ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

Bump 03-20-2013 01:03 AM

well they sure put the hammer down on multiboxing. I was enjoying the extra iiq on maps. Now to figure out the next exploit.

jd1020 03-20-2013 06:11 PM

Remade the witch. Just got to act 3 and when fighting the dude in the first zone that throws bear traps my mouse stops working because the usb port on my laptop is a loose pos and I die........................................ :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bump 03-20-2013 08:39 PM

making the switch to HC.

Pants 03-20-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9516815)
Remade the witch. Just got to act 3 and when fighting the dude in the first zone that throws bear traps my mouse stops working because the usb port on my laptop is a loose pos and I die........................................ :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Perpetus is a mother****er as it is, much less when your mouse stops working.

Bump 03-25-2013 12:34 AM

This is how I lost my lvl 37 HC bow marauder.

I was fighting Piety. Act 1 normal. I ran out of flasks, so I tp'd back to town.

I tp back. It's taking forever to load back in there. When it FINALLY loaded. My screen said resurrect. Because I was dead.

Every death in softcore is from desync.

I just can't bring myself to play this game anymore until they sort these problems out. It's just unacceptable to die like that.

Pants 03-25-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9527898)

I was fighting Piety. Act 1 normal. I ran out of flasks, so I tp'd back to town.

I tp back. It's taking forever to load back in there. When it FINALLY loaded. My screen said resurrect. Because I was dead.

I just can't bring myself to play this game anymore until they sort these problems out. It's just unacceptable to die like that.

Yeah, I've heard people complain about this. If you're TPing into a danger zone and it takes more than like 7 seconds, you need to alt+f4 out of that shit, apparently.

The only time I had to TP out of anywhere dangerous so far was fighting Kraityn on Cruel. Thankfully I didn't have the long load desync death.

jd1020 03-25-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9527898)

That sounds more like a computer issue to me.

You have like 15 seconds of invulnerability once you use a tp until you move or attack.

Even my 5 year old laptop loads in time.

Pants 03-25-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9527906)

You have like 15 seconds of invulnerability once you use a tp until you move or attack.

How's your progress doing, man?

Bump 03-25-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9527906)

probably is a pc issue. I guess I'm priced out of this game, can't go buy a new pc right now. It runs other games fine, but not this one.

jd1020 03-25-2013 12:46 AM

Taking a break for a bit. Got tired of dying after 30 levels.

Playing Dota 2 for a bit.

I still want to try to make an Incinerate hero because its not a very popular spell. But I'll probably have to make a Templar so I can get the HP nodes and transition from something like elemental cleave.

jd1020 03-25-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9527910)
probably is a pc issue. I guess I'm priced out of this game, can't go buy a new pc right now. It runs other games fine, but not this one.

You have up to date drivers right?

Mr. Laz 03-25-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9527911)
Taking a break for a bit. Got tired of dying after 30 levels.

Playing Dota 2 for a bit.

I still want to try to make an Incinerate hero because its not a very popular spell. But I'll probably have to make a Templar so I can get the HP nodes and transition from something like elemental cleave.

i'm a dual totem Incinerate

Bump 03-25-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9527912)
You have up to date drivers right?

yes

Imon Yourside 03-25-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9528654)
yes

Gameplay mechanics are just clunky.

Mr. Laz 03-25-2013 01:31 PM

i don't really understand because POE doesn't tax my system much at all.

sure it's not the internet connection?

Bump 03-25-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9528660)
i don't really understand because POE doesn't tax my system much at all.

sure it's not the internet connection?

pretty sure it's not that.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2599490194.png

I've spent countless hours tweaking shit, googling how to do this how to do that. Some things definitely helped, but this game is so choppy for me. I can't even play with friends or I'm at 1 FPS.

Bump 03-25-2013 02:04 PM

I think this game just has problems with ATI graphics cards. It seems that other people with these piece of shit cards are having the same problems.

Mr. Laz 03-25-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9528734)
I think this game just has problems with ATI graphics cards. It seems that other people with these piece of shit cards are having the same problems.

i have an ATI graphics card too.

ATI Radeon HD 5850

Bump 03-25-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9528746)
i have an ATI graphics card too.

ATI Radeon HD 5850

hmmmmmmmmmm

Imon Yourside 03-25-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9528753)
hmmmmmmmmmm

I have an Asus Radeon 7770 and it runs clunky.

