ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-15-2009 03:45 PM

It's Official; the re-entry from orbit has begun. Just like I said it would, KnowMo.

Heh.

notorious 11-15-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6263005)
Chiefs beat Skins

Donkey lose to Skins

Chiefs>Donkeys

ROFL

Pump your brakes kid.

Only whale shit is lower then the Chiefs.

When we start winning games we can start talking shit.

Bane 11-15-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6263005)
Chiefs beat Skins

Donkey lose to Skins

Chiefs>Donkeys

ROFL

:thumb:

Bane 11-15-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6263279)
It's Official; the re-entry from orbit has begun. Just like I said it would, KnowMo.

Heh.

Mc Dickhole is still a genius though.:D

Quiet Storm 11-15-2009 04:43 PM

The meltdown in Denver is in full effect.

And you know how stupid Denver fans really are when they were proclaiming Cutler the greatest ever and now look at all the things they say about him.

There is one thing I CANNOT stand....Hypocrites.

Quesadilla Joe 11-16-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6263805)

And you know how stupid Denver fans really are when they were proclaiming Cutler the greatest ever and now look at all the things they say about him.

What a fitting name you have. I haven't heard a peep from you in 5 weeks.

CHENZ A! 11-16-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6266368)
What a fitting name you have. I haven't heard a peep from you in 5 weeks.

eat shit donkey ****er! :)

tonyetony 11-16-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 6266372)
eat shit donkey ****er! :)

I second that emotion!!!!:deevee::deevee::deevee::p:p:p:p

Hammock Parties 11-16-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

http://i38.tinypic.com/f50q42.jpg

Mile High Mania 11-16-2009 05:19 AM

Quote:

ROFL Full effect? Wow... sounds bad.

There may be some that are freaking out, but it's not me. Yesterday's game did suck and hopefully it's a wake up call for them. I know it's tough sometimes for backup QBs to step in, but... if that's all he has, ouch. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the game against SD this week...

beach tribe 11-16-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6266487)
I'm very much looking forward to the game against SD this week...

So are we, my friend. So are we.

Mile High Mania 11-16-2009 08:40 AM

I'm hoping the defense looks at the last three games and has a nice pow-wow this week... special teams, man... that's been an issue for them this year. That was a great play by WAS and Denver was crushed by it, I believe that changed the momentum more than Simms having to come into the game.

It sounds like Orton will miss the SD game and I hope they spend this week getting Tom ready to step in just in case Simms continues to sputter.

The NFL is a funny league, Denver was riding high and were brought back down to earth, now the Chargers are riding that momentum train and going to Denver.

Here's to Norv 'over-thinking' this one...

Agent V 11-16-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6266597)
I'm hoping the defense looks at the last three games and has a nice pow-wow this week... special teams, man... that's been an issue for them this year. That was a great play by WAS and Denver was crushed by it, I believe that changed the momentum more than Simms having to come into the game.

It sounds like Orton will miss the SD game and I hope they spend this week getting Tom ready to step in just in case Simms continues to sputter.

The NFL is a funny league, Denver was riding high and were brought back down to earth, now the Chargers are riding that momentum train and going to Denver.

Here's to Norv 'over-thinking' this one...

I always like your rational, well-thought out takes (despite your being a Broncos fan). That was one insane, unexpected play. Even though the Chiefs have again fallen by the wayside in the division battle, I'm up for watching Denver and San Diego march to a wild finish again.

The Bad Guy 11-16-2009 09:20 AM

This has actually been epic.

The Bronco fans that aren't JO's saw this coming a mile a way.

The ones, like KnowMo, are likely taking this so hard that they can't function for weeks.

How does reality feel KnowMo? Enjoy Chris Simms against SD.

Mile High Mania 11-16-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6266670)

The ones, like KnowMo, are likely taking this so hard that they can't function for weeks.

Yeah, considering all that happened from 2008 and now... I've been very pleased with 6-3. Sure, it sucks to see them lose 3 in a row, especially @ Washington. But, while I raised my expectations from 5-7 wins to as many as 10 wins after their 6-0 start... I'm not shocked.

Through 9 games... 4-5 wins was about as many as I expected them to have, so winning 6 is still very nice. At 6-0, I didn't have them slotted as a deep playoff contending team.

Can Denver still win the division? Hell yeah... winning @ SD was huge earlier in the season and if they can hold serve at home this week, they will have their own fate firmly within their grasp.

