 07:33 PM

Hank is ****ing awesome.

Besides, he is just about the only character that has any morals left.

notorious 06-15-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6823735)
Yeah I was mad that Gale was shot too, but it was necessary for the story line. I always like seeing actors from The Wire pop up elsewhere.

Gale reminds me of the cook on Star Trek Voyager.

Buck 06-15-2010 07:54 PM

I always disliked Marie before this season started, then Skyler became a beeyotch and she took that spot. Marie started looking good to me, and then after that handy, she was just plain hot.

KcMizzou 06-15-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6823948)
I always disliked Marie before this season started, then Skyler became a beeyotch and she took that spot. Marie started looking good to me, and then after that handy, she was just plain hot.

She was obnoxious in the beginning. Seeing how she's reacted to Hank's trials and tribulations has made her much more likable. If nothing else... she's a loving wife.

A lot of people are like that. Concerned with silly things that don't really matter.... but when the shit goes down, the real person comes out.

KcMizzou 06-15-2010 08:24 PM

If I were Jesse... I think I'd have taken Walt's advice, and just run. I'd just disappear. He's supposedly got the money, and what's he got to stick around for?

notorious 06-15-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6824038)
If I were Jesse... I think I'd have taken Walt's advice, and just run. I'd just disappear. He's supposedly got the money, and what's he got to stick around for?

Jesse's is a gigantic idiot. He has ****ed up non-stop, and will continue to do so.

Buck 06-15-2010 10:49 PM

Season 1 DVD on sale for $12.49 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eapassgam08-20

Season 2 DVD on sale for $17.49 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...eapassgam08-20

Thig Lyfe 06-15-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6824404)

Holy shit.

I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on that. I wish I were a little more compulsive sometimes...

irishjayhawk 06-16-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6824038)

The fear that they will find you. And he didn't even know about the Cousins but he had to know that Gus would have the man power.

badgirl 06-16-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6823735)

How do you know Gale was actually shot? It didn't show him get shot, I think it left it unknown for the new season. jessie moved the gun a little, the new season may have him shooting at the wall, he was so nervous and hated doing it so badly I don't think he actually did shoot Gale.

Buck 06-16-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl (Post 6826154)
How do you know Gale was actually shot? It didn't show him get shot, I think it left it unknown for the new season. jessie moved the gun a little, the new season may have him shooting at the wall, he was so nervous and hated doing it so badly I don't think he actually did shoot Gale.

He got shot. He didn't move the gun at all. That was the camera moving and then focusing in on the gun from Jesse's face making it appear to move. The writer of the show has come out and said as much also.

Zebedee DuBois 06-16-2010 07:24 PM

Who wins a cage match between Mike and the Cousins (if they were still alive)? Mike was a bad-ass in this episode.

badgirl 06-16-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6826168)
He got shot. He didn't move the gun at all. That was the camera moving and then focusing in on the gun from Jesse's face making it appear to move. The writer of the show has come out and said as much also.

Where does the writer say he got shot? Why would he say anything about how the new season was going to start?

Buck 06-16-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgirl (Post 6826262)
Where does the writer say he got shot? Why would he say anything about how the new season was going to start?

Because you were never meant to think that he wasn't shot. I thought it was pretty clear. Here is the link if you want to read it.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan,42064/

irishjayhawk 06-17-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6826282)
Because you were never meant to think that he wasn't shot. I thought it was pretty clear. Here is the link if you want to read it.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan,42064/

I didn't get the initial camera movement anchor people dropped. I then re-watched it and STILL didn't get it.

So I'm not sure what people think. The camera clearly moves to point of gun, rack focuses on gun tip and then white/black flash.

Buck 06-17-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6827052)
I didn't get the initial camera movement anchor people dropped. I then re-watched it and STILL didn't get it.

So I'm not sure what people think. The camera clearly moves to point of gun, rack focuses on gun tip and then white/black flash.

Yeah I know. Check this gif out. Stare at his hand. Other than trembling, it DOES NOT MOVE. I don't get the big deal.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...6549546335.gif

CoMoChief 06-18-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6827185)
Yeah I know. Check this gif out. Stare at his hand. Other than trembling, it DOES NOT MOVE. I don't get the big deal.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...6549546335.gif

Think of it this way, if those guys caught up to Jesse and Jesse was the one who was shot, there wouldn't be another season to build off that, because then they would just go and kill Walt.

CoMoChief 06-18-2010 11:31 AM

Jesse Pinkman looks a lot like Zack Greinke.

irishjayhawk 06-18-2010 12:12 PM

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2010/06/bad.html

Buck 06-18-2010 12:17 PM

If Gale ends up living that would be so lame in my opinion.

irishjayhawk 06-18-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6830185)
If Gale ends up living that would be so lame in my opinion.

Could go with a miss, recomposure, and then cap.

But yeah, I would agree.