Bump 03-25-2013 02:24 PM

maybe windows 7 is buggy when running through bootcamp?

jd1020 03-25-2013 02:25 PM

I have a 9600M GT and it runs at 60 fps LMAO

I had to turn off shadows, though. That brought my fps up from 30.

Bump 03-25-2013 02:50 PM

holy shit! I ACTUALLY SOLVED A PROBLEM AND IT WORKED!

So. Usually when I'm in battle FPS goes from 5 - 30 constantly jumping. Well I just ran a whole map and the FPS went from 60-110, in battle. That's never happened before and I'll you what I did.

So, I was under the impression that my graphics card driver was updated, since I've unintalled and reinstalled the catalyst control center at least 100 times, thinking that would update my driver. Since, when you go to the website that was the only option to update drivers that I saw.

If you go to this page and do a search for what driver you need. This is what you get

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w-vista64.aspx

So I always thought that would update the damn drivers. But it doesn't, which I just learned now. How stupid is that?

Because I opened up dxdiag and it showed that the driver was old. So, I'm like wtf. Then I went to AMD driver autodetect and it installed that. Then I check dxdiag and it's updated.

HOLY SHIT THATS STUPID

It appears my problem has been solved.

Bump 03-25-2013 02:59 PM

so this whole entire time I've been playing with outdated drivers on the graphics card. AMD's website and how to install drivers is completely reeruned (or maybe I am lol). But when you search for drivers and your only option is to download their control center, wouldn't you assume that's going to update the driver? WTF

Fishpicker 03-27-2013 07:06 PM

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/208/23393259.jpg

anyone know what this is worth, roughly?

Pants 04-02-2013 09:48 PM

le sigh

Just lost my 63 level marauder to a group of Savage Kraytin Snipers (blue mobs with +damage and exploding arrows) on Merciless. Don't think I have it in me to start all the way over. I was hoping to beat Merciless and call it a day, but alas, I'll probably just call it a day at 50% through Act 2.

****ing sucks, man.

Bump 04-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9534128)
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/208/23393259.jpg

anyone know what this is worth, roughly?

lol, nothing? unless someone says "WTB devouring totem" in that case it's worth a chaos tops.

jd1020 04-03-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9551930)
le sigh

Just lost my 63 level marauder to a group of Savage Kraytin Snipers (blue mobs with +damage and exploding arrows) on Merciless. Don't think I have it in me to start all the way over. I was hoping to beat Merciless and call it a day, but alas, I'll probably just call it a day at 50% through Act 2.

****ing sucks, man.

NEVER GIVE UP!

NEVER SURRENDER!

Mr. Laz 04-17-2013 06:25 PM

How does a Melee character survive Chaos damage in merciless?

most the passives are too far away to take
if you commit chaos resist equipment you lose a ton of other benefits

Bump 04-17-2013 09:14 PM

ah, nm

Pants 04-17-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9597040)
How does a Melee character survive Chaos damage in merciless?

most the passives are too far away to take
if you commit chaos resist equipment you lose a ton of other benefits

IDK, I died in the 60's on Merciless and called it a day.

jd1020 04-18-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9597903)
IDK, I died in the 60's on Merciless and called it a day.

I've given up on caring about hardcore. Started playing again and died at 40, again. Just gonna finish up on the scrubcore side.

Bump 04-18-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9599197)
I've given up on caring about hardcore. Started playing again and died at 40, again. Just gonna finish up on the scrubcore side.

how is HC that hard?

I died once at lvl 37 on my first try, but that was only because I was stupid and TP'd back into Piety. Then my client crashed and loaded back up into default. But they have doubled the invulnerability timer at least, since that same thing happened to a lvl 88 streamer luckily.

Then I rolled a bow marauder, super easy. At lvl 61. Bored with that build. So now I'm on a lvl 43 summoner, which is just sickening how easy this is with no gear and 1100 life in Act 2 cruel. Easy mode.

I know, lvl 61 isn't really impressive, but as long as you stack life as much as you can, getting to 60 is easy. resists only seem to be important once you get to merci.

Mr. Laz 04-18-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9599197)

I hope "scrub"core kills you every 5 seconds until you cry.

jd1020 04-18-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9599768)
how is HC that hard?

