ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314951)

O.city 04-23-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13527978)
That would be my preference as well. We can add good talent in rounds 2-4 and avoid the big 1st round contracts at the same time...

You actually want the first round contract, especially a late first. You get that cheap 5th year if the guy hits.

SAUTO 04-23-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13527978)
That would be my preference as well. We can add good talent in rounds 2-4 and avoid the big 1st round contracts at the same time...

If the meat is 3 4 and 5 why would you trade multiple of those picks for one? That line of thinking makes no sense

BossChief 04-23-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527981)
If the meat is 3 4 and 5 why would you trade multiple of those picks for one? That line of thinking makes no sense

Who is saying to do that?

Willie Lanier 04-23-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527979)
Iirc Houston was a 3rd

Indeed he was

Slipped because of a failed drug test (weed) at the combine

SAUTO 04-23-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527986)
Who is saying to do that?

Well everyone that wants to trade up.
I think you guys are being vey unrealistic on what that takes.

But we will see

SAUTO 04-23-2018 11:48 AM

I mean you seriously think these teams want picks this year in rounds 2 through 4 but are going to be happy with next year's rams pick and this year's 2nd?

That's not helping this year.

This year's 3rd and a 2nd next is even more idiotic

Rausch 04-23-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527981)

I'm saying I wouldn't unless some highly talented guy fell.

Think Randy Moss or Aaron Rogers.

My preference is to stay put...

BossChief 04-23-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527989)
Well everyone that wants to trade up.
I think you guys are being vey unrealistic on what that takes.

But we will see

I used the draft value chart for scenarios I proposed and none of them included using multiple picks this year to move up.

I want them to use the Peters pick from LA and possibly another 2 or 3 from next year depending on how the draft plays out and who’s on the board.

If this draft has (and it does) 3rd round talents that project to fall to the mid 4th, I have no problem moving a pick or 2 in next years draft to go get them now.

I want Mahomes to not just score a lot, but to win a lot.

Load the defense and take advantage of the true strengths of the 2018 draft to do so.

BossChief 04-23-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13527991)
I mean you seriously think these teams want picks this year in rounds 2 through 4 but are going to be happy with next year's rams pick and this year's 2nd?

That's not helping this year.

This year's 3rd and a 2nd next is even more idiotic

Look through Bill Billicecks draft trade history.

He loves trading down for future picks in trades just like that.

He’s at pick 31 and Philly wants to move down and has 32. If we threw them a 2+4 this year and the Peters pick, that’s probably a done deal.

Shoes 04-23-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527999)
I used the draft value chart for scenarios I proposed and none of them included using multiple picks this year to move up.

I want them to use the Peters pick from LA and possibly another 2 or 3 from next year depending on how the draft plays out and who’s on the board.

If this draft has (and it does) 3rd round talents that project to fall to the mid 4th, I have no problem moving a pick or 2 in next years draft to go get them now.

Load the defense and take advantage of the true strengths of the 2018 draft to do so.

I don't know how realistic it is to think that many teams are going to want to trade down for picks in next season's draft. I mean a few trades happened last year that were for next seasons selection:

Saints receive:
2017 3rd round pick (No. 67)

49ers receive:
2018 2nd round pick
2017 7th round pick (No. 229)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos receive:
2018 4th round pick

49ers receive:
2017 5th round pick (No. 177)
Kapri Bibbs

Jets receive:
2018 5th round pick

Cowboys receive:
2017 6th round pick (No. 191)

So it seems any draft pick in 2019 is valued as 1 round later in 2018 (2019 Rams 2nd round pick valued as a 3rd round pick in 2018). Further more lets look at some early 2nd round pick trades from last season:

Cardinals receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 36)

Bears receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 45)
2017 fourth-round pick (No. 119)
2017 sixth-round pick (No. 197)
2018 fourth-round pick

Bills receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 37)
2017 fifth-round pick (No. 149)

Rams receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 44)
2017 third-round pick (No. 91)

Vikings receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 41)

Bengals receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 48)
2017 fourth-round pick (No. 128)

Bills receive:
2017 second-round pick (No. 63)

Falcons receive:
2017 third-round pick (No. 75)
2017 fifth-round pick (No. 149)
2017 fifth-round pick (No. 156)

Out of all those trades the Bills dropped the most by 12 spots- I just think teams who want to move down do so to recoup draft picks for this season specifically. Maybe there's another Kamara trade out there to acquire some more 2018 draft capital but it's not gonna be an easy task to load up in this draft class. We just don't have the picks to do so.

