ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Bo's Pelini didn't do it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262640)

NewChief 08-21-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8839952)
Ron Paul does not want your vote anymore

Ron Paul definitely dislikes. The free market doesn't involve leaving bogus facebook messages on law-abiding, freedom-loving entrepreneur walls in an effort to slander their name.

Lex Luthor 08-21-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8839633)
I'll address this once.

Things got out of hand I owned up to my part and apologized to Phobia privately.

There's a lot of things we all can learn from him and I appreciate his understanding.

"Things got out of hand"?

It sounds more like you performed an act of total douchebaggery. When you were accused of it, you denied it vehemently. When you were accused again, you denied it again. And when you were accused again, you denied it again.

Finally, when you were confronted with completely incontrovertible evidence that showed you were 100% guilty of lying over and over, you said "Oops, sorry".

One question, which I'm sure you won't answer: Why should anyone ever believe anything you ever say?

Hammock Parties 08-21-2012 08:08 PM

Boom.

http://i.imgur.com/GijHC.png

LiveSteam 08-21-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8839962)
Ron Paul definitely dislikes. The free market doesn't involve leaving bogus facebook messages on law-abiding, freedom-loving entrepreneur walls in an effort to slander their name.

My Husker counterpart defiantly needs find himself a woman.
Ron Paul aint working = delusional

MIAdragon 08-21-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8839997)

LMAO

Simplicity 08-21-2012 08:18 PM

I love how people are acting like this is a "criminal act"... I mean c'mon... Get over yourselves.

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8840024)
I love how people are acting like this is a "criminal act"... I mean c'mon... Get over yourselves.

Sure. You just give us the information on your employers, or how you make your living, and let us go out and submit false information about you, essentially calling you a thief and a fraud in an attempt to hurt the way you provide for your family.

Then when you have something to say about it, we can tell you to go **** yourself.

You sir, just went full Billay. Congratulations.

Ace Gunner 08-21-2012 08:23 PM

This is classic.

Ace Gunner 08-21-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

nuthin's over the line unless a cop says it's over the line, eh? **** off.

Ceej 08-21-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

billay, is that you?

Or one of your 16 room mates?

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8839997)

That never stops being funny. Has to be on his top ten list of things to go back and undo if they ever pull off time travel.

Sofa King 08-21-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8840047)
That never stops being funny. Has to be on his top ten list of things to go back and undo if they ever pull off time travel.

I'm sure he's certainly on his parent's top ten list if anything.

Lex Luthor 08-21-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

No, dumbass, if people were acting like this is a "criminal act", they'd be calling the police and trying to get Billay's ass thrown in jail.

There's a difference between giving someone criticism and acting like a criminal act took place.

Wallcrawler is right. You went full Billay in that post.

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 08:30 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8840052)
I'm sure he's certainly on his parent's top ten list if anything.

LMAO

DaFace 08-21-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

This one in particular wasn't that bad in terms of its impact, so you're right on that part. Phob's business has a great reputation, and some random post like that wasn't really going to make a huge difference.

However, the concept is considered to be a massive faux pas in online communities like this. It's generally agreed that people tend to be more polarized and aggressive online, but those traits should NOT be used against someone in real life. It's kind of part of the "safe place" that are online message boards; while anonymity isn't necessarily guaranteed, it's expected that you can be yourself and speak your mind without it affecting your real life.

So basically, this particular offense didn't matter much, but it shouldn't be tolerated. That's why I felt compelled to bring it up in the first place. As I've said before, I really didn't mean for this to get so much attention, but all of the denials made me cranky enough to keep pushing it.

I do feel badly for billay, though. He's hardly the first person on the internets to pull a stunt like that, and he's not even the first on ChiefsPlanet to get caught. But, you live you learn I guess.

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 08:33 PM

I think JDPrez is billay's biological father. His douchebaggery carrying over into the real world is just hereditary.