I died once at lvl 37 on my first try, but that was only because I was stupid and TP'd back into Piety. Then my client crashed and loaded back up into default. But they have doubled the invulnerability timer at least, since that same thing happened to a lvl 88 streamer luckily.

Then I rolled a bow marauder, super easy. At lvl 61. Bored with that build. So now I'm on a lvl 43 summoner, which is just sickening how easy this is with no gear and 1100 life in Act 2 cruel. Easy mode.

I know, lvl 61 isn't really impressive, but as long as you stack life as much as you can, getting to 60 is easy. resists only seem to be important once you get to merci.

It's not hard. It's just, unlike you, I didn't roll the cookie cutter faceroll builds, and I don't want to because like you found out... they are booooooooooring.

Shooting arrows at offscreen mobs that chain and just obliterate packs of mobs you cant even see or sitting in a horde of minions isn't fun to me.

Bump 04-18-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9599973)
It's not hard. It's just, unlike you, I didn't roll the cookie cutter faceroll builds, and I don't want to because like you found out... they are booooooooooring.

Shooting arrows at offscreen mobs that chain and just obliterate packs of mobs you cant even see or sitting in a horde of minions isn't fun to me.

Actually sitting in a horde of minions is pretty fun. The funnest class I've played so far. Especially once you get your magic find gear on, it's gonna be awesome. A typical low life, summoner build runs about 300% iir and 100% iiq. Most classes can't do that because it weakens their gear, but this isn't gear dependent at all.

Actually, running a low life summoner in HC is a huge risk to take, but no risk no reward.

Mr. Laz 04-18-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9600708)
Actually sitting in a horde of minions is pretty fun. The funnest class I've played so far. Especially once you get your magic find gear on, it's gonna be awesome. A typical low life, summoner build runs about 300% iir and 100% iiq. Most classes can't do that because it weakens their gear, but this isn't gear dependent at all.

Actually, running a low life summoner in HC is a huge risk to take, but no risk no reward.

beware all those pierce attacking snakes in act 3

those spikes go right through you minions and will shred you

also the chaos bomb chucking bastiges in the sewers, their range is so long that they throw it over your minions and blow you up.

Bump 04-18-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9601626)
beware all those pierce attacking snakes in act 3

those spikes go right through you minions and will shred you

also the chaos bomb chucking bastiges in the sewers, their range is so long that they throw it over your minions and blow you up.

oh I love it when I see those chaos throwing alchemists! I have 2 spectre's with GMP. That's pure god mode lol.

Shogun 11-23-2013 06:42 PM

Anybody playing this still?

I just started again since the full game came out and I'm having a good time.

hometeam 11-23-2013 06:45 PM

I downloaded it the other night and played for a while.. still couldnt get into it

Shogun 11-26-2013 09:36 PM

Finished act 1 last night

Thoughts :

The Story doesn't feel like it is going anywhere, just a bunch of tasks with no real meaning yet. I hope it gets better

I like the fighting system. Reminds me of d2 somewhat.

Not a huge fan of the currency yet, stuff costing my scrolls and orbs, which is fine but I didn't find a whole lot of them in act 1. This will probably get better in act 2.

Bosses too easy to kill. I run a Maurader and I absolutely just rolled through everything in this act, im at level 15 or 16 right now and 200 DPS, I have a decent armor setup and the only thing that really owns me is fire damage.

Havent quite gotten the hang of the skill gems or skill tree yet to use to my advantage, but I think that just takes time.

Mr. Laz 11-26-2013 09:40 PM

unless they have changed things, bosses get significantly harder later

Shogun 11-26-2013 09:50 PM

Thats good, It was making me bored quicker.

I also don't like the severe lack of cinematics in the game. I know they couldnt afford the diablo 3 tier cinematics which i thought were beautiful, but at least throw something in there

Mr. Laz 11-26-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10228111)

I also don't like the severe lack of cinematics in the game. I know they couldnt afford the diablo 3 tier cinematics which i thought were beautiful, but at least throw something in there

I'm not a big fan of cut scenes and cinematics so it didn't bother me.

really try to get into crafting, it's a major part of the game

1st act is easy mode where you can survive regardless of your build or equipment. Later on you will hit the Diablo II Hell Wall ... where if you have screwed up your build, you're boned.

haven't played it in a long time so i'm assuming the game as remained similar

Pants 11-26-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10228111)

Make sure you play HC only. Makes the game way more intense, especially once you start hitting Act III in Merci.