SAUTO 04-23-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527999)

if thats the case why would these teams who also believe that and want to trade down to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT take any picks in next year's draft?

BossChief 04-23-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13528049)
if thats the case why would these teams who also believe that and want to trade down to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT take any picks in next year's draft?

Let’s say you're Howie Roseman or Bill Billichick and you feel you can get a guy at 54 that will help you just as much as the guy at 32.

Take the 2019 2nd and maybe even use it to move around some more...while still making a selection in the second round in a deep draft.

It all depends on how the draft unfolds.

Veach basically says he wants to move up in every scenario presented. He says he has a group of players in a certain grouping (he refers to them as pockets) that he wants to move up for as that pocket depletes.

Maybe our 2nd rounder and second 4th this year and next years 2 gets us from 54 to 31/32 and gets us a difference making CB if there’s a run on them in the teens-early 20s...maybe that run doesn’t start till the mid to late 20s and Veach sees 5 or 6 he would be happy with...then he wouldn’t need to move up nearly as far, if at all.

Everything depends on how that first round plays out.

Buckweath 04-23-2018 01:10 PM

I'll say one thing. I am 99% sure that Veach will trade that next year Rams' 2nd round pick (or the Chiefs').

SAUTO 04-23-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13528067)
Let’s say you're Howie Roseman or Bill Billichick and you feel you can get a guy at 54 that will help you just as much as the guy at 32.

Take the 2019 2nd and maybe even use it to move around some more...while still making a selection in the second round in a deep draft.

It all depends on how the draft unfolds.

Veach basically says he wants to move up in every scenario presented. He says he has a group of players in a certain grouping (he refers to them as pockets) that he wants to move up for as that pocket depletes.

Maybe our 2nd rounder and second 4th this year and next years 2 gets us from 54 to 31/32 and gets us a difference making CB if there’s a run on them in the teens-early 20s...maybe that run doesn’t start till the mid to late 20s and Veach sees 5 or 6 he would be happy with...then he wouldn’t need to move up nearly as far, if at all.

Everything depends on how that first round plays out.

i dont believe it

ct 04-23-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13527757)
Interesting notes from the MMQB by Peter King:

Quote:

2. Philadelphia—Connor Williams, G-T, Texas

But I think the Eagles are much more likely to deal this pick; I just don’t know to whom.They’re seeking a trade—that I can tell you. Philadelphia has no pick in rounds two or three, and the Eagles don’t pick until the end of round four. So as of now, they go from 33 to 129 without a pick. That’s why they’ll be trying to deal all night Thursday. If they stick … The Eagles have a 35-year-old left tackle, Jason Peters, coming off major injury, and starting guards (Stefan Wisniewski and Brandon Brooks) who will be 29 this season. Connor’s the perfect pick for them, in the unlikely event they stick.
Quote:

There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”
A trade with Philly makes too much sense seeing as how Veach used to work with everyone there. 2nd, first 3rd and a 6th sounds fair to me.

OR...

sit tight with the FIVE picks we have from 54-124 and enjoy the deep draft class.

I'd love to grab a blue chip CB too, but givin the way the board is shaping out, i lean towards sitting tight, and the MOST i do is move up 10-15 in the 2nd round, and only offer a 4th to do it.

ct 04-23-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13527788)
of course he does.

Peters was traded
They tried to trade Nelson
Gaines is gone
Mitchell is gone
Acker is gone

**** moving down from 54.

This class has difference making CBs on cost controlled rookie deals.

Get 2.

Move next years 2 and one of this years 3s to get up to the early to mid 2nd and take a CB and then take another one at 54...or a safety.

Gotta take advantage of the drafts skill depth at certain positions...what Veach called “pockets”.

This i would do for sure if somebody bought it. Imagine grabbing a CB - Davis & S - Reid in the 2nd. I'm in.