Simplicity 08-21-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8840069)
This one in particular wasn't that bad in terms of its impact, so you're right on that part. Phob's business has a great reputation, and some random post like that wasn't really going to make a huge difference.

However, the concept is generally considered to be a massive faux pas in online communities like this. It's generally agreed that people tend to be more polarized and aggressive online, but those traits should NOT be used against someone in real life. It's kind of part of the "safe place" that are online message boards; while anonymity isn't necessarily guaranteed, it's expected that you can be yourself and speak your mind without it affecting your real life.

So basically, this particular offense didn't matter much, but it shouldn't be tolerated. That's why I felt compelled to bring it up in the first place. As I've said before, I really didn't mean for this to get so much attention, but all of the denials made me cranky enough to keep pushing it.

I do feel badly for billay, though. He's hardly the first person on the internets to pull a stunt like that, and he's not even the first on ChiefsPlanet to get caught. But, you live you learn I guess.

I really don't think a online messaging board is the place to discipline billay. If this "harassment" happened outside of CP in real life then it should be disciplined by authorties in real life or just not bring it up. CP is not the place to bring this up. Thinking the mods were just trying to cause some sort of drama.

DaFace 08-21-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8840077)
I really don't think a online messaging board is the place to discipline billay. If this "harassment" happened outside of CP in real life then it should be disciplined by authorties in real life or just not bring it up. CP is not the place to bring this up. Thinking the mods were just trying to cause some sort of drama.

So it's your position that it's OK to make false accusations about a person's business in a public space where that business's customers will likely see it? I hardly think calling the cops would 1) be warranted or 2) be taken seriously.

Buck 08-21-2012 08:38 PM

Man. billay is lame as ****

Bwana 08-21-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Jesus LMAO

Yeah, we sit around day and night and try to figure out how to "cause more ****ing drama," because there is never enough around here.

Sassy Squatch 08-21-2012 08:40 PM

Can we have our Cassel gods now?

Just Passin' By 08-21-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Your mommy still has to tie your shoes, right?

Simplicity 08-21-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8840079)
So it's your position that it's OK to make false accusations about a person's business in a public space where that business's customers will likely see it? I hardly think calling the cops would 1) be warranted or 2) be taken seriously.

No, where in my post did I say that? I said CP should not be the place to bring it up. If Phobia really has a problem with the meaningless harassment, it should be handled outside of a public messaging board.

Btw you just made a false accusation about my last post so.....

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-21-2012 08:42 PM

Over 14k views in 2 days is impressive. Almost makes me want to read the whole thread.

DaFace 08-21-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8840093)
No, where in my post did I say that? I said CP should not be the place to bring it up. If Phobia really has a problem with the meaningless harassment, it should be handled outside of a public messaging board.

Btw you just made a false accusation about my last post so.....

A few years back, we had a poster call another poster's employer and make accusations that could have easily gotten that person fired. How would you suggest that situation be handled?

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

No where in my post did I say that. I said CP should not be the place to bring it up.

No, this is what you said:

Authorities in real life sounds like cops to me.

Keep posting. Hell man, one of these times youre bound to post something semi-intelligent. Until then, I recommend your fingers that did the typing see a lawyer about suing your brain for non-support.

Ceej 08-21-2012 08:45 PM

Guys,

Leave the dumb high schooler alone.

Simplicity 08-21-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8840104)

Keep posting. Hell man, one of these times youre bound to post something semi-intelligent. Until then, I recommend your fingers that did the typing see a lawyer about suing your brain for non-support.

Just don't think something like this should be handled by a sport team fan's messaging board. That is all.

Simplicity 08-21-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8840101)
A few years back, we had a poster call another poster's employer and make accusations that could have easily gotten that person fired. How would you suggest that situation be handled?

Obviously by a internet forum mod. Duh...

Sofa King 08-21-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8840116)
Just don't think something like this should be handled by a sport team fan's messaging board. That is all.