Once you start playing HC, your priority #1, #2 and #3 are HP (unless you do that one thing where it makes you immune to Chaos but makes your HP cap at 1).

The game has one purpose - to get the best gear possible for your build. There is no story whatsoever.

I liked the game quite a bit and played for a long ass time. After that last death I suffered, I just didn't have it in me to start over though.

Shogun 11-26-2013 10:44 PM

Yeah I just found out that once your HC character dies, it changes to standard mode. Which sucks. I WILL start a character on HC, I Just wanted to get a feel for the controls a little better and the skill tree before I dedicate that sort of time to a HC character.

Pants 11-26-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10228297)
Yeah I just found out that once your HC character dies, it changes to standard mode. Which sucks. I WILL start a character on HC, I Just wanted to get a feel for the controls a little better and the skill tree before I dedicate that sort of time to a HC character.

Let me know when you decide to roll your HC character. I might give this game another shot and maybe we can group up.

If you enjoy the game enough, I would advise to go ahead and drop $20 into making your stash bigger and easier to organize (color options, extra tabs, etc).

Shogun 11-30-2013 07:24 PM

rolled through most of act 2 this evening, couldnt go any furthur without hurting my eyes lol

Bump 11-30-2013 07:55 PM

my lvl 86 Scion double strike in nemesis (new HC league) just RIP'd

:(

Mr. Laz 11-30-2013 07:57 PM

I might have to try it again. I need a new game and you guys have peaked my interest. lol

Shogun 11-30-2013 08:00 PM

Finding the orbs you need while grinding is a bitch

Havent tried crafting yet, havent really looked for it

Fishpicker 11-30-2013 10:46 PM

crafting is just using orbs to enchant, change and enhance base items. sometimes you'll get lucky and wind up with an item that is better than unique items of the same level. you should save all of your chaos orbs until you find items with 6 linked sockets

Bump 11-30-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10235531)
crafting is just using orbs to enchant, change and enhance base items. sometimes you'll get lucky and wind up with an item that is better than unique items of the same level. you should save all of your chaos orbs until you find items with 6 linked sockets

which will never happen. 6 links are extraordinarily rare. I personally wouldn't recommend crafting at all. It's basically just gambling. Until you reach lvl 80+ orbs should be saved. Use your alc's and chaos orbs for crafting end game maps , only lvl 72+ IMO. Unless you find something that is truly GG and can still be exalted, then that's the only time I would craft. Or picking up blue rings/amulets and it's 2 perfect stats and regal it and if that is a perfect stat then exalt.

Imon Yourside 12-01-2013 12:40 AM

I haven't played this in quite a bit, is the interface still really clunky? The graphics and interface definitely hold this game back.

Shogun 12-01-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10235669)
I haven't played this in quite a bit, is the interface still really clunky? The graphics and interface definitely hold this game back.

I dunno, its better than it was in Beta, it hasnt really been launched for that long has it? Thought it launched in October

Imon Yourside 12-01-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10235671)
I dunno, its better than it was in Beta, it hasnt really been launched for that long has it? Thought it launched in October

Ya but I played it like 8 or so months ago...before I got into warframe..been forever. I also bought Grim Dawn which is much closer to Diablo than this is.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9fCMsrBoqwY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shogun 12-01-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10235681)
Ya but I played it like 8 or so months ago...before I got into warframe..been forever. I also bought Grim Dawn which is much closer to Diablo than this is.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9fCMsrBoqwY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOVE the Hybrid classes, thats so sweet. Has it been worth the $35? I might get that game

Imon Yourside 12-01-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10235691)
LOVE the Hybrid classes, thats so sweet. Has it been worth the $35? I might get that game

I must warn you that it's still in beta, it's not even finished. The finished product will definitely be worth it. Right now it's just too short, but keep your eyes peeled. It does feature great gameplay...did you ever play Titan Quest? it's from the creators of that....Probably the best Diablo clone ever made.

hometeam 12-01-2013 10:39 AM

I have Grim Dawn as well. I bought it when it was REALLLLLLLY new, it was FULL of bugs and only had 1 act. Havent checked it in a while.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10235595)
which will never happen. 6 links are extraordinarily rare. I personally wouldn't recommend crafting at all. It's basically just gambling. Until you reach lvl 80+ orbs should be saved. Use your alc's and chaos orbs for crafting end game maps , only lvl 72+ IMO. Unless you find something that is truly GG and can still be exalted, then that's the only time I would craft. Or picking up blue rings/amulets and it's 2 perfect stats and regal it and if that is a perfect stat then exalt.

lol wut?

you might want to save high level orbs for end game type stuff but you should be crafting the entire game. imo.