O.city 04-23-2018 01:45 PM

YEah, I'm more into moving up in the 2nd than going to the first. 54 to 32 is a ways to go and would be pricey.

jjchieffan 04-23-2018 02:14 PM

I expect to see a trade up into the late 1st or early second that includes a player. I'm not sure who that would be. Last year, I believe that we trade TE O'Shags to the Pats for a 5th. Nobody saw that coming. We loaded up at RB. Maybe we trade West or Ware? Or maybe Nelson? We already tried to trade him once. Harris could be an option too. Maybe Dee Ford? Who knows. But I would bet someone is gone on Thursday or Friday as part of a trade up package.

tmax63 04-23-2018 02:24 PM

The only reason to move up into the 1st is for the 5th year option. Depends on who you're getting at that point as to whether that's important or not.

tmax63 04-23-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13528143)
I expect to see a trade up into the late 1st or early second that includes a player. I'm not sure who that would be. Last year, I believe that we trade TE O'Shags to the Pats for a 5th. Nobody saw that coming. We loaded up at RB. Maybe we trade West or Ware? Or maybe Nelson? We already tried to trade him once. Harris could be an option too. Maybe Dee Ford? Who knows. But I would bet someone is gone on Thursday or Friday as part of a trade up package.

I can see one of the RBs being used to "sweeten the pot".

MahiMike 04-23-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13528000)
Look through Bill Billicecks draft trade history.

He loves trading down for future picks in trades just like that.

He’s at pick 31 and Philly wants to move down and has 32. If we threw them a 2+4 this year and the Peters pick, that’s probably a done deal.

Good point.

SAUTO 04-23-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13528157)
Good point.

Not imo.

The article said Philly wants to trade down for picks in rounds 234 this year.

B B usually gets a1st the next year if he's moving his 1st iirc. Especially when he's wanting a qb...

They are wanting to move up imo

RunKC 04-23-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 13528121)
OR...

sit tight with the FIVE picks we have from 54-124 and enjoy the deep draft class.

I'd love to grab a blue chip CB too, but givin the way the board is shaping out, i lean towards sitting tight, and the MOST i do is move up 10-15 in the 2nd round, and only offer a 4th to do it.

I don’t think Veach wants to come out of this draft without an instant day 1 starter that he can really believe in at corner.

I’m thinking he wants one of the top 6. I’m going with Isaiah Oliver.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13528233)
I don’t think Veach wants to come out of this draft without an instant day 1 starter that he can really believe in at corner.

I’m thinking he wants one of the top 6. I’m going with Isaiah Oliver.

Oliver passes the Dorsey prerequisites

SAUTO 04-23-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13528235)
Oliver passes the Dorsey prerequisites

You've gotten to be fairly annoying with this shit

RunKC 04-23-2018 03:22 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dorsey trade back into the first rd for Isaiah Oliver.

They have been all over the kid and it makes sense bc he’s the exact type of player Dorsey loves.

Dude has 33 1/2 inch arms. For reference, Richard Sherman has 32, Josh Norman has 32 3/4 and Marcus Peters has 31 1/2. That alone probably made Dorsey move this kid up his board LMAO

The Franchise 04-23-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13528245)
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dorsey trade back into the first rd for Isaiah Oliver.

They have been all over the kid and it makes sense bc he’s the exact type of player Dorsey loves.

Dude has 33 1/2 inch arms. For reference, Richard Sherman has 32, Josh Norman has 32 3/4 and Marcus Peters has 31 1/2. That alone probably made Dorsey move this kid up his board LMAO

Or he could just trade up from 33.

The Franchise 04-24-2018 09:34 AM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mo...mqb-peter-king

Quote:

There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”

Pitt Gorilla 04-24-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13529054)

Which is exactly why the Chiefs should not trade up.

BryanBusby 04-24-2018 09:51 AM

• There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”

From the departments of duh and no shit, Sherlock. Exactly why I said the Chiefs would be ****ing reeruned to offer market value in any trade up scenario.

BossChief 04-24-2018 10:54 AM

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone suggesting KC should package a bunch of picks from this draft to move up. Those of us wanting to move up want to do so using picks from next year.