Why not? It started here.

Simplicity 08-21-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8840122)
Why not? It started here.

Because it involves personal lives.

DaFace 08-21-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8840121)
Obviously by a internet forum mod. Duh...

Fair enough. Let us know when you have a better solution.

Just Passin' By 08-21-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8840104)

You may be giving him too much credit.

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

He shouldve been erased from the board in my opinion, which is what the initial discussion was about, what he did and whether or not he should be banned. Phobia let it roll off his back, displaying some pretty impressive restraint, despite the pathetic attempts to deny it put forth by Billay.

Taking shit personally and going after someone in the real world is reprehensible. It might not be criminal, but its sure as hell an underhanded, douchebag move.

Why shouldnt this guy be raked over the coals for his reerunation? You reap what you sow.

He got outed as a complete petty little douchebag, and a horrificly bad liar to boot. He had this thread coming.

Time's Yours 08-21-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

It arose from interactions on this board. Billay only "knows" Phobia from the board. Billay was seeking revenge from being banned from the board. He was caught by joining the board's Facebook group.

Of course it's going to be discussed on the board. I think it should be permaban. Even if it didn't affect phobia much, I'd prefer a strong deterrent for bringing crap to real life for the rest of us.

I liked the harsh treatment dolled out in the past.

Bearcat 08-21-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8840125)
Because it involves personal lives.

Here's a suggestion... if you don't want your personal life to spill over to CP, don't screw with members IRL.

Wallcrawler 08-21-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillip (Post 8840135)
Even if it didn't affect phobia much, I'd prefer a strong deterrent for bringing crap to real life for the rest of us.

I liked the harsh treatment dolled out in the past.

Gotta agree with this. Until you've actually dealt with internet psychos personally, you dont really understand the aggravation and stress it can put on you. Flooding your email, facebook, begging for your phone number so you can "hash it out" over the phone, wanting your address, its just stupid.

Phobia just has extensive experience in dealing with dickbags who take it too far after he spanks them on the open forum, so maybe thats why he let it go so easily.

I find it a little unsettling just how much damage can be done by one person with a beef, who couldnt handle being told to STFU, or got better smack talked to him than what he was dishing out.

Seems like people cant take physical or verbal beatdowns anymore without going apeshit.

Kick someones ass, they bring a gun and come after you. Talk smack on a forum, maybe shut him up by banning him, they go after your personal life and livelihood.

People need to get some ****ing balls and just know when enough is enough.

Buehler445 08-21-2012 09:09 PM

Dear god.

Get busy for a couple days and miss everything.

But the unfortunate reality is the longer I live and deal with people, the more I hate people, society, and the general environment in which we have to operate. And the more I value (the increasingly few) people that are decent humans.

There are not nearly enough decent people on this planet.

Pants 08-21-2012 09:10 PM

Damn.

MOhillbilly 08-21-2012 09:17 PM

Anyone think Billay is some sort of small time criminal? I bet he does either coke or meth.

Phobia 08-21-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

I think you raise a fair point. I don't look forward to disciplining kids on this site. Some of these guys, like Joey, never had a respectable father figure. While I don't want to wear that hat, I'd rather teach kids a hard lesson here than have them lose a job or land in jail because they think they're smarter than somebody who has a position of authority. I don't mind spending a little extra time on a guy like Billay. I used to be an idiot kid like lots of these guys. I don't know Billay's background but I like to think he actually took something from this humiliation. In fact, I know he did. Thanks again for your opinion but I'm just going to disagree and keep doing it the way we do it.

Ace Gunner 08-21-2012 09:24 PM

I'm pretty sure this mssg board was not intended to be used in that way.

luv 08-21-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8839711)
OK, that's it everyone. Let's just sweep this under the rug and pretend it never happened.

Yeah, because that happens.

BossChief 08-21-2012 09:26 PM

I guess I dont understand why he didnt get banned for this.

