ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

jd1020 07-23-2012 07:32 PM

Cassel is starting because he's the best QB on the roster. Period.

I'm not going to say that the Chiefs are content with him when they damn near penalize themselves for tampering with Manning.

It's a simple question of "Who else?"

Quinn? The guy is a backup, not a starter.

Stanzi is a ? mark but no 5th round QB is going to be knocking on the door of a starter.

It's going to take an injury or an absolute train wreck of epic to unseat Cassel with what is on the roster behind him. He's simply the best option at QB to start the season.

Sorry to those that believe there is no one worse than him.

rico 07-23-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762353)
I didn't say he would get yanked for Stanzi.

I just know that Crennel and Zorn aren't fans of Cassels at all and if we are staring 2-4 down...that's the logical point to make a change.

Hey Dane...

Did you hear what Romeo had to say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

How about what Hali said about him after either the gb or oak game?

Dude is gonna be on a short leash.

I remember Hali saying something after one of those games that heavily implied his frustration with the QB situation. I just can't recall exactly what it was he said... what was it?

What did Crennel say about Cassel at the scouting combine?

On a sidenote:

I am pretty certain that Zorn likes Stanzi. Heard it 2 weeks ago, straight from the mouth of an NFL player that I am friends with who played for Iowa and was informed of this by an Iowa alum who he is great friends with and is currently on our squad. He said, Zorn "loves Stanzi and appeared to have received the most attention by Zorn in the OTA's, most notably in the 2 minute drills." Also said the general perception in the NFL regarding Cassel is that it pisses almost everyone off that he was given such a large contract...they feel it is unfair and that some players in the NFL really dislike him for it.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8762644)
the general perception in the NFL regarding Cassel is that it pisses almost everyone off that he was given such a large contract...they feel it is unfair and that some players in the NFL really dislike him for it.

http://i.imgur.com/8Fctn.jpg

BigMeatballDave 07-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762639)

I'm not going to say that the Chiefs are content with him when they damn near penalize themselves for tampering with Manning.

Stanzi is a ? mark but no 5th round QB is going to be knocking on the door of a starter.

It's going to take an injury or an absolute train wreck of epic to unseat Cassel with what is on the roster behind him. He's simply the best option at QB to start the season.

Cassel is also a back-up and not a starter.

jd1020 07-23-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8762657)
Cassel is also a back-up and not a starter.

I agree.

But he's also a better QB than Quinn.

As pointed out previously Orton and Campbell were really the only legitimate options to possibly win the Chiefs starting job (not including Peyton where the job would have been given to him).

Orton seemingly doesn't want to start.

Campbell would have been nice but he's with the Bears.

O.city 07-23-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

I remember Hali saying something after one of those games that heavily implied his frustration with the QB situation. I just can't recall exactly what it was he said... what was it?

On a sidenote:

I am pretty certain that Zorn likes Stanzi. Heard it 2 weeks ago, straight from the mouth of an NFL player that I am friends with who played for Iowa and was informed of this by an Iowa alum who he is great friends with and is currently on our squad. He said, Zorn "loves Stanzi and appeared to have received the most attention by Zorn in the OTA's, most notably in the 2 minute drills." Also said the general perception in the NFL regarding Cassel is that it pisses almost everyone off that he was given such a large contract...they feel it is unfair and that some players in the NFL really dislike him for it.

Thats all fine and dandy, but Zorn ain't pulling the strings.

rico 07-23-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762689)
Thats all fine and dandy, but Zorn ain't pulling the strings.

Didn't say he was. Was just something I thought was interesting.

O.city 07-23-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8762712)
Didn't say he was. Was just something I thought was interesting.

What did your guy say about Romeo's feelings towards Cassel and/or Stanzi.

rico 07-23-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762717)
What did your guy say about Romeo's feelings towards Cassel and/or Stanzi.

He didn't know anything about Romeo's thoughts.... just Zorn.

O.city 07-23-2012 08:00 PM

Gotcha.

Say what Zorn's thoughts on Cassel were?

rico 07-23-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8762731)
Gotcha.

Say what Zorn's thoughts on Cassel were?