Sweeping SD is a big thing to pull off at this point, they're on fire, but location is ideal this week. They still have KC and Oak in Denver... and a Giants team that has had a bad skid of their own on Thanksgiving. Not to mention, the game @ KC... which could go either way.

I don't know what will happen with the QB spot, but that just means the defense and the ground game need to refocus and get back on track.

There are 7 games left... winning 4 is not out of the realistic realm of possibility and if they are as good as they think they are and can be... they should win 4 of their next 7.

The games @ Indy and @ Philly... enh, I'm not real excited about those two to be honest. Chargers and Giants at home are big games that they need to win - get those two and they can go a long way of curing what has been ailing them, and neither of those teams is unbeatable - especially in Denver.

Still, as you look at the AFC Playoff bound teams (CIN, PIT, NE, IND, BAL)... it's going to be tough for Denver to beat those teams in the playoffs. NE and CIN are playing much better than they did when they met DEN earlier in the year.

We'll see though... 1 week at a time, it's all about SD now and breaking their streak.

Quesadilla Joe 11-16-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6266670)

I'd rather hit a slump now instead of slumping once the playoffs start, because when the playoffs start it is the 2 hottest teams that end up getting to the Super Bowl.

Buck 11-16-2009 11:19 AM

I picked the Broncos in my Suicide pool yesterday, I was one of the 4 finalist.

****ers.

Stinger 11-16-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6266851)
I'd rather hit a slump now instead of slumping once the playoffs start, because when the playoffs start

Putting the cart in front of the horse now aren't we.

beach tribe 11-16-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

I'd rather hit a slump now instead of slumping once the playoffs start, because when the playoffs start it is the 2 hottest teams that end up getting to the Super Bowl.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

God I love you.

You make every Donkey loss so much better, because you truly believe you are sitting on a SB team. I get to think about you crying like a little bitch, with the "what the hell happened look on your face" as you weep.

Mile High Mania 11-16-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6266939)
I picked the Broncos in my Suicide pool yesterday, I was one of the 4 finalist.

****ers.

What is your early take on the game this weekend? The wildcard for me is the QB... Simms looked like hell yesterday. I hope they're prepared to put in the rookie if they need to during the game. Too much rides on this one to just let Simms fight through it for me.

I liked the production from Moreno yesterday and the early success in passing the ball. The game should be a good one... likely decided very very late in the 4th.

My early prediction: Broncos 23 / Chargers 20

Quiet Storm 11-16-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 6266978)
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

God I love you.

You make every Donkey loss so much better, because you truly believe you are sitting on a SB team. I get to think about you crying like a little bitch, with the "what the hell happened look on your face" as you weep.

I know, it's so great....so off the wall. I post on this board sporadically but I will always have to come back to read knowshit's responses. Without a doubt, the biggest homer-douchebag I have ever come across. And you know what, its not even all Donkey fans. I have plenty of friends who are Bronco die-hards & we still are able to have fun with each others teams. This guy makes me despise and laugh at anything associated with the Denver organization....at the same time.

Mile High Mania 11-16-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6267695)
I know, it's so great....so off the wall. I post on this board sporadically but I will always have to come back to read knowshit's responses. Without a doubt, the biggest homer-douchebag I have ever come across. And you know what, its not even all Donkey fans. I have plenty of friends who are Bronco die-hards & we still are able to have fun with each others teams. This guy makes me despise and laugh at anything associated with the Denver organization....at the same time.

Enh, that's going a bit over board... the guy loves his team and while he may sometimes forget which board he is on, he's pretty harmless. Some people get way too bent out of shape about this stuff.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-16-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6267695)

I've come across bigger( he said while whistling and looking around nonchalantly ).

The Bad Guy 11-16-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

You're not going to the playoffs.

No chance in hell.

Mile High Mania 11-16-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6268208)

No chance in hell.

Were you having fun and referring to KnoMo (saying that he isn't going) or are you honestly saying Denver has no chance in hell of going to the playoffs?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-16-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6268208)

No chance in hell.

ROFL

Bad Guy finds his nemesis.

kstater 11-22-2009 07:43 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-32-Broncos-3

Bwana 11-22-2009 07:47 PM

Knomo.............come out to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

http://www.warrioracademy.com/wp-con...ads/Luther.gif

Bane 11-22-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6286247)

:clap:
:wayne:

notorious 11-22-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6267853)
Enh, that's going a bit over board... the guy loves his team and while he may sometimes forget which board he is on, he's pretty harmless. Some people get way too bent out of shape about this stuff.

This.

Not bad, he is even entertaining sometimes.

We would have posters like him x 100000000 if we started out hot, too.