Skip got banned for just "allegedly" threatening to do just about the same thing that Billay actually did.

Hootie got banned for less
Joey got banned for about the same thing (but I may not know about everything)

I don't think a permaban is in order, but shouldn't the guy spend a month away AT MINIMUM?

If not, can we change his username to OJ Simpson?

luv 08-21-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8840199)
I think you raise a fair point. I don't look forward to disciplining kids on this site. Some of these guys, like Joey, never had a respectable father figure. While I don't want to wear that hat, I'd rather teach kids a hard lesson here than have them lose a job or land in jail because they think they're smarter than somebody who has a position of authority. I don't mind spending a little extra time on a guy like Billay. I used to be an idiot kid like lots of these guys. I don't know Billay's background but I like to think he actually took something from this humiliation. In fact, I know he did. Thanks again for your opinion but I'm just going to disagree and keep doing it the way we do it.

That makes one of us.

DaFace 08-21-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8840218)

Skip got banned for just "allegedly" threatening to do just about the same thing that Billay actually did.

I don't think a permaban is in order, but shouldn't the guy spend a month away AT MINIMUM?

I think it's mostly that the "victim" (who happened to be a mod) didn't want him to be banned. I'd probably treat it the same way if it were any user. If they're not upset about it, then public humiliation is probably sufficient.

BigRedChief 08-21-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8840243)
I think it's mostly that the "victim" (who happened to be a mod) didn't want him to be banned. I'd probably treat it the same way if it were any user. If they're not upset about it, then public humiliation is probably sufficient.

Taking this to real life was a huge line that was crossed. The opinion of the person who was affected in real life should have sway in the situation.

Dave Lane 08-21-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8840218)

Or Billay Simpson or OJ Billay?

Seriously he attempted to publish 2 different users info publicly, slandered Phil with fraudulent claims and then repeatedly (and poorly) lied about it. Had I done it I would commit ritual Internet seppuku and expect fully to be permabanned.

okcchief 08-21-2012 09:42 PM

Well, Kudos to Billay for finally fessing up. I do think you should ban yourself for a few months. Just because you get mad at someone on a message board doesnt justify ****ing with their real life. Step away, realize, come back, have fun.

Just Passin' By 08-21-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

But first, chi-chi

Buck 08-21-2012 09:51 PM

billay wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet

Saul Good 08-21-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

If a guy takes a piss in the aisle of a Best Buy, and they ban him from the store, are you going to criticize Best Buy because public urination shouldn't be handled by an electronics store?

Phobia 08-21-2012 09:56 PM

I don't know why I didn't ban him. I have a 3 week old son sitting next to me and I know he's going to screw up when he's growing up for the next 30 years. I hope people give him some leniency for shit that is clearly just dumb kid stuff. Somebody mentioned JD Prez earlier in this thread for which the comparisons are obvious but Billay is clearly not even close to that guy. I think the humiliation factor is probably much worse than just getting canned from the site. A permaban means he just registers for a new ID and he's back in a day. I think this tact is where the most value for the buck is obtained.

Buck 08-21-2012 09:58 PM

The most value for the Buck would be a permaban.

Hammock Parties 08-21-2012 10:01 PM

Billay's avatar hasn't been changed yet, we're dropping the ball.

BigMeatballDave 08-21-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8840305)
I don't know why I didn't ban him. I have a 3 week old son sitting next to me and I know he's going to screw up when he's growing up for the next 30 years. I hope people give him some leniency for shit that is clearly just dumb kid stuff. Somebody mentioned JD Prez earlier in this thread for which the comparisons are obvious but Billay is clearly not even close to that guy. I think the humiliation factor is probably much worse than just getting canned from the site. A permaban means he just registers for a new ID and he's back in a day. I think this tact is where the most value for the buck is obtained.

Some clever, humorous Mod abuse wouldn't hurt.

Hammock Parties 08-21-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8839633)
I'll address this once.