No, I really didn't get anything regarding the coaches' thoughts on Cassel. He just said that Cassel is generally viewed by most NFL players as a scrub and despised by many because of his contract. I remember someone posted on here that one of the Chiefs players referred to Cassel as a "nice guy, but a timid dork." I asked if this was consistent with NFL players' general perception of Cassel and he confirmed that it seems to be.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762639)

You're comparing a guy who had 4 years experience the game and showed no visible improvement to Brady Quinn, a guy who has less than a full season of starts under his belt. Again, I am not a fan of Quinn. I was down on him coming out of college too. Ripped people for saying we should have drafted him in the first. But with him, there is at least an element of "maybe in a new situation, he can do this." He is a first round pick while Cassel is not. He hasn't had a chance to fully prove himself while Cassel has.

It's not like the bar is that high. While we want to test to see if he's worth a first round pick (which is doubtful), the minimum bar is to be better than Cassel. And that's not going to be hard to do.

I don't see what's hard about this debate. You have a guy who clearly is the answer vs. a guy who is a longshot to be the answer, and likely isn't going to be a whole lot worse than Cassel (if you're talking about a floor). There is NOTHING to gain from starting Cassel. Nothing.

jd1020 07-23-2012 08:13 PM

Cassel is a shorter shot than Quinn.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762758)
Cassel is a shorter shot than Quinn.

Cassel is a zero shot. You can't go lower than that. There is no reason to march a guy with zero shot to take your team anywhere out on the field as your clear starter.

jd1020 07-23-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762760)
Cassel is a zero shot. You can't go lower than that. There is no reason to march a guy with zero shot to take your team anywhere out on the field as your clear starter.

****, you are clueless.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 08:16 PM

The only reason to go with Cassel is $

The $ you stand to lose if you go 2-14

The $ you already paid Cassel

The $ you might make if you go 10-6

jd1020 07-23-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762766)
The only reason to go with Cassel is $

The $ you stand to lose if you go 2-14

The $ you already paid Cassel

The $ you might make if you go 10-6

There's only 1 QB on the roster that would make sense going with over Cassel... Stanzi.

He needs to beat out Quinn for the backup job first. If he can't do that...

Cassel's remaining contract is hardly a reason to continue to trot him out there if there are better options to go with.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 08:22 PM

I'm guessing Clark Hunt would be furious if Pioli allowed the $63 million man to benched.

jd1020 07-23-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762786)
I'm guessing Clark Hunt would be furious if Pioli allowed the $63 million man to benched.

The $63 million dollar man that you could cut and not owe another penny.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 08:26 PM

That's not what it's about, though. You already paid him all this goddamn money. You need to play him now, Scott, or are you telling me I just wasted 60 goddamn million?

Besides, we'll go 2-14 with the other options. And then Clark would murder-suicide.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762762)
****, you are clueless.

Says the person nobody agrees with.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762786)

In 2009, I'd agree. In 2012, not so much.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762797)
That's not what it's about, though. You already paid him all this goddamn money. You need to play him now, Scott, or are you telling me I just wasted 60 goddamn million?

Teams "waste" money all the time. The Washington Redskins are the prime example, yet Daniel Snyder lets it all slide because he's bringing in an enormous amount of money.

Clark Hunt's not hurting for cash, either.

Coach 07-23-2012 08:29 PM

Well... look what the ****ing cat brought in....

How have you been Dane?

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 8762806)
Well... look what the ****ing cat brought in....

How have you been Dane?

Hey Coach! I hope you've been well. Things are cruising along...

jd1020 07-23-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762798)
Says the person nobody agrees with.

Ya. There are so many people jumping on the "start Quinn" bandwagon.

Coach 07-23-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8762810)
Hey Coach! I hope you've been well. Things are cruising along...

Eh, I'm doing pretty shitty, but nobody's gonna listen to me. Heh.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762812)

There are more than enough people on the "there is a 100% chance Matt Cassel isn't the answer, so what the **** is the point of starting him" bandwagon.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 8762818)
Eh, I'm doing pretty shitty, but nobody's gonna listen to me. Heh.

Oh no! Feel free to PM me, Dude. I hope it's nothing serious.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762812)

IF he has a strong preseason, I'm expecting that sucker to tip over due to all the weight.

Big if.

jd1020 07-23-2012 08:49 PM

I'm expecting Stanzi to beat him out for #2 with all the praise and support he's been getting recently.