Pants 12-01-2013 12:54 PM

I think I agree with Bump. It's better to spend the orbs on sure items that like you like in trades rather than waste them on a crafting and hope that you get something you want. At least that seemed to be more prudent back when I was playing this in Spring.

Bump 12-01-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10236105)
lol wut?

you might want to save high level orbs for end game type stuff but you should be crafting the entire game. imo.

you need to know what you are doing if you are going to take a try at crafting. You also need to have a lot of wealth. You definitely should not be crafting throughout the entire game. You can alc stuff if you need an upgrade really badly, but beyond that, no. If you get to end game, you can then start crafting but you will need lots of exalted orbs and eternals to get the godly stuff and those are hard to come by. I have done my fair share of crafting and it's all based on RNG (luck). You can blow through 20 exalts in one minute and not get a good item. But you can certainly buy a great item for 20 exalts from someone else.

Buck 02-05-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9515408)
well they sure put the hammer down on multiboxing. I was enjoying the extra iiq on maps. Now to figure out the next exploit.

LOL

Anyways, I'm just trying this game out now.

I had fun with Diablo 3 until some of you guys were beasts and just demolished the end of my first playthrough, never really got to enjoy it.

hometeam 02-05-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10415502)
LOL

Anyways, I'm just trying this game out now.

I had fun with Diablo 3 until some of you guys were beasts and just demolished the end of my first playthrough, never really got to enjoy it.

hope that wasnt me :X

the good stuff on d3 was doing High MP levels and ubers anyway :S

The Franchise 02-05-2014 10:27 AM

Part of me wants to play D3 on PS3.....but I'm not putting down $60. I'm waiting until that shit goes WAY down.

Sofa King 02-06-2014 10:28 PM

I'm just here to remind everyone that D3 can suck my left nut.

jd1020 02-07-2014 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10415538)
Part of me wants to play D3 on PS3.....but I'm not putting down $60. I'm waiting until that shit goes WAY down.

WAY down?

Gonna be waiting a LONG time.

Thats a AAA game, shits not gonna drop in price fast any time soon.

GordonGekko 02-07-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 10418430)
I'm just here to remind everyone that D3 can suck my left nut.

Same.

What a horrible limited game they made that was a pure money grab.

I'm guessing the Blizz employees who made Diablo 2, LoD, WoW Vanilla and BC (my fav game of all-time F the haters) have all retired?

Pants 02-07-2014 09:31 PM

I got this one game called The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing during the Steam Winter sale and it turned to be a very pleasant surprise. I haven't gone beyond the first act, but it's an outstanding ARPG.

Pants 02-07-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10418758)
Same.

What a horrible limited game they made that was a pure money grab.

I'm guessing the Blizz employees who made Diablo 2, LoD, WoW Vanilla and BC (my fav game of all-time F the haters) have all retired?

A large portion of the major D2 talent left Blizzard a very long time ago. Their baby project called Hellgate: London failed miserably.

I think the vanilla WoW and BC peeps are still there, though. Vanilla WoW is on par with Half Life when it comes to changing the gaming landscape, IMO. Absolute classic and just amazing for that time.

Sofa King 09-29-2016 08:02 PM

I recently started playing this a little more. The games been fun. Didn't give it the time the first go round.

Pants 09-29-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 12456560)
I recently started playing this a little more. The games been fun. Didn't give it the time the first go round.

Give Grim Dawn a try, brah.

Fezzic 09-30-2016 03:21 PM

Essence league has been great. Hit me up if you could use a hand on something:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...679/characters

Sofa King 10-02-2016 10:09 AM

I'm doing a shadow right now. Was kinda winging it. Seems like i was pretty correct with my build once i finally looked one up to see how to do it.

Shogun 10-02-2016 10:24 AM

Anyone in here also Play Guild Wars 2?

Pants 10-02-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 12459510)
Anyone in here also Play Guild Wars 2?

I played it for a while when it came out. It was pretty good, but nothing to keep me engaged long term. There wasn't much end game content at all.