The Bad Guy 11-22-2009 07:54 PM

Please by all means post more bullshit Twitter updates about your sinking ship.

I love how they built you up with those 6 wins only to knock you down with the 4 straight loses.

BigChiefFan 11-22-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 6286257)

:evil: ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 6286257)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GODDAMNIT I'M OUTTA' REP! ****!:banghead:

I'll definitely re-up and come back to tag this though.

LOVE IT!

BEST EVAH!

Bwana 11-22-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6286286)
:evil: ROFL

Heh, a lot of us older bugger's know what that is, but the youngsters are going, WTF is that? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 6286330)
Heh, a lot of us older bugger's know what that is, but the youngsters are going, WTF is that? :D

Which is a damned shame. I watch that movie at least 4 times a year. Best goddamned street gang movie evah!

That was the fist movie I ever saw at the drive-in. I was 8, and I had NEVER seen characters like that. The Baseball Fury's were burned in to my mind that night, and have never left.

Amen.

Bwana 11-22-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6286423)
Which is a damned shame. I watch that movie at least 4 times a year. Best goddamned street gang movie evah!

That was the fist movie I ever saw at the drive-in. I was 8, and I had NEVER seen characters like that. The Baseball Fury's were burned in to my mind that night, and have never left.

Amen.

Yeah, old "clink-clink" is a classic.

Buck 11-22-2009 08:54 PM

But u guyz, tha refs cheeted for tha chargers so technically tha Broncos won today
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadMagic 11-22-2009 09:00 PM

http://www.thehotjoints.com/wp-conte...king-ships.jpg

Quiet Storm 11-22-2009 09:10 PM

Chargers punish Broncos 32-3
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

No one sees it, but everyone can feel it.

Momentum is so real, it has a name.

Mo. Big Mo. Kno Mo fumbles, please.

The Broncos are the latest sports team to be reminded of momentum's powerful impact.

Momentum is so strong a force, a change in quarterbacks can't stop it. After they were thumped by the San Diego Chargers 32-3 in front of their crowd of 74,000-plus Sunday at Invesco Field at Mile High, the Broncos are plummeting in the wrong direction with nearly the same speed they were ascending earlier in the season.

Yes!

notorious 11-22-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6286555)
But u guyz, tha refs cheeted for tha chargers so technically tha Broncos won today
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I've been hearing at the Mange.

They can get ****ed by the refs for the next 10 years and still only come out even on the bad call/makeup call quotient.

Cry me a river Bronco fans.

Bane 11-22-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 6286568)

BWAAAAAAAAA!!!ROFL

Quiet Storm 11-22-2009 09:16 PM

ROFL

Armstrong: Broncos perfecting the fade route
By Jim Armstrong
The Denver Post

There's no way around it, no denying it, and no other way to say it: The Broncos have become the NFL's premier flash-and-crash franchise.

They start fast and fade faster. They jump ahead, then fall behind. They rock, then they get rolled.

This time, they started 6-0. You remember 6-0. Josh McDaniels was high-fiving babies in the stands at Invesco Field. Kyle Orton was a Pro Bowl candidate. The playoffs were a foregone conclusion.

The Chargers? They were yesterday's news. And then ... and then ...

And then it happened again.

The Broncos are 6-4 after Sunday's 32-3 beating by the Bolts. During their four-game losing streak, they've scored 20 points in the first half -- 17 coming at Washington. Twice, they've been shut out in the first two quarters.

At least Orton showed he was healthy enough to play. But then, he didn't have any choice. The Broncos were going nowhere with Chris Simms in the huddle, trailing 13-0 with 4 minutes left in the first half.

So what happened after Orton arrived on the scene? He completed a 22-yard pass and a 38-yarder to put the Broncos on the Chargers' 4-yard line. But all it did was set the stage for Knowshon Moreno's fumble at the goal line. It wasn't official at the time, but it is now: The Bolts have taken over the lead in the AFC West.

It may not seem possible, but it's true. And since you're wondering, here goes: The NFL since adopting its 16-game schedule in 1978 has had two teams start 6-0 and not make the playoffs. That would be the Redskins in 1978 and the Vikings in 2003.

And maybe the Broncos in 2009.

If so, it wouldn't be as shocking as you might think. This is the Broncos we're talking about. They're turning the fast fade into an art form.

The Broncos were 4-1 last season, but lost seven of their last 11 to finish 8-8, prompting Pat Bowlen to look for a new coach. In 2007, they won their first two, but dropped nine of their last 14 to finish 7-9. The year before, they won five of their first six, but lost six of their final 10 to finish 9-7.