Brock 07-23-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762797)

Besides, we'll go 2-14 with the other options. And then Clark would murder-suicide.

Because sports teams owners are shocked when they blew money on a bad player.

chiefzilla1501 07-23-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8762867)
I'm expecting Stanzi to beat him out for #2 with all the praise and support he's been getting recently.

If that was the reasonable path, then sure, I could care less who starts.

But let's be honest here. When push comes to shove, it's going to take an act of God to get Cassel out of there. But he'll probably do enough to leave at least a glimmer of hope that a postseason berth is in place. If that's true, then the Chiefs view Quinn as the next in line because he's safer. Which means that if the Chiefs are competitive at all this season, I don't see any scenario at all where Stanzi sees the field, and I think that is just an abortion if Stanzi doesn't see time this year.

I'd rather see the Chiefs go for broke. Would love to see them start the season with Stanzi. If not, start the season with a starter and if he's nothing short of "yup, I think the Chiefs can win the Super Bowl behind this guy," then pull him. I don't see the Chiefs doing that with Cassel. Not at all.

BossChief 07-23-2012 08:57 PM

Hali said it was nice to have a quarterback that gave the defense time to rest and make adjustments and how it was the first time in years that was the case....that was in an interview after the gb game iirc.

Romeo was interviewing at the combine and said something like "Cassel is our starter until we get a new quarterback"

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8762874)
Because sports teams owners are shocked when they blew money on a bad player.

Albert Haynesworth and Mike Vick approve this message

rico 07-23-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762893)
Hali said it was nice to have a quarterback that gave the defense time to rest and make adjustments and how it was the first time in years that was the case....that was in an interview after the gb game iirc.

Romeo was interviewing at the combine and said something like "Cassel is our starter until we get a new quarterback"

Ok, that's right. Thanks man.

milkman 07-23-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760656)
Father covering for his son, who by the way, pulled the strings to get the son hired in Pittsburgh.

Dont have a link, but Im pretty sure Dick Haley was overheard in TC in '09 telling someone that "You cant win with this guy".

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8762019)
Not that it matters, but who the **** are you?

And JFC, you must have some kind of jacked up, inflated idea about me to think that I'm here to "reclaim" some kind of throne?

Wow, some of you people are just all kinds of ****ed up.

Are you new here?

Quote:

On a sidenote:

I know a guy who knows a guy that knows another guy that heard another guy say something.

Always reliable info.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8763005)
Dont have a link, but Im pretty sure Dick Haley was overheard in TC in '09 telling someone that "You cant win with this guy".

Yes, I distinctly remember that quote. Those of us who were opposed to the Cassel trade (as well as the Pioli hire) were lambasted and accused of "taking it out of context".

Well, well, well...

Quote:

Are you new here?

In many ways, yes. 17 months is a long time, believe it or not. I'm just beginning to get a feel as to who is a dumbass and who isn't.

Of course, the perennial dumbasses remain the same.

:D

Brock 07-23-2012 09:58 PM

Jeff Chadiha: "I can say this now because he's gone but I remember having a conversation with Todd Haley about last year and he said that when his dad came in -- and his dad's been a longtime personnel guy with the Steelers and obviously saw a lot of talented players come in -- he said when his dad watched Cassel closely the first time they had him here, he told Todd, 'I don't think you can win with this guy.' Now, in year two when everything was bright and rosy, things changed a little bit but that was the first impression that Haley's dad had and his dad was a personnel man for a long time."

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8763033)
Jeff Chadiha:

Thanks. I definitely remembered the quote. I also remember the ridiculous outrage.

CP: "Who the **** is Jeffrey Chadiha".

Furious Four (or whatever the **** we were called): "Oh, only a Sports Illustrated writer."

CP: Well **** HIM and **** Peter King.

-----

Ah, the good ol' days.

:D

rico 07-23-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

I know a guy who knows a guy that knows another guy that heard another guy say something.

Always reliable info.