Things got out of hand I owned up to my part and apologized to Phobia privately.

There's a lot of things we all can learn from him and I appreciate his understanding.

Whoa, just saw this.

NOW WE CAN HAVE GIFS AGAIN

I WAS GONNA POST THEM ANYWAY THOUGH AHAHA

BigMeatballDave 08-21-2012 10:02 PM

I love the irony of 'Winner' under his name...

Saul Good 08-21-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8840305)

Every user on this board now runs the risk of him doing it to them.

SAUTO 08-21-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

funniest part to me was when he said YOU would get banned too.

ROFL

holy ****

comedy gold.

Phobia 08-21-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8840346)

I don't think so. I think you're gonna see a different Billay.

Saul Good 08-21-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8840362)

How many times did he try it in this thread alone?

Buck 08-21-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8840346)

Yeah. You shouldn't let the fact that you were the victim in this case sway your judgement.

BigMeatballDave 08-21-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8840362)

I hope so.

He seems angry all the time.

CHENZ A! 08-21-2012 10:16 PM

what a dork. hahaha is this for real? you're too nice, phil.

Sofa King 08-21-2012 10:22 PM

This whole "Phobia's an asshole" stereotype is really taking a hit tonight..

I think this was a ruse by phobia to make himself look like "turn the other cheek" Jesus.

Sofa King 08-21-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8840401)
This whole "Phobia's an asshole" stereotype is really taking a hit tonight..

I think this was a ruse by phobia to make himself look like "turn the other cheek" Jesus.

To the DC!

I'm bored.

crazycoffey 08-21-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8838649)
Oh, in case anyone cares, I've officially turned my name red again in honor of this whole deal. Non-mods really shouldn't have access to that kind of information, so my hiatus is officially over. Hooray.

There goes the neighborhood....

Hammock Parties 08-21-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8838649)
Oh, in case anyone cares, I've officially turned my name red again in honor of this whole deal. Non-mods really shouldn't have access to that kind of information, so my hiatus is officially over. Hooray.

http://i.imgur.com/AFhZt.gif

mr. tegu 08-21-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8840171)
There are not nearly enough decent people on this planet.

I wonder if RoyalsPlanet has nicer people...

|Zach| 08-22-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8839209)
There aren't many who have gotten owned this hard on CP before. LMAO

Kotter's meltdown is still the gold standard.

|Zach| 08-22-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8839956)
Just wanted to have a post in this thread. No drama I've ever been involved in can compare.

Well it depends on how you enjoy your drama. Do you want the whole feast in one big helping or do you want to spread it out consistently knowing it will always be there in a matter of time.

|Zach| 08-22-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8840327)
Some clever, humorous Mod abuse wouldn't hurt.

Nah, everyone changing their name every week has made it all confusing enough.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-22-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8840686)

Link?

cookster50 08-22-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8839999)
My Husker counterpart defiantly needs find himself a woman.
Ron Paul aint working = delusional

Translation anyone?

Dartgod 08-22-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8840686)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8840701)
Link?

Yes, I'm curious as well.

Dartgod 08-22-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8840291)
billay wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet

Did kcnut hack Buck's account? :eek:

Dartgod 08-22-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8837690)
Are there normal, well-adjusted Nebraska fans on the Internet somewhere? They all seem to be like this guy

Hello?

Sofa King 08-22-2012 07:12 AM

Well, if anything we have a benchmark for future bans.

"You banned me for filter evasion? wtf? Billay did some ****ed up shit and he didn't even get banned! Mods are playing favorites! Bullshit!"

"I bumped a thread and got banned? Billay went full Billay and he didn't get banned!"

"I posted a picture of Buck's mom giving a reach around to an 800 lb gorilla and got banned? Yeah, that makes sense. I'm only going to say this once, I'm sorry. Things got out of hand."

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-22-2012 07:13 AM

I'm willing to bet Billay gives himself a break from here.