The list goes on and on. The Broncos jumped out to a 5-1 record in 2003 and 2004, but split their final 10 games to finish 10-6. In 2002, they stood 4-1 after five games, only to lost six of their final 11. And in 2001, they were 3-1, but dropped seven of their last 12 to finish 8-8.

Granted, things can change in a hurry in the NFL, but, at the moment, there's no reason to think things will be any different this season.

Bane 11-22-2009 09:18 PM

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRrbx0YdFZY"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRrbx0YdFZY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Quiet Storm 11-22-2009 09:20 PM

WE OWN DENVER!!!!!!

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

DaFace 11-22-2009 09:26 PM

My favorite stat of the day...

QB Passer Rating 11/22/09:
Chris Simms - 56.25
Kyle Orton - 55.39

Bane 11-22-2009 09:28 PM

:LOL:
ROFL

Quiet Storm 11-22-2009 09:35 PM

Josh McDaniels reportedly told the Chargers linebacking crew "We own you guys" before getting annihilated 32-3.

Well, things sure have taken a turn for the worse in Denver, haven't they?

The Broncos have given away a 3 1/2 game lead in the shortest amount of time I've ever seen, and not only that, but it looks like coach Josh McDaniels is a bit of a talker.

Both Shawne Merriman and Stephen Cooper both relayed the story after that game that McDaniels came up to them during warmups and said to them "We own you guys."

If "we own you guys" meant "we're going to lose by a ridiculous margin to you guys" then McDaniels got it right. Because the Chargers put an epic beatdown on the Broncos today, the final score being 32-3.

Me thinks Josh McDaniels might want to shut his mouth and find a way to get this ship righted. Because they're in a free fall right now, and talking junk won't do them any good.

Easy 6 11-22-2009 09:38 PM

AAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAA! how did i MISS this, i somehow missed the recaps & hadnt checked the box score1!lawlz1

DINVEER...CRUSHED, HUMILIATED AT HOME WITH ONLY A CHIPSHOT 3 SPANNNKING!

... <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_uCm1N-vSHI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_uCm1N-vSHI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6286723)

If "we own you guys" meant "we're going to lose by a ridiculous margin to you guys" then McDaniels got it right.

:LOL:LMAO

Bane 11-22-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6286723)
Josh McDaniels reportedly told the Chargers linebacking crew "We own you guys" before getting annihilated 32-3.

Well, things sure have taken a turn for the worse in Denver, haven't they?

The Broncos have given away a 3 1/2 game lead in the shortest amount of time I've ever seen, and not only that, but it looks like coach Josh McDaniels is a bit of a talker.

Both Shawne "roidman" Merriman and Stephen Cooper both relayed the story after that game that McDaniels came up to them during warmups and said to them "We own you guys."

If "we own you guys" meant "we're going to lose by a ridiculous margin to you guys" then McDaniels got it right. Because the Chargers put an epic beatdown on the Broncos today, the final score being 32-3.

Me thinks Josh McDaniels might want to shut his mouth and find a way to get this ship righted. Because they're in a free fall right now, and talking junk won't do them any good.

Im so glad he showed his ass with that homo ass fist pump tirade.Exactly what his GENIUS ass gets.
If its true he's an even bigger ass clown that I thought.He has no place and clearly no grounds to talk smack to an opposing player before a game.

CrazyPhuD 11-23-2009 01:36 AM

Since this is the broncos news thread....:D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...html?eref=sihp

Chargers leaving Broncos behind

DENVER -- Looking back, I really can't fathom how these two 6-3 teams were ever tied for first place to start with as this Week 11 Sunday dawned. The only thing I can figure is the standings doubled as the NFL's version of an optical illusion. Maybe it's like when they warn you about objects in the mirror actually being closer than they appear, only to the exact opposite effect in this case.

Because if ever there were two streaking teams that came into a game light years apart from one another, and proceeded to spend the afternoon hurtling furiously in divergent directions, it was the surging San Diego Chargers and the reeling Denver Broncos.

Thanks to their 32-3 win over the Broncos at a stunned Invesco Field, the Chargers (7-3) technically lead Denver (6-4) by one slim game in the AFC West. But don't believe it. That's like taking a snapshot of Secretariat just as he started to pull away from the Belmont field and inferring that it must have been a very close horse race that long ago Saturday on Long Island.

It's a one-game San Diego advantage, headed for a cakewalk. The regular season might still have six weeks remaining, but that's just chronology. All you needed to see Sunday was the gap that separates these two teams to know how it's going to come out in the AFC West again this year.