Well, kind of a rare "guy." A guy who has played in the NFL the past few seasons (a pretty rare feat). A guy who is great friends with and played college ball with another rare "guy" on our beloved KC squad who allegedly relayed this information to him semi-recently. I don't know what would motivate him to lie to me about it... but I see your point. :) Take it for what it's worth (which I presume to you it's not worth much, which is understandable). I never indicated that the content of this conversation I had should be taken as gospel, but it was an interesting conversation, to me anyways.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8763100)
Well, kind of a rare "guy." A guy who has played in the NFL the past few seasons (a pretty rare feat). A guy who is great friends with and played college ball with another rare "guy" on our beloved KC squad who allegedly relayed this information to him semi-recently. I don't know what would motivate him to lie to me about it... but I see your point. :) Take it for what it's worth (which I presume to you it's not worth much, which is understandable). I never indicated that the content of this conversation I had should be taken as gospel, but it was an interesting conversation, to me anyways.

I think it's all good, Dude, and thanks for the information. I've been a "victim" in the past of passing along information and for many (not Milkman) it's difficult to believe because people are so spread out where you live. It's rare that people in KC run into Chiefs players, let alone people that live in Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, etc.

Keep it coming! It may be pertinent and it may not but it's always cool to look back and say "Wow, Rico nailed it!".

rico 07-23-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8763160)
I think it's all good, Dude, and thanks for the information. I've been a "victim" in the past of passing along information and for many (not Milkman) it's difficult to believe because people are so spread out where you live. It's rare that people in KC run into Chiefs players, let alone people that live in Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, etc.

Keep it coming! It may be pertinent and it may not but it's always cool to look back and say "Wow, Rico nailed it!".

Thanks for cool words, man!

My roomates/best friends at college my senior year consisted of; the NFL football player I referenced's childhood best friend who is my current best friend, and the NFL guy's 2 current best friends. This guy actually went to my small-town, out in the boondocks school for a couple years before transferring to a neighboring, huge city (to us anyways, population of 30k :) ) Whenever I hit Iowa City with my roommates, we always hit the town with him. The best part is that he was and still is a fan favorite to Iowa fans, so it felt like we were strolling around with a celebrity...well, we were. I met a lot of Iowa players through being around him.

Funny thing is, when he was a Freshman in high school and I was a Senior, there were talks of us getting into a fight with each other because he had hit on a girl that I thought I was seeing who was actually just playing me. At that time, I think I could have actually taken him. I was a stud wrestler my Senior year and was pretty strong. This guy hadn't completely filled out yet. In fact, he hadn't even started filling out. If this would have actually gone down, I'm confident that I would have been able to take him, but shoot.... a couple years later, especially when he was a Jr. and Sr. in high school and throughout his entire duration with the Hawks, he would have been able to kick my ass easily, despite the fact that I continued to wrestle in college. But we always got along other than that little spat we had when he was a Freshman. I don't even think he remembers that spat anymore because every time I mention it to him, he looks at me with a puzzled expression on his face.

I've met Stanzi a couple times, but ironically not through my Hawkeye/NFL friend.... He was so much different in the two situations where I met him. I met him when I visited my buddy at the dorms when he was a redshirt Freshman with little to no expectations to ever start. He was extremely goofy and somewhat rambunxious that night. Everyone, including himself was clowning around about how low he was projected to be on the depth chart. The next year, he beat out the incumbent starter in a QB competition.

The other time I met him was the weekend of the Tim Dwight football camp in the summer leading into his senior year. I just went to Iowa City that weekend to party, but came with a dude that was a mediocre Fullback for a D3 college, The University of Dubuque. He somehow contacted and convinced Tim Dwight that he should be a volunteer instructor for the camp (as so he said...he could have just been a go-for bitch). He has a weird way of exaggerating and fabricating things to make himself appear more special than he is...and it works sometimes. Anyways, I met up with him after the camp was over and he went on about how many of the players he hit it off with including, but not limited to Ricky Stanzi. We ended up going to someone's apartment that evening before hitting the bars. There were about 5 people there when Ricky "Love it or Leave it" Stanzi entered the building. I spoke to him a bit that night, mostly about late 60's and 70's rock bands (The Doors, Pink Floyd, Skynard, Led Zeppelin). He was cool as hell and still goofy, but not in the rambunxious way he was as a Freshman. Dexter Mccluster seemed to be right on when he explained his perception of Stanzi.

Sorry, got off topic a bit (not that being off topic is a CP rarity or anything).