Zebedee DuBois 06-18-2010 12:20 PM

Why would he even pull the trigger if not to be lethal?
A 'scare shot' or 'frustration shot' serves no purpose.

Poor Gale is gone. Who gets his record collection?

Buck 06-18-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6830194)
Could go with a miss, recomposure, and then cap.

But yeah, I would agree.

Walt killed the esse's for Jesse. Jesse killed Gale for Walt.

It was ****ing poetic.

If that changes I would be upset.

Brock 06-18-2010 12:23 PM

It appears they're going to want to leave it open-ended. So if they decide they want to keep Gale around, they could contrive Jesse actually shooting Gus' thug or something.

KCwolf 06-20-2010 09:56 PM

uhhhhh.....this Sunday night Sucked Balls. Gonna be a long wait for the BEST

TV show out there.

Reaper16 07-21-2010 04:02 PM

http://kcpdchief.blogspot.com/2010/0...-old-meth.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_y7NgL5zbq3.../blue+meth.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas City Police Chief's blog
In the last two months or so, police have started seeing a new trend in drugs in Kansas City: blue meth. It had shown up at a few other spots around the country, but we've only recently been recovering it around here. We haven't seen a huge amount, but it was enough that I wanted to tell you about it so you know to call police if you see something like it.

Our undercover units have encountered it a few times, and our Shoal Creek Patrol Division has made four arrests in the last three weeks in which blue meth was recovered. We do know that it is not chemically different than regular methamphetamine. Our crime lab has tested all of it and has determined the active ingredients remain the same, and the blue version is no more potent than the regular meth our officers have recovered. (As an aside - almost all the meth we've recovered lately has been relatively strong, thus presenting even greater risks than meth normally does.) The color could be coming from something as simple as food coloring. Unfortunately, we don't know where the blue meth is coming from.

Our Drug Enforcement Unit has several theories about why some meth manufacturers are making it blue. One is that the field test police use to determine whether a substance is methamphetamine is blue, and perhaps criminals are making the meth the same color to make the test harder to read. But the tests continue to work just as well on the blue meth as they do on any other, and besides, all drugs that are field tested are later re-tested for confirmation in our crime lab. Another theory is that the blue could be the mark of the manufacturer, like how ecstasy makers stamp pills with pictures to indicate where they came from or that they're "high quality." Still another hypothesis is that the manufacturers are simply copying the TV show on AMC called "Breaking Bad," which features a character who makes meth and dyes it blue.

Whatever the reason, people in Kansas City are making, using and selling blue meth. It is not more potent or chemically different than the regular kind, but it is just as dangerous. If you suspect meth use, distribution or manufacturing, call police.

KcMizzou 07-21-2010 04:56 PM

Marketing genius.

Buck 07-21-2010 05:50 PM

Except they don't dye it blue. That's natural.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe 07-21-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6891807)
Except they don't dye it blue. That's natural.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, that really bugs me. Typical flatfoot.

Mojo Jojo 07-22-2010 11:47 AM

Update to KCMO meth story:
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ld-be-to-blame

MahiMike 11-04-2010 05:35 AM

When does this show start up again?

irishjayhawk 11-04-2010 05:37 AM

June/July, I believe. Unfortunately.

Buck 11-04-2010 05:47 AM

Oh, I was meaning to find this thread.

Because Breaking Bad doesn't start until July 2011, it is not eligible for next year's Emmys, meaning that Bryan Cranston won't get a chance to 4-peat.

I wonder if this has anything to do at all with AMC wanting Jon Hamm to win an Emmy. Probably not, but it could...

eazyb81 11-04-2010 06:44 AM

Another annoyance is that AMC keeps pushing back the encore of Season 3 episodes.

They were originally supposed to begin airing them this summer, but delayed it without announcing a new start date.

MahiMike 11-04-2010 03:33 PM

July 2011??!!! That's crazy.

notorious 11-04-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 7145595)
July 2011??!!! That's crazy.

This.

CoMoChief 11-04-2010 04:04 PM

Love this show. Last season's finale was EPIC.

irishjayhawk 11-04-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7144267)
Oh, I was meaning to find this thread.

Because Breaking Bad doesn't start until July 2011, it is not eligible for next year's Emmys, meaning that Bryan Cranston won't get a chance to 4-peat.

I wonder if this has anything to do at all with AMC wanting Jon Hamm to win an Emmy. Probably not, but it could...

Actually, I think it's an emmy rule that no one can go further than 3-peat.

Buck 11-04-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7145942)
Actually, I think it's an emmy rule that no one can go further than 3-peat.

Really? That's one of the lamest things I've ever heard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 01-24-2011 08:10 PM

So for the past 3 days I've had this ****ing fly in my bedroom just annoying the shit out of me. I can't ****ing catch it and all it does is fly in front of my TV, then land, then in front of my TV, etc.

It has made me appreciate that episode "Fly" a lot more. Maybe if I watch it the fly will disappear.

PunkinDrublic 03-09-2011 09:34 PM

I've got a couple episodes left to watch. This show rules can't wait for season 4.

Deberg_1990 03-09-2011 09:37 PM

When does the new season premiere? Should be soon right?

Buck 03-09-2011 09:37 PM

I think around June/July

PunkinDrublic 03-09-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7478507)
When does the new season premiere? Should be soon right?

I think someone posted that it starts in July.

Reaper16 03-10-2011 01:20 AM

Yeah, it SHOULD be starting this month. Instead, it will start in July. This is, of course, the very worst thing in the entire world.

Buck 03-10-2011 01:21 AM

I've been watching the Season 3 Marathon they've been showing tonight....well not sure if its a Marathon, but the BIG Hank episode and the following one at least.

Buck 03-10-2011 04:54 PM

Okay like a huge nerd I just read this whole thread again. Did we ever find out who the voice was on the phone who called Hank as he was sitting in his car to warn him that the Mexican twins were going to ambush him?

I was thinking Gus at first, and that sort of makes sense because he got rid of the twins and I think he called the DEA on his contact in Mexico. I guess it gave him a chance to make more money, but I'm not quite sure.

eazyb81 03-10-2011 04:57 PM

Have they even advertised the encore they are running now?

I didn't even realize it started until I randomly looked at the AMC website a week or two ago, and I ended up missing the first 3 episodes of Season 3. As far as I can tell, they are not replaying them much, so if you miss it the week it is on you are SOL.

Thig Lyfe 03-10-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7480616)
Okay like a huge nerd I just read this whole thread again. Did we ever find out who the voice was on the phone who called Hank as he was sitting in his car to warn him that the Mexican twins were going to ambush him?

I was thinking Gus at first, and that sort of makes sense because he got rid of the twins and I think he called the DEA on his contact in Mexico. I guess it gave him a chance to make more money, but I'm not quite sure.

I think it was Mike the Cleaner on behalf of Gus. He's pretty much Gus' eyes and ears and would have been in position to make the warning.

eazyb81 03-10-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7480616)

I think it has to be Gus, or a Gus henchman. I don't think it has ever been verified though.

Buck 03-10-2011 04:58 PM

Yeah they actually have....well if you are watching AMC. I usually just put my TV on AMC if I can't find anything on and they have commercials for it all the time.

Thig Lyfe 03-10-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7480631)
Have they even advertised the encore they are running now?

I didn't even realize it started until I randomly looked at the AMC website a week or two ago, and I ended up missing the first 3 episodes of Season 3. As far as I can tell, they are not replaying them much, so if you miss it the week it is on you are SOL.

AMC is insanely frugal when it comes to re-runs. Do they have to pay more in royalties if they re-run shows more often or something?

Buck 03-10-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7480635)
I think it was Mike the Cleaner on behalf of Gus. He's pretty much Gus' eyes and ears and would have been in position to make the warning.

Is that Mike guy working with both Gus and Saul?

Are the two connected in any way? Gus and Saul that is.

Demonpenz 03-10-2011 05:09 PM

someone gets free rep if they can figure out why that dudes name is gus

Buck 03-10-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7480684)
someone gets free rep if they can figure out why that dudes name is gus

His name is Gustavo Fring.

I'm assuming he's the son of some kind of Latin American Mother and German Father.

I think very early in the show Tuco's uncle (as a younger man) said to the Twins never trust a South-American or maybe South-Americans are dirty rats or something to that effect.

That could have forshadowed their relatioinship with Gustavo "Gus" who was South-American and turned his back on them.

Thig Lyfe 03-10-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7480645)
Is that Mike guy working with both Gus and Saul?

Are the two connected in any way? Gus and Saul that is.

Yeah, but Saul doesn't know that Mike works for Gus. Saul thinks Mike is his special ace in the hole, but Mike is actually Gus' right hand man.

keg in kc 04-04-2011 09:23 PM

For anybody (like me...) who's never watched the show, AMC is airing them from the beginning starting Wednesday night at 11:30 central (first 2 episodes).

Buck 04-04-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7538953)
For anybody (like me...) who's never watched the show, AMC is airing them from the beginning starting Wednesday night at 11:30 central (first 2 episodes).

Damn wtf. You have a good taste in shows I'm surprised you've never seen it.

keg in kc 04-04-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagisil (Post 7538963)
Damn wtf. You have a good taste in shows I'm surprised you've never seen it.

I missed the first season, and I didn't want to start watching it in the middle. Was just waiting for a replay from the beginning.

(I've never watched Mad Men either.)

keg in kc 04-07-2011 12:21 PM

Awesome pilot.

kcxiv 04-07-2011 12:25 PM

IT gets better and better and better. lol

Demonpenz 04-07-2011 12:45 PM

it gets to the point where you have never seen anything so good in your life.

Buck 04-07-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7545542)
it gets to the point where you have never seen anything so good in your life.

QFT

notorious 04-07-2011 07:02 PM

It is the perfect TV show.