"Just to be honest, I didn't think we'd be in the position we're in division-wise at this point,'' said Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, in a burst of candor regarding San Diego's ability to make up 4½ games on Denver in the five weeks since the Broncos humbled them 34-23 on Oct. 19 in Southern California. "We didn't think we'd be tied [coming into] this game, but we were. And now we're ahead. But it's not Week 17 of the season. You can't relax, and we won't.''

Maybe not, but the Chargers' relentless pursuit of the Broncos is now over. Now it's Denver's turn to do the chasing, and everybody senses it's not going to be much of a race. The Chargers dominated the Broncos in every facet, and there was nothing fluky about the final margin. Given what was on the line, I really can't remember the last time a bigger game fell this flat -- outside of a Super Bowl or two in the 1980s.

"You'd love to say this was just another game and stuff like that, but it wasn't,'' Chargers linebacker Shawne "roidman" Merriman said. "We were playing for first in the division. It meant a lot to us, and we played like it. We kind of caught them on a little bit of a slope, going down.''

With four losses in a row after their wholly unexpected 6-0 start, the Broncos are in the midst of more than a little slide. They're in an all-out free-fall, and it has perfectly coincided with the five-game winning streak that San Diego began after its homefield loss to Denver last month.

All you had to see in this game to understand how desperate the Broncos were to stop the bleeding was head coach Josh McDaniels' controversial decision to insert injured quarterback Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton into the game in the second quarter, once Denver trailed 13-0. Chris Simms, Orton's backup, had made his first start in more than three years, but wound up getting just three series before back came Orton, injured left ankle and all.

McDaniels knew what was at stake. He knew Denver's season was on the line here Sunday, and he knew who he was playing. The situation called for drastic measures. No sense saving Orton for games that wouldn't matter anywhere near as much from here on out if the Broncos lost this one.

"In fact, I was surprised Orton didn't start the game, because I saw him in the pre-game and I thought he looked good,'' observed Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson. "But I think Josh was like, 'This is it. It's time for him to go.' I thought he was going to start, but I guess because he didn't get any snaps during the week they didn't want to do that.''

Orton's entry in the game late in the first half gave Denver it's only flicker of hope all day. Taking over at the Broncos 38, he completed three quick passes in a row, moving Denver to the San Diego 4. The crowd came to life, the Broncos sideline brightened, and then, disaster struck. Rookie running back Knowshon Moreno got the call, and fumbled just shy of breaking the plane of the goal line. The Chargers recovered in the end zone, and with that every last bit of oxygen got sucked from the stadium.

"When Orton came in, it was kind of like Willis Reed coming back to the Garden,'' said San Diego linebacker Stephen Cooper, showing himself to be an impressive student of history. "To see him out there, everyone started running around and making plays. They started moving the ball real fast and it was like they got their second wind. But then Moreno fumbled that ball on the goal line, and it took that wind right out of them.''

These Chargers took the Broncos' best shot right there late in the first half, and never buckled. You can't help but think San Diego's experience at chasing down and catching the Broncos again and again in recent years has produced a supreme confidence. No matter how deep the hole, the Chargers don't panic against Denver. They stay resilient, and by now believe in their own sense of destiny.

"We've been through it before and at this point, anything's possible,'' Tomlinson said. "Whoever thought last year they (the Broncos) would lose three straight at the end of the year and we would win three straight and get into the playoffs? But I can't really say I'm surprised at where we are. It's a long season, and we talked about that five weeks ago (after the loss to the Broncos). We knew Denver still had to play teams in the NFC East, and still had to play a couple teams in the AFC North. We played those teams early. It's a long season, and things happen.''

Who knows what Tomlinson was really thinking when the Chargers were 2-3 and the 6-0 Broncos had built a 3½ game lead over them six weeks into the season? But L.T. realizes how quickly the whole world can change in the NFL, and he and his Chargers have become as adept as anyone at hanging around and giving themselves a chance to make a run.

"This is a tough league, and it's tough to win,'' Tomlinson said. "When you lose one, you say, 'We'll get it back next week.' You lose two, you start saying, 'Holy crap what's going on?' You lose three, and your confidence is shook. You start pointing fingers and starting blaming others. That's just what happens. It's human nature, so I'm not surprised things turn out like this.''

So what happens when you lose four games in a row in the NFL, like the imploding Broncos have? Unrestrained panic?

"I don't want to even get into that,'' Tomlinson said, laughing.