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Dick certainly lives up to his name.

COchief 07-24-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8763302)
A bunch of interesting ingo.

Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to read some personal interaction stories.

Even if it is all BS, much more entertaining than "Cassel Sucks" which we all already know.

memyselfI 07-24-2012 09:00 AM

Scary, how many crazed gunmen have they said this about?

BigMeatballDave 07-24-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8763596)
Scary, how many crazed gunmen have they said this about?

:facepalm:

milkman 07-24-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8763100)

No dude.

I was just having a little fun at your expense.

I don't dismiss these things out of hand unless you have a history of being full of shit.

rico 07-24-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8765631)
No dude.

I was just having a little fun at your expense.

I don't dismiss these things out of hand unless you have a history of being full of shit.

Jerk. I cried myself to sleep last night to the haunting sounds of emo music due to that snide remark. :deevee:

Ugh, I can't even be sarcastic about that.... I hate emo so much.

NJChiefsFan 07-25-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8763033)
Jeff Chadiha: "I can say this now because he's gone but I remember having a conversation with Todd Haley about last year and he said that when his dad came in -- and his dad's been a longtime personnel guy with the Steelers and obviously saw a lot of talented players come in -- he said when his dad watched Cassel closely the first time they had him here, he told Todd, 'I don't think you can win with this guy.' Now, in year two when everything was bright and rosy, things changed a little bit but that was the first impression that Haley's dad had and his dad was a personnel man for a long time."

Must be nice for some organizations to have at one time employed people who see these things clearly.

BoneKrusher 07-25-2012 06:32 AM

the steelers are in deep doo-doo.

Chiefnj2 07-25-2012 08:10 AM

Not saying Dick Haley was wrong about Cassel, but where was his scouting prowess with Tomzcak, Stewart and Maddox?

Hammock Parties 07-25-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8766172)
Not saying Dick Haley was wrong about Cassel, but where was his scouting prowess with Tomzcak, Stewart and Maddox?

Dick Haley left Pittsburgh in 1990.

lazepoo 07-25-2012 04:10 PM

I'm still confused by the random Michael Chabon reference. Completely wrong crowd for that... Weird.

Titty Meat 07-25-2012 05:24 PM

It's rare that people in KC run into Chiefs players?

ROFL

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-28-2012 02:36 PM

@EdBouchette #steelers first padded 11 on 11 & all they're doing is running the ball. Looks live. Todd Haley making a statement

Dave Lane 07-28-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8762893)

Links? I don't remember either of these quotes.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-28-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8774437)
@EdBouchette #steelers first padded 11 on 11 & all they're doing is running the ball. Looks live. Todd Haley making a statement

*fart*

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-31-2012 06:23 PM

@mortreport on the Steelers offense: “with Todd Haley, they’re throwing the heck out of the football.”

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-31-2012 06:30 PM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Sounds like Haley didn't need long to realize his best players are WOs & QB. If 60 Mins comes back, Ben can light it up in Warnerian spread.

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2012 04:23 AM

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...nality-647249/

Antonio Brown praises Todd Haley's coaching style and personality

While there has been much concern over how new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's schemes would be handled by the Steelers and whether or not Haley and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would get along, wide receiver Antonio Brown is effusive in his praise for Haley's style.

"It's definitely a big difference," Brown said Wednesday.

"Todd's really a cool guy -- shaking guy's hands, communicating with guys, putting in that extra time for guys, visiting with guys. Bruce [Arians] wasn't really that type of guy -- he just went about his business.

"Todd is more team-oriented and more communicative with players and trying to work together with all the men, so he's getting to know everyone," Brown said

"That's something special to be a part of."

That flies in the face of the image of Haley's supposedly thorny personality and his clashes with star players and management while he was head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Not at all," Brown said. "He's a great guy. Definitely not what people made him out to be."

"You can't go off of what you hear about a person until you really get to meet him, and, since I met this guy, he's been first class. ... [Haley] asks me what I'm seeing on the field and [makes suggestions] -- 'look at this route, you can do this better.' When you have men like that who are willing to ... be on the same page as players it makes it better for you, and you're more willing to want to play hard for them."

"That's what we're establishing in camp. Establish our identity, get on the same page, know the way he thinks, build that relationship."