Stryker 04-24-2018 11:24 AM

I don't think the Chiefs will trade up into the first round. I think they stay put and hopefully, draft wisely with the 8 picks that they have.

BryanBusby 04-24-2018 11:31 AM

I could see them easily parting with one of the 4ths to move up 5-10 slots if a guy Veach is locked in on gets within range. Nothing wrong with that.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13529175)
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone suggesting KC should package a bunch of picks from this draft to move up. Those of us wanting to move up want to do so using picks from next year.

Did you actually read that article?

Teams wanting to move down want multiple 2nd and 3rds THIS YEAR.

O.city 04-24-2018 11:34 AM

Yeah, I don't know how good that 2nd next year will be.

I wonder if they could flip it for a player elsewhere. I know that makes contracts weird though.

O.city 04-24-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13529233)
I could see them easily parting with one of the 4ths to move up 5-10 slots if a guy Veach is locked in on gets within range. Nothing wrong with that.

Think that would be enough? I'm guessing it might take one of the extra thirds.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13529240)
Yeah, I don't know how good that 2nd next year will be.

I wonder if they could flip it for a player elsewhere. I know that makes contracts weird though.

It would be like a throw in imo. Which would be like taking pennies on the dollar

BryanBusby 04-24-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13529241)
Think that would be enough? I'm guessing it might take one of the extra thirds.

Would be plenty.

BossChief 04-24-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13529237)
Did you actually read that article?

Teams wanting to move down want multiple 2nd and 3rds THIS YEAR.

I follow the draft very closely every year both for the CP mock and the real draft. This class has almost 50 guys with first round grades and a metric ton of prospects with third or higher grades.

But there are always teams wanting to add future picks in trade downs.

I’m sticking to my guns that I think KC moves up to 31-40 without packaging a bunch of picks from this year.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13529255)
I follow the draft very closely every year both for the CP mock and the real draft. This class has almost 50 guys with first round grades and a metric ton of prospects with third or higher grades.

I’m sticking to my guns that I think KC moves up to 31-40 without packaging a bunch of picks from this year.

Well that's totally against what everyone is saying.

We will see

O.city 04-24-2018 11:44 AM

If there are that many guys with first round grades, I think it actually shows the opposite that the class is pretty weak. Not many guys separating themselves.

BryanBusby 04-24-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13529258)

We will see

I'd have to agree. Teams want the picks today to fill holes after a subpar FA class.

BossChief 04-24-2018 12:04 PM

In 2007, NE traded their 28th pick to SF for that years 4th and next years first
In 2009, NE traded back twice for future draft picks that turned into Gronk
In 2011, they traded back 4 times and one was for a future pick they used on Chandler Jones.
In 2013, NE traded down and out of the first
In 2016 they traded down twice

From 2001-2016 NE traded down 36 times.

O.city 04-24-2018 12:21 PM

They didn't need a future Qb those years. Now they do. I bet they trade UP this year.

RunKC 04-24-2018 12:30 PM

On 610 Terez said Dorsey was more of a “gather more picks for more value” guy while Veach is a “get good players period” kinda guy and trusts his scouting to find the right players.

There likely won’t be value at 54 or even 44 for guys that will be there at 32-37. Think about it...5 QB’s are projected to go in the first rd and 2-3 RB’s. Defensive talent is going to slide down the board a bit.

If Veach trades up, he won’t half ass it. He’s going to be aggressive.

Buckweath 04-24-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13529332)
On 610 Terez said Dorsey was more of a “gather more picks for more value” guy while Veach is a “get good players period” kinda guy and trusts his scouting to find the right players.

There likely won’t be value at 54 or even 44 for guys that will be there at 32-37. Think about it...5 QB’s are projected to go in the first rd and 2-3 RB’s. Defensive talent is going to slide down the board a bit.

I think the world of Dorsey as far as drafting goes.

Here's an article which pretends that you should diversify the risk: https://www.vox.com/2015/4/30/851600...raft-economics

I had read a different but similar article some time ago showing the virtues of collecting multiple picks.

I just hope Veach is not over-agressive because of his lack of experience as a GM.

Even when you really love a player and want to trade up for him, you should globally always look to diversify the risk because there is no such thing as a sure thing.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13529298)
In 2007, NE traded their 28th pick to SF for that years 4th and next years first
In 2009, NE traded back twice for future draft picks that turned into Gronk
In 2011, they traded back 4 times and one was for a future pick they used on Chandler Jones.
In 2013, NE traded down and out of the first
In 2016 they traded down twice

From 2001-2016 NE traded down 36 times.

The only one where you mentioned compensation they got a 1st back.

That's their usual mo.

Why would they take a 2nd next year woven they want a qb this year? Why would they take less than a 1st back?

You are dreaming imo

Edit they drafted Jones with a first so they got one in that trade too

SAUTO 04-24-2018 03:43 PM

The gronk year they got a first and 4th. Then traded that 1st fir a 2nd and 2 3s.

And they also had the 1st pick in the 2nd from us.

You are dreaming that anyone is going to really value that pick next year imo.

Its going to hold more value to us imo to move up and get our pass rusher

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13529405)
I

I had read a different but similar article some time ago showing the virtues of collecting multiple picks.

I just hope Veach is not over-agressive because of his lack of experience as a GM.

Even when you really love a player and want to trade up for him, you should globally always look to diversify the risk because there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Veach's aggressiveness the most difficult issue to predict, as you can see everyone went apeshit when I posted "nightmare scenarios".

I'd rather garner selections for next season since we acquired Mahomes at the expense of the 2018 draft.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 03:58 PM

You posted idiot scenarios

Mother****erJones 04-24-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529582)
Veach's aggressiveness the most difficult issue to predict, as you can see everyone went apeshit when I posted "nightmare scenarios".

I'd rather garner selections for next season since we acquired Mahomes at the expense of the 2018 draft.

Because trading Hill is beyond a dumbass post.

Shag 04-24-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529582)

TIL that giving up your 1st rounder mortgages the entire draft.

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13529748)
Because trading Hill is beyond a dumbass post.

:facepalm:

Mother****erJones 04-24-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529756)
:facepalm:

You’re face palming me? You’re the one that said trade Hill

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13529766)
You’re face palming me? You’re the one that said trade Hill

Damn right, you took it at the totality that what I would do.

I'm bringing up possible scenarios because of Veach's aggressive nature.

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 13529754)
TIL that giving up your 1st rounder mortgages the entire draft.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/...draft-by-round

Chiefshrink 04-24-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13529255)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13529258)

We will see

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13529332)

Any one of you 3 could be right. There is so much poker playing going on right now we just don't know. But if the strength of the draft is 2,3, and 4 I would think IF a coveted CB falls that Veach wants, most GMs will want this years 2,3, and 4's picks and not next years.:shrug: It is a very unique draft in that there is a lot of talent at most positions this year that doesn't happen very often and the majority of GMs know this and will play this card for sure.;)

And don't think for a minute that Veach knowing the pocket strength of this draft are the mid-rounds that he just might trade back from 54 and acquire a few more picks IF a coveted player has been taken and a King's Ransom of picks comes calling because some other GM sees his coveted player he wants now.

Marcellus 04-24-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529773)

LMAO just stupid.

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13529790)
LMAO just stupid.

and that's how you processed it

It's scenarios,I guess it's blasphemy to discuss topics of the unknown

Especially with Veach

SAUTO 04-24-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529797)
and that's how you processed it

Everyone.

That's how everyone processed it ROFL

Mother****erJones 04-24-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13529802)
Everyone.

That's how everyone processed it ROFL

It’s ****ing idiotic! LMAO

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13529805)
It’s ****ing idiotic! LMAO

OMG, This is what I would do if I were the gm concerning draft philosophy. you pick your spots to be aggressive when drafting meaning when to load picks for a specified draft. For example the Justin Houston situation.

Next year's draft is loaded with DL and Edge guys to go for. I'd take said draft capital to for the cluster of talent and it's passrushers( in this case) who can be properly utilized.

trust the scouting department of course if other gems are available if the value is there.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529810)
OMG, This is what I would do if I were the gm concerning draft philosophy. you pick your spots to be aggressive when drafting meaning when to load picks for a specified draft. For example the Justin Houston situation.

Next year's draft is loaded with DL and Edge guys to go for. I'd take said draft capital to for the cluster of talent and it's passrushers( in this case) who can be properly utilized.

trust the scouting department of course if other gems are available if the value is there.

The Justin Houston situation?

What did we do before that draft to load picks to get Houston?

staylor26 04-24-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13529833)
The Justin Houston situation?

What did we do before that draft to load picks to get Houston?

He’s talking about trading Houston now to load up on picks. That was one of his theories.

SAUTO 04-24-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13529840)
He’s talking about trading Houston now to load up on picks. That was one of his theories.

Oh Jesus...

SAUTO 04-24-2018 07:38 PM

To be honest I only understood a little of that post...

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13529840)

Next year, concerning his age, I'd keep on the roster with the cap hit.

I wouldn't have traded Peters either, unless if it included a 1st for the short term

Marcellus 04-24-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529849)
Next year, concerning his age, I'd keep on the roster with the cap hit.

I wouldn't have traded Peters either, unless if it included a 1st for the short term

Who would give a squirt of piss for Houston right now with his contract and level of play?

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13529864)
Who would give a squirt of piss for Houston right now with his contract and level of play?

What's the cap hit?

Marcellus 04-24-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529872)
What's the cap hit?

Just $20.6MM.

Mother****erJones 04-24-2018 08:24 PM

No one in their right mind is trading for Justin Houston and his cap number. Not to mention you’re not getting shit for him. Nah, I’ll keep him and let him get 10+ sacks this season and be just fine. Picking your spots is completely different than being negligent and trading Tyreek Hill. That’s not a scenario, that’s silly.

RunKC 04-24-2018 08:42 PM

We desperately need a corner guys. I like Amerson, but not as a full time starter. He’s a great backup who can be a number 3 corner if needed.

Either way, I’m still thinking we should trade down in rd 3, whether trade one of them or keep both. Just do it and get another pick in rd 4 or 5.

This draft is so deep that you can find your #2 TE, Fulton replacement, DL depth, safety, more corner depth all in the mid rounds.

Chief Northman 04-24-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13529915)
We desperately need a corner guys. I like Amerson, but not as a full time starter. He’s a great backup who can be a number 3 corner if needed.

Either way, I’m still thinking we should trade down in rd 3, whether trade one of them or keep both. Just do it and get another pick in rd 4 or 5.

This draft is so deep that you can find your #2 TE, Fulton replacement, DL depth, safety, more corner depth all in the mid rounds.

Agreed, but I think the Chiefs need to get to pick 36/37 in order to get a legit starter at CB. Who that is remains to be seen, but outside the top 5 or 6 guys, you are then in another tier, where you have nickel/slot specialists or #3 type contributors. I’d hate to lose multiple picks in these mid rounds as you say because their is great depth to be had.

Hoping for one of Oliver/J. Jackson/Hughes. I don’t mind Davis, but he is a bit more limited in his skill set.

KChiefs1 04-24-2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

How much are you willing to give up to get to the top of the second round?

RunKC 04-24-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13529925)
How much are you willing to give up to get to the top of the second round?

2nd, 3rd and 6th.

Then trade down with our other rd 3 pick so we can pick up a 4th/5th.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-24-2018 09:07 PM

So the plan is to keep mortgaging next year in the name of a rookie contract at QB?

That doesn't seem short-sighted at all.

BlackOp 04-24-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

This draft is shaping up to be a depth filler...Veach should keep his 2nd day picks and round out the roster. He already got his 2018 stars in Mahomes/Watkins/Fuller.

BigRedChief 04-24-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13519432)
Trade who? What?

according to Nick Athan, Eric Fisher.

Rausch 04-24-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529773)

He hasn't had a single draft yet to judge his "nature."

There is 0 information to judge his draft strategy on...

Tribal Warfare 04-24-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13529975)
He hasn't had a single draft yet to judge his "nature."

There is 0 information to judge his draft strategy on...

exactly, we are in the dark just spitballing varied options that are halfway crazy since we don't truly know how aggressive he is, and his long term model for draft seasons.