For the Broncos, the opportunity they lost Sunday against San Diego may hurt even more in the coming weeks. Denver has to rebound quickly for a Thanksgiving night visit from the Giants, then travels to improved Kansas City and undefeated Indianapolis in the two weeks after that. With San Diego sitting 7-3 and facing a home date against Kansas City and a trip to Cleveland in the coming two games, the gap in the AFC West is likely to grow.

"There's no question this is our most crucial point of the season,'' Rivers said. "Obviously you don't want to start slow, but we fought back and we're playing our best ball right now. That's something we've been able to do, play our best late in the season. The teams that do that usually have a chance in the postseason. We're not there yet, but we're headed in the right direction.

"This is an excited locker room, and it should be. But nobody's caught up in the hoopla. We've won five in a row, but we're very focused and very grounded in our approach, and I think that's had a lot to do with our success.''

We've seen this movie before, with the Chargers and Broncos passing each other like two ships in the night. San Diego always seems to drop the ball in the season's first half, but these Chargers sure know how to close. Just ask Denver if it feels like a one-game deficit about now. Sometimes the standings do lie, and objects in the mirror are much further than they appear.

BossChief 11-23-2009 03:46 AM

I hope you guys pull it together and end respectively knowmo, you're a good dude and there is nothing wrong with being a homer, hopefully this teaches you there is a difference between being a homer and being a blind homer.

Personally, I hope SD makes it to the playoffs instead of you guys though. That would keep Norv in SD for a little longer and that is as valuable to us as keeping the crypt-keeper on life support.

Mile High Mania 11-23-2009 05:05 AM

I won't take up too much time interrupting your fun... but, while they looked like hell and the 4 game streak stinks... I'm still good with 6-4 for now. My expectations were pretty realistic to start. Simms was horrible to start... but, the defense has fallen extremely hard back to earth.

Quesadilla Joe 11-23-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

“This is probably the most frustrating game I’ve ever played in,” receiver Brandon Marshall said.

The frustration boiled over after Knowshon Moreno fumbled just before crossing the goal line in a 13-0 game. Marshall said something to Moreno, and Moreno shoved him. Moreno was held back by teammates from going after Marshall on the sideline.

“Nothing long term, just the heat of the moment,” Moreno said.

McDaniels said he wasn’t worried about the confrontation, that it was a situation between two competitive players. Marshall said he told Moreno “we’ve got to pick it up,” and was asked if he regretted what he said to Moreno.

“I don’t regret anything,” Marshall said. “This was a playoff game. There were guys on the sideline that weren’t angry, that didn’t have a lot of emotion. They need to look at themselves in the mirror. This is a game where you’ve got to have it. None of us can make any terrible plays.”

Marshall made it clear Moreno wasn’t to blame for the loss, and it was “a bunch of plays” that cost the Broncos the game.

“Knowshon is a competitor, that’s what makes him good,” Marshall said. “I’d take him in my foxhole any time.”
http://www.gazette.com/sports/oneup-...font-11px.html
Glad to see Brandon Marshall start to become a leader.:)

This team has way to much veteran leadership to lose on Thanksgiving.

|Zach| 11-23-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6287283)

Yea.

The Bad Guy 11-23-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

The Devil does wear a red dress from time to time.

Slainte 11-23-2009 05:56 AM

[QUOTE=KnowMo2724;6287283Glad to see Brandon Marshall start to become a leader.:)
QUOTE]

What kind of a leader allows Slowshon Moreno to push him around on national TV?...I guess it's a slow start.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-23-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6287277)
I won't take up too much time interrupting your fun... but, while they looked like hell and the 4 game streak stinks... I'm still good with 6-4 for now. My expectations were pretty realistic to start. Simms was horrible to start... but, the defense has fallen extremely hard back to earth.

Dang it... I was thoroughly enjoying the Broncos implosion, and then YOU had to post. I actually think you are a decent fellow and pretty level headed. You are the kind of Bronco fan I feel bad for.... luckily... there is only one of you.

Mile High Mania 11-23-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

I don't even understand what the hell that is supposed to mean... So, the Giants don't have enough veteran leadership to win on Thanksgiving? Is it just Thanksgiving... or would we also consider Christmas or Groundhog Day?

Did Ty Law push them over the top in this category or did they have it previously?

Look, Denver had a very nice start... the schedule got tougher and maybe they began to buy in (too soon) to the warm and fuzzies of a the 6-0 streak. They're still in the playoff chase, which is amazing to me when I go back to the week prior to week 1.