Mr. Flopnuts 09-08-2012 04:37 AM

Meh. His role is completely different there than it was here, and frankly, he probably has better bosses.

Chiefnj2 09-08-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8887711)
Meh. His role is completely different there than it was here, and frankly, he probably has better bosses.

Exactly. Big difference between being a head coach and offensive coordinator. Plus some OCs seem to learn from their mistakes. Daboll was a screaming fool in Cleveland, but toned it down in Miami and so far in KC.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-08-2012 06:53 AM

Sounds like the same shit they spew about every new coach before the season begins. Can't wait for Ben to pwn him on the sideline.

Ace Gunner 09-08-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8766172)

Ya but he did good getting Big Ben /playing along with a clueless idiot

bevischief 09-08-2012 08:30 AM

Can't wait for the turd.

chiefzilla1501 09-08-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8887755)
Sounds like the same shit they spew about every new coach before the season begins. Can't wait for Ben to pwn him on the sideline.

Big Ben needs to stop acting like a child.

As I've said in many other threads, he's over 30. He is beat the **** up. Arians nearly killed him and Haley is being smart to preserve his qb. Bens a tough guy, but I bet it drives the Rooneys nuts to know they have so much invested in a qb who throws his body around so freely when he freelances.

I think Haley's offense will work well in Pitt. More importantly, I think it extends bens career by 2 or 3 years.

Black Bob 09-08-2012 09:03 AM

Happy Gilmore will ruin Pittsburgh. I hope ben punches him. I really would like to see that.

Setsuna 09-08-2012 10:25 AM

DaFace deleting posts???? Come on dude. I left other forums because mods did that. Don't start handcuffing people.

BigMeatballDave 09-08-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8888041)
DaFace deleting posts???? Come on dude. I left other forums because mods did that. Don't start handcuffing people.

It was spam you moron.

CoMoChief 09-08-2012 11:50 AM

Well it wasn't just Kansas City where Haley's had temper problems.

He got into it with ****ing Kurt Warner ffs....which is like getting into it w/ Tim Tebow.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-08-2012 11:51 AM

Haley would break that dweeb

BigMeatballDave 09-08-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8888176)
Well it wasn't just Kansas City where Haley's had temper problems.

He got into it with ****ing Kurt Warner ffs....which is like getting into it w/ Tim Tebow.

He's got into it with several players and most of them like Haley a lot.

The NFL isn't Finishing School.

FringeNC 09-08-2012 12:17 PM

Did all of Haley's problems in KC revolve around Cassel? We'll see soon enough.

CoMoChief 09-08-2012 12:27 PM

Haley's problem in KC is that he couldn't trust his OC's with the offense. They weren't on the same page and you see the results. Combine that with an average at best QB with 2 of the 3 best offensive weapons w/ season ending injuries and you got some problems on offense. 5 Different times the OC position changed, and that wasn't even 3 full seasons. Gailey-Haley-Weis-Muir-Haley again.

He just wasn't fit to lead a team....he may be a good OC if that's all he needs to focus on, but he was in way over his head for being an NFL HC.

CoMoChief 09-08-2012 12:29 PM

Haley's problem in KC is that he couldn't trust his OC's with the offense. They weren't on the same page and you see the results. Combine that with an average at best QB with 2 of the 3 best offensive weapons w/ season ending injuries and you got some problems on offense. 5 Different times the OC position changed, and that wasn't even 3 full seasons. Gailey-Haley-Weis-Muir-Haley again.

He just wasn't fit to lead a team....he may be a good OC if that's all he needs to focus on, but he was in way over his head for being an NFL HC.

bevischief 09-08-2012 12:43 PM

Balls.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-08-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8759401)
Dick Haley has a higher opinion of Cassel than I do.

LMAO

Yeah, "real average" is stretching it like taffy at the county fair...

SAUTO 09-08-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8888041)

Bye.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-08-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8762886)
If that was the reasonable path, then sure, I could care less who starts.

But let's be honest here. When push comes to shove, it's going to take an act of God to get Cassel out of there. But he'll probably do enough to leave at least a glimmer of hope that a postseason berth is in place. If that's true, then the Chiefs view Quinn as the next in line because he's safer.

Mmmm...safety at the QB position, a Kansas City way of life.