It took SD 11 weeks to take the lead in the division... everyone thought they would be leading from week 1. Things happen.

Denver wasn't as great as 6-0 sounded and they're not as bad as 0-4 appears... they can end the season above .500 and still have a shot at the playoffs. Some fans/media are unrealistic, but that happens.

Mile High Mania 11-23-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6287311)
Dang it... I was thoroughly enjoying the Broncos implosion, and then YOU had to post. I actually think you are a decent fellow and pretty level headed. You are the kind of Bronco fan I feel bad for.... luckily... there is only one of you.

Feel bad for? Enh, don't worry about me... you've got your own issues to deal with as a KC fan. :eek:

Quesadilla Joe 11-23-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6287317)
I don't even understand what the hell that is supposed to mean... So, the Giants don't have enough veteran leadership to win on Thanksgiving? Is it just Thanksgiving... or would we also consider Christmas or Groundhog Day?

Did Ty Law push them over the top in this category or did they have it previously?

Look, Denver had a very nice start... the schedule got tougher and maybe they began to buy in (too soon) to the warm and fuzzies of a the 6-0 streak. They're still in the playoff chase, which is amazing to me when I go back to the week prior to week 1.

It took SD 11 weeks to take the lead in the division... everyone thought they would be leading from week 1. Things happen.

Denver wasn't as great as 6-0 sounded and they're not as bad as 0-4 appears... they can end the season above .500 and still have a shot at the playoffs. Some fans/media are unrealistic, but that happens.

I just don't see this team losing 5 straight games and 3 straight at home. Won't happen. Can't happen. Not with all the veterans we have.

|Zach| 11-23-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6287323)
I just don't see this team losing 5 straight games and 3 straight at home. Won't happen. Can't happen. Not with all the veterans we have.

Of course you didn't see them losing 4 straight either.

You are grasping at straws. This team is reeling.

Mile High Mania 11-23-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

No fan likes to see their team fall apart... but, sometimes it happens. I think most 'diehard fans' have been in your shoes though, especially early on in fandom. I said this before, but in my opinion, you have some pretty high and unrealistic expectations... over time, I think you'll learn to be more realistic. It's not "Super Bowl or bust every year" and if you do ride that mentality every year... you'll go crazy.

The Bad Guy 11-23-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Hahahah. So those veterans have never lost?

What about the Giants veterans, you know, the ones that have won a super bowl?

Slainte 11-23-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6287397)
Hahahah. So those veterans have never lost?

What about the Giants veterans, you know, the ones that have won a super bowl?

They're not being coached by HOFer Josh McDaniels...

beach tribe 11-23-2009 08:24 AM

HoMo actually has made this a pretty sweet year.
His expectations really amused me before the season, and then the Broncs came out, and won 6 straight, only to show their true colors later. I'm sure he was high as a kite, and now sniveling like a bitch. I PROMISE you, you will lose to NY. They are going to pound the ball down your throats.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-23-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

At this point, your team is second guessing itself.

The win in week 1 undid most of the damage that McDaniels did in the offseason. And, after that first lucky win.... the Broncos started to believe.... in themselves and their coach.

Things have changed. They have lost four straight and now are not in the division lead. They are second guessing themselves and second guessing McDaniels.

The Giants aren't a 'great' team..... but the Broncos are reeling right now.

The Broncos will have a long week after that, and the Chiefs represent their best chance to break a losing streak.

But, the Chiefs are playing better now. They are gaining confidence in themselves and their headcoach. They will be harder to beat.

I am just glad to see that I wasn't far off from what I thought the Broncos were going into the season. When they were 6-0.... I was questioning myself. But, after the last four games, I am much more comfortable that I had the Broncos, as well as Kyle Orton pegged just about right.

Mile High Mania 11-23-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6287420)
At this point, your team is second guessing itself.

The win in week 1 undid most of the damage that McDaniels did in the offseason. And, after that first lucky win.... the Broncos started to believe.... in themselves and their coach.

Things have changed. They have lost four straight and now are not in the division lead. They are second guessing themselves and second guessing McDaniels.

The Broncos will have a long week after that, and the Chiefs represent their best chance to break a losing streak.

But, the Chiefs are playing better now. They are gaining confidence in themselves and their headcoach. They will be harder to beat.

I am just glad to see that I wasn't far off from what I thought the Broncos were going into the season. When they were 6-0.... I was questioning myself. But, after the last four games, I am much more comfortable that I had the Broncos, as well as Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton pegged just about right.

Well, I doubt you were in the locker room... suggesting they are second guessing themselves and the coach is a bit of a reach. I'm sure they're incredibly frustrated, but to suggest the coach has lost them is a bit over the top. They should be holding everyone accountable... they should be mad as hell and they should be calling each other out. That doesn't mean they're second guessing or not believing in anyone though.

SenselessChiefsFan 11-23-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6287463)
Well, I doubt you were in the locker room... suggesting they are second guessing themselves and the coach is a bit of a reach. I'm sure they're incredibly frustrated, but to suggest the coach has lost them is a bit over the top. They should be holding everyone accountable... they should be mad as hell and they should be calling each other out. That doesn't mean they're second guessing or not believing in anyone though.

It is fair to say I am not in 'that' locker room. But, I have enough knowlege of many different lockerooms to know how a team reacts to a losing skid like this.....

The Redskins game was the one that I thought would keep the Broncos afloat. A win there, even with the other losses, and they don't lose all of their confidence.

At this point, they are reeling. If the Giants come in and play well.... the Broncos won't have a chance. They will be too worried to play well.

Now, IF... they turn it loose and play ball.... they have a good chance. If they get something good to go their way early, they have a chance to do that. Otherwise, I think they will lose their fifth straight. It will be interesting to watch though.

Quiet Storm 11-23-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6286756)
Im so glad he showed his ass with that homo ass fist pump tirade.Exactly what his GENIUS ass gets.
If its true he's an even bigger ass clown that I thought.He has no place and clearly no grounds to talk smack to an opposing player before a game.

Yeah dude, I 100% agree. When he beat the Pats I understood getting excited but he took it waaaay over board. Act like you've been there before. I mean, the guy NEVER LOOSES, right? Since he said so himself, "he's never been apart of a loosing team", why act like a 7 year old boy that got the bike they wanted on Christmas? On the sidelines!?!?! Save it for the locker room McDumbass. Its so funny because when you have a coach like that whose personality is constantly up and down, he brings the whole team morale down when they start loosing. That is what is happening right now.

It's going to be great to fill up on Turkey and than watch the G-Men stuff em'.

Chief Faithful 11-23-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 6287420)

The Giants are not a 'great' team, but they are currently on an upswing coming out of a slump. Not a good time to face the Giants while it is a good time to face the Broncos.

Mile High Mania 11-23-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 6288141)
Yeah dude, I 100% agree. When he beat the Pats I understood getting excited but he took it waaaay over board. Act like you've been there before. I mean, the guy NEVER LOOSES, right? Since he said so himself, "he's never been apart of a loosing team", why act like a 7 year old boy that got the bike they wanted on Christmas? On the sidelines!?!?! Save it for the locker room McDumbass. Its so funny because when you have a coach like that whose personality is constantly up and down, he brings the whole team morale down when they start loosing. That is what is happening right now.

It's going to be great to fill up on Turkey and than watch the G-Men stuff em'.

Loosing?

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with getting excited...

Quesadilla Joe 11-24-2009 01:19 PM

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...tures001-1.jpg

Yes.... it was a TOUCHDOWN :cuss:

CaliforniaChief 11-24-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6290870)

32-10 FTW!!!!!

Quesadilla Joe 11-24-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 6290878)
32-10 FTW!!!!!

That screw job by the refs absolutely killed momentum. It would have been 13-7 at halftime. We couldn't run the ball in the second half because of that call.

Frazod 11-24-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6290881)
That screw job by the refs absolutely killed momentum. It would have been 13-7 at halftime. We couldn't run the ball in the second half because of that call.

Did somebody miss a payment?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6290885)
Did somebody miss a payment?

LMAO

Param 11-24-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

I see this in the NFL and some coaches just abandon the run. Sure you can run the football and still run it a lot. You're only down 13 points with 30 minutes to go. Some teams just abandon the run if they get down by 10+ points.

CaliforniaChief 11-24-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

To call your ass red would be an insult to Hog Farmer's neck. My God, you epitomize why everyone here hates you and your team. Whiny, bitchy, entitled, could-have been conspiracy theorists who don't have a CLUE about anything.

Watching you meltdown is almost as much fun as watching the Chiefs actually win games. Thanks for the free entertainment, moran.

tooge 11-24-2009 01:34 PM

First off, the ball was coming out before he crossed the plane. He no longer had control at that point. Sorry, just the facts. Second, the donkos have been the beneficieries of call after call after call. I could go back to 1997 if you would like. I'm not talking ticky tack either, but game changing calls like last year against the Chargers that result in donko wins. You have NO